• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  0

Language is a blunt instrument.

What does that mean?  Exactly.

What language does God Most High speak?  Besides all of them, I mean. 

Well that doesn't make any sense because the words chosen, while being accurate, only are precise if you understand them in the way I intended.

But that's what I am trying to do, make you understand by using those words. To do so perfectly, I need to include definitions.  But those definitions are more words that need definitions. Which means that I can't ultimately communicate without using some words that we share already before starting to communicate.  I have wasted part of my life accumulating a very large vocabulary.  I know lots of useless words. Useless because few understand them.  Wow, impressive, like having a vast collection of rubber strips from the 1920's.  I also know bits and pieces of other human languages, most just enough to get far enough into a conversation that I look like a total idiot. Because I am.  I am reasonably proficient at some, enough to get much further into a conversation before I look like a total idiot.

What am I Babelling on about?  Simply illustrating the tremendous issue that language is.  Or at least has been since God Most High afflicted the human race with many thousands of distinct languages.  The reasons why he would do such a thing must be important, but addressing that would generate a diversion that would devolve into endless debates about the meanings of occult things.  Whoops, I used the word occult quite accurately and precisely, but I am sure that to many of you it did not convey the precise meaning intended.  Occult means hidden.  But you all took it as "pertaining to the realm of Satan".  Some of you will stop reading at this point and go PM others about the true intentions of lftc.  Others will want to reply saying I am wrong about the definition of the word and quote an online dictionary using ONE of the defintions of the word that does refer to dark spiritual things.  But all I said (from my perspective) is that there would be debate about hidden things. 

Again why am I babelling on?  Again just illustrating the difficulties we have in communicating.  My other posts certainly do not support anything but a ardent belief in primacy of scriptures as word of the LORD Jesus, God Most High.   Well at least when those posts came from my concepts that is what they said.  When they arrived in your concepts I have no idea what they meant.

This extreme problem I'm sure existed before the Tower of Babel. But then God Most High made it much worse when he intervened at the Tower of Babel. God Most High made a vast number of distinct languages. So completely different that it is astonishing. 

This language barrier has been very effective at preventing all peoples of the world from uniting again since the Tower of Babel.

Until now.  For the first time since the tower, we humans are very close to eliminating the language barrier created by God Most High. 

Computer technologies are available now that can almost instantly translate between many languages.  All the major languages and many of the less common languages.

You can today buy handheld devices and/or apps for your smartphone that almost instantly translate.

What does that mean for end times?  I don't know, but it seems significant.

What does that mean for Worthy Forum members? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

For understanding there has to be more than just a shared language. There has also to be a shared comprehension of things like morality, reasoning and purpose.

Gadgets may give the meaning of words, but they depend on shared reasoning to enable true understanding.

• Group:  Senior Member

12 minutes ago, Who me said:

For understanding there has to be more than just a shared language. There has also to be a shared comprehension of things like morality, reasoning and purpose.

Gadgets may give the meaning of words, but they depend on shared reasoning to enable true understanding.

I agree.  Thanks for pointing that out.

12 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Body language can also be misinterpreted, as can facial expressions and tone. It's even harder when we can only use the written word for communication.

Very good point.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

I am not dogmatic about this, but it is what I believe.

We are to "walk" with the Lord. It is an idiomatic expression meaning live for the Lord. 

Agreed?

"Language" is more or less the common bond. Simple language barriers are easily overcome.

But if one's heritage were different than the others...

I am of the belief that God introduced the three major genetic divisions into humanity at this juncture:

Mongoloid Negroid Caucasoid. 

The variations are from the wars etc. that swept back and fourth across the continents.

Until the Islamic invasion into the Mediterranean nations, what we call the Spaniards today and the Romans

and the Greeks were fair complected and light haired like the northern Europeans.  And America is a melting pot

of all ethnicities. It is itself the reverse of Babel in a sense.

When done legally... immigration here is a beautiful thing.

Edited by JohnD
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

I celebrate diversity. As a mailman I try to speak a little of my customer's language

(at Walmart where I moonlight, I speak a small degree of Spanish to my customers).

Some Vietnamese and Filippino (in San Diego), German and Spanish here. I even speak a 

little bit of English...

:P

But people are fiercely proud of their heritage.

I worked with a chap in San Diego at the P.O. who I imagine has finished his 20 Years in the National Guard

by now. He is not a U.S. citizen. He is a 40+ year old "dreamer." But he was good enough for the military (Marines then the Guard)

and the Post Office. Great guy.

He took exception on my position of English being the legal language of the U.S. calling it hate and claimed "we were here first..."

he was from Mexico.

I reasoned with him that there are various Asian languages and dialects in Southern California alone. Should we all not have one standard

language in which to establish boundaries and understanding like "Red means stop / Green means go?"

He said he never thought about it that way.

I told him I honor his and everyone's heritage.  Keep it. But blend in with the rest of us or it truly would be best to just

remain at home.

He was one of my best friends in San Diego.

19 hours ago, maryjayne said:

I feel in my heart, and please correct me if I am wrong, that I have wounded you somehow? Maybe a communication error on my part? I don't know.

If so, I apologise to you and ask your forgiveness.

The world I live in most of the time requires me to be brief and to the point. It may be that my writing style has sounded unloving? It was not intentional if so.

Sorry, I did not see this until now.

No worries, sister.

Great comments coming in.

As is usual, people have insight and good perspective.

I am still interested if anyone anticpates any audience changes here in these forums as the Tower of Babel is reversed?

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

It has been reversed at Pentecost. In Obediah God rants on about Edom and how He will get them. But the apostles repurpose that and show that Edom is regathered just like the other nations that were scattered. Pentecost saw to that and is still working. The apostle says "all Israel will be saved" This is a theological statement meaning all the seed of Abraham, the believers will be Israel. And be saved by the Lord..

Edited by Justin Adams

22 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Reversed? Please can you expand on this? I am intrigued.

That is what the original post is about.  In summary, how the intervention at the Tower of Babel was God introducing all the thousands of languages we have.  And now, for the first time since Babel, that is being reversed through technology.

The way my mind works, I think of the ramifications of emerging technology on existing structures.  So I am wondering what effect the anti-Babel will have on these forums.  And I focused in on just the audience.  What effect will anti-Babel have on the audience here in the WOrthy forums?