• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

37 minutes ago, Kristin said:

I think FALSE RELIGION started at Babel. But what do I know..

I'm not sure of this bc we aren't told much, or anything, about man's types of worship before the flood. But even if false religion existed before the flood it got a big increase after Babel. I never caught what Michael Heiser says about this but I think he's right. After Babel the nations were divided up and a different spiritual being (a god) was assigned to each nation. These guys were not yet fallen angels but they soon became them. Based on Psalms 82 our God is very angry with the other lesser gods. They were supposed to rule with fairness but they didn't. Worse still was that they got mankind to worship them. So I will agree that the myriad of false religions we see today had their start after Babel.

Concerning the information on the Internet being left for mankind, I doubt it. I'm not sure how the Internet works but I wouldn't be surprised if most of the data is held as RAM data rather being put onto a disc. Turn off the electricity and all the data goes away. For this reason we still need books.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, maryjayne said:

I think he is trying to make a point about global translation apps.

Instead of answering my questions.

I was offline.

I did answer what I saw as your main point - that translation apps don't work well.  Sometimes the best reply is an example.

3 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Maybe an explanation too next time? The written word is a minefield of misunderstanding : )))

Sorry, I thought is was amusing to translate a series of statements, including one about translation apps.  The translation was instantaneous.  It took about 5-10 seconds for all the screen operations.

I thought you would see the fun of it.

3 hours ago, maryjayne said:

I am going to assume you work with translation apps.

However, my focus is on God's ability to make Himself know to all, without the help of humans.

It would appear that you want to discuss human means of transportation on this thread, and not the biblical Babel.

I live in an area where people are fluent in several languages. And have dwelt and worked in many countries, so find your concept of the general public as uneducated in languages puzzling and condescending

I found this whole post to be a direct challenge.  The tone seems very confrontational, especially the last statement.

I wrote a line by line assessment of the errors in your statements.  Again, especially the last one.

But the whole purpose of this topic, as I have stated several times, is to be aware that people from many cultures separate from yours (do not assume mine is yours) are likely reading these things.  So taking my own advice, which I rarely do, I deleted the long defense post. 

I'll leave it to the readers to glean what they can.

13 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

No offense was intended. Sorry.

I think I am not grasping what the focus of this thread is, and trying, clumsily, to get some clarification on this.

Are you blending Biblical Babel and prophecy? Or something else?

Your gracious reply here removed the offense.

I will pull quotes from the sections of the posts above to see if it can make sense:

What am I Babelling on about?  Simply illustrating the tremendous issue that language is. 

Again just illustrating the difficulties we have in communicating. 

This extreme problem I'm sure existed before the Tower of Babel. But then God Most High made it much worse when he intervened at the Tower of Babel. God Most High made a vast number of distinct languages.

This language barrier has been very effective at preventing all peoples of the world from uniting again since the Tower of Babel.

Until now.  For the first time since the tower, we humans are very close to eliminating the language barrier created by God Most High. 

What does that mean for Worthy Forum members? 

I am still interested if anyone anticpates any audience changes here in these forums as the Tower of Babel is reversed?

In summary, how the intervention at the Tower of Babel was God introducing all the thousands of languages we have.  And now, for the first time since Babel, that is being reversed through technology.

The way my mind works, I think of the ramifications of emerging technology on existing structures.  So I am wondering what effect the anti-Babel will have on these forums.  And I focused in on just the audience.  What effect will anti-Babel have on the audience here in the WOrthy forums?

Now it is possible for most people in the world to communicate without assistance from God.  Such new abilities for individuals from most places in the world to communicate WILL make a difference in the online world.  Already has in commerce.  What about this environment, this forum?

I feel it makes a difference in how each of us needs to communicate.  There will be, and probably already are many, people that do not speak english that are coming to forums like this looking for the family God.  With Anti-Babel happening, they can read the words.  Some may be literally risking their lives to read. But am I communicating things in a way that will be worth the risks?

But now, with the technological advances that are undoing the language barriers, people that have no english skills can and will look at this forum.  They will look because everyone wants to know a meaning for life and christianity purports to represent that meaning. 

The Anti_Babel technology makes them able to make sense of the contents of this forum. 

That is why I posted this.  Just a reminder that we are riding the crest of a wave.  Be aware of it and represent Christ as we discuss the important things of scripture.

----------------

maryjayne - I hope by putting the comments that I made in close proximity it becomes evident what I was trying to say.  (It is bad I illustrate my own point by being unclear  - talking about me only).