• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom All

What do you think your Gift of the Holy Spirit is? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Love.  This is the first thing God started teaching me when I started to read Scripture and was so missing in my life.  Without love I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.  While God has used me in other gifts, like a word of wisdom or the gift of giving, and occasionally that of prophecy for the edification exhortation and comfort of others, they are all useless drivel without love.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom All

Rather,   abiding in union with Yahushua (Jesus),  as written throughout the New Testament of those who are truly born again ones, set apart ones set apart by the Father for Himself,

is there ANYTHING Jesus does in the New Testament that He does not DO TODAY ?    (practically not)  Jesus said He would never leave nor forsake the disciples, nor ever leave them (us) as orphans.....  Jesus - the same yesterday, today, and forever....  still does the Father's Will every day.  Likewise the Father's children Do also,  as the Father directs.

Jesus is Whole,  Complete,  not separated into parts or pieces at all.....  

Edited by simplejeff

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

There are nine gifts of the Holy Spirit. The spiritual tools of God are the gifts of the Spirit which He wants exercised in full by all of His Earth-sons.

Paul started his discourse of spiritual gifts by saying, "Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I WOULD NOT HAVE YOU IGNORANT,"  (1 Cor. 12:1), and he ended his discourse by saying, "But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant" (1 Cor. 14:38).

1 Cor. 12: 1-11,

1, Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
    2, Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. 
    3, Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed:1 and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 
    4, Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 
    5, And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 
    6, And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 
    7, But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 
    8, For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 
    9, To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 
    10, To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 
    11, But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. 
    12, For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

6 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom All

Baptism of the Holy Spirit is salvation. Matthew 3:11

Gift of the Spirit is the equipping of believers to do

their personal ministry according to that same calling.

1 Corinthians 12 (AV)
1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For the body is not one member, but many.
15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 9/13/2019 at 12:08 PM, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom All

My gift is that I have no gifts and therefore nothing to brag about.

Edited by johnthebaptist

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Comfort. The Holy Spirit comforts my weary heart when I am afraid. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

John D: "Baptism of the Holy Spirit is salvation. Matthew 3:11 "

That claim implies that Jesus' disciples weren't "saved" prior to their Spirit baptism on the Day of Pentecost.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

4 hours ago, Deadworm said:

John D: "Baptism of the Holy Spirit is salvation. Matthew 3:11 "

That claim implies that Jesus' disciples weren't "saved" prior to their Spirit baptism on the Day of Pentecost.

Not really, ...one of the meanings of the the word baptizō means to to cleanse by dipping or submerging, to wash, to make clean with water, to wash one’s self, bathe.

The disciples of Jesus were born again when Jesus breathed on them:

And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, Receive the Holy Spirit. John 20:22

They were born again in the same manner as Adam was given life by God breathing life into his nostrils, or face, providing for him and all of humanity a blood drive system of life:

For the life of the flesh is in the blood.  Lev 17:11a

Whereas Matt 3:11 is talking about two different baptisms:  

I indeed baptize you with water to repentance. But He who comes after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire;

We are baptized, cleansed of our sin, when we are born again and we receive the Holy Spirit into our being, then there is the baptism of the Holy Spirit, a second baptism as some call it, that gives us the power to lead a Spirit filled life:

But you shall receive power, the Holy Spirit coming upon you. And you shall be witnesses to Me both in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and to the end of the earth.  Acts 1:8

When we are born again we receive the Holy Spirit, ...but we don't have the power to live a Spirit filled life, ...when the Holy Spirit dwells in us we are given eternal zoe life, ...that is the life of the Holy Spirit Himself, our new creation in Christ man has a new Spirit drive system of life living within the old blood driven system of life in our physical body.

We need to wait for the Holy Spirit to empower us, what that means is we are to relinquish our authority over our lives and allow the Holy Spirit to rule, reign, guide and direct our lives, ...when we do that we are allowing the Holy Spirit to energize the zoe life, given to us when we were born again, and then the Holy Spirit's life is manifested in and through our lives, ...we are literally walking in the Spirit.

Lord bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

The Holy Spirit distributes the gifts as He determines 1 Corinthians 12: 7-11. I serve God in all ways. I really don't know that I have a special gift :noidea:.