Tigger56

We plan our days...

The concept that someone has everything in order and that they are completely in charge of every situation is a misnomer for no one truly controls this day or tomorrow. We can prepare and make ready but only the Lord God knows what lies ahead. We live in the present and that is all. Our past has great impact upon our present and our future, but the present is all that we have. We plan our days, weeks, months, and years but any plan beyond the moment is still a plan and not yet reality. Some people seek to control every aspect of their lives and seek to master every situation but this is a supposition not based upon reality.

Some appear to be in control while others appear to be completely frustrated and seem to struggle with many aspects of day to day life and go through life overwhelmed by the immensity of it all. The overwhelmed when encountering those who appear to be in complete control are either impressed or irritated. Life has innate struggles, for life cannot be completely planned and controlled by our desires and actions. Life contains many unknowns and many unforeseen circumstances, so do not be discouraged if one of these unknown and unforeseen things causes you to initially struggle or seem uncertain. I know not what today or tomorrow may bring, but I know the One who holds all my days in his loving hands, so in trust and surrender I will face the challenges of a new day, and I may conquer all with ease or I may struggle for a while, but the Lord that guides me truly guides me, and will see me through all my days.

• Similar Content

• By Tigger56
      Psalms 77:3, “I will keep God in memory, with sounds of grief; my thoughts are troubled, and my spirit is overcome. Selah.”

The cherished memories of life sustain us and mold and shape us in ways not always understood. Some memories serve as reminders of lessons learned and mistakes made, while other memories serve as gentle reminders of the goodness bestowed and the things that make life all worthwhile. Memories are reflections of our soul, and memories serve as an internal witness of our life and the lives of others. I keep the memories of my childhood and early life within my heart and mind, and while I rarely reflect upon these memories they are the bedrock upon which my life has been established. To keep in memory does not require daily reflection for some memories never leave us, for they are us and shall forever remain. I keep the Lord in memory within my heart and mind. I pray each day, and I worship and I reflect upon the Lord, for the memories held within are the foundation of my strength. When trials come and when my thoughts are troubled I reflect upon the Lord as He is and as He has been in my life. Memories bring strength and power in the present. When I am troubled I will first remember the goodness and mercy of the Lord, and the power of memory will calm me and assure me that the Lord will do as he has already done. Keep the Lord in memory and troubling thoughts will fade away.
    • By Tigger56
      The Lord is all that is needed in all things, for the Lord is above all things and the Lord is the power above all power. In our search to fill the needs of life there is One that can satisfy every desire, every longing, and every need, for the Lord is the power. No matter the trial, no matter the challenge, no matter how great the obstacle, no matter how hard the battle, the Lord is all that we need for the Lord is the power above all power and He has power over all things.
    • By Tigger56
      Psalms 33:4, “For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his works are certain.”

Are the words that we speak right and true, and are our actions certain, are they completed faithfully as promised? I reflect upon the concept of certainty this day. It is said that the only things certain in life are death and taxes, but a life filled with uncertainty is a life of solitude and inaction, for in life there must be things that are certain, things steadfast and true. Are others certain that your words are always words of truth, are others certain that you will faithfully complete all tasks and always keep your word? Do we not need others that we can always rely upon, those that we are certain will be honest, faithful and true?  Never being certain of the words or actions of another causes us to live a life where we are always leery of others, a life where no one can ever be trusted. We must first be men and women that others can be certain of, certain that we will speak truth and execute all actions faithfully as promised, and then we must trust others enough to allow them to prove that they are faithful and true. Never trusting others is the formula for a sad and lonely existence, for even if trust is violated at times it is better to live a life where we see good instead of bad and we see light instead of darkness. Others may fail us at times, but we need to trust others and give others the opportunity to prove that there are more things certain in life than death and taxes.
    • By Tigger56
      That which man builds can be built once more, and that which the Lord has made shall be unto everlasting, for there are things that the Lord has made that no man can destroy. Death comes unto man, and though the flesh is no more the spirit remains in the hands of the Lord. We erect monuments as memorials of loss and war, and we rebuild but we do not forget. This is a day of remembrance, a day to mourn the loss of the innocent and to honor the heroes who stepped forward to help others in need. This day, like all days, is a day of remembrance for the Lord God for he never forgets and he remembers all that have died. There will be no large gatherings this day, and the media will not report about the death of so many innocent ones in our nation. I, too, mourn for the loss of life that occurred on this day sixteen years ago, and I mourn for the people of this nation who are suffering through all the disasters that continue to afflict us. Many speeches will be given today as we remember that over 3,000 people died this day, but there will be silence for the estimated 61,000,000 that have died through abortions performed in this nation since 1973 (Roe vs. Wade), and there will be no speeches for the more than 1,000 babies that shall be aborted this day. I do not mean to take away from the tragedy that occurred on this day in history, but an even greater tragedy occurs day, after day, after day, in our nation.
    • By Tigger56
      The Hope of Another

Within my heart there is a hope that has lingered all the days of my life,
      At times it has been clearly spoken but mostly this hope remains deep within.
      It is a hope not born of my own thoughts, for the origin of this hope is not of me,
      It is a hope beyond me, but is a hope that defines me in ways not fully understood.

Dreams come and they go, hopes rise up suddenly and just as quickly fade away,
      Our plans and our dreams join with our hopes and desires to shape our lives.
      Some hope will not pass and some dreams will not fade away for they are higher,
      Higher than my thoughts, higher than my vision and higher than my strength.

My hope is beyond my life, for my hope is beyond my power and my deepest desires,
      Within my heart there is a hope for more, a hope for something that will astound me.
      A world greater, a world gentler and kind, a world beyond anything I have known,
      This hope of better is beyond me, for it is not of me, for it is the hope of another.

This voice of hope calls unto me, this light of hope guides my thoughts and my dreams,
      The hope that I belong to a place not of this place, to someone beyond this life and world.
      The hope of another lingers within my heart, for I am become the deep hope of another,
      I am the hope and the dream, as all mankind is the hope and dream of another.