• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Isaiah 41:17-18 The poor and needy seek water, but there is none, Their tongues fail for thirst. I, the Lord, will hear them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them. I will open rivers in desolate heights, And fountains in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water, And the dry land springs of water.

My wife and I had the privilege of leading a tour in Israel with over 50 people from all over the world. When tourists come to Israel, and especially to these southern parts where we live, one of the first things they're warned is to make certain they drink enough water. The climate here is very dry -- it fools you into thinking it's not as hot as it really is. You might not even feel thirsty, and before you know it, you can collapse from dehydration.

Experts say that although thirst would seem to be a main indicator of dehydration, it is actually not. By the time one feels thirsty, he or she may very well already be dehydrated!

Could the same be true with us spiritually? How many of us are walking around spiritually dehydrated and we don't even realize it? Satan, the enemy of our souls, would love nothing more than to keep us very busy and unaware of our dire need for the living water of the Word, prayer, worship and Godly fellowship. But we need to be smarter and take time to drink enough of these important nutritious spiritual beverages, that we might be strong and ready to do the work of the Lord!

Let's be refreshed this weekend -- rest, be renewed because we certainly don't want to collapse from dehydration! Have a blessed weekend ... Shabbat Shalom!

The post Have you been drinking your water? appeared first on Worthy Christian Devotional - Daily Devotions.

Read the entire devotional.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Thanks 1