• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Well, the principle is you cannot just ignore and cut out what you don't fancy in the Bible! 

I'm reading about a character called Marcion in the 2nd century A.D. He decided to cut out and edit large sections. Rejected OT completely. He was a powerful nan but so arrogant and misguided. Eventually got ex-communicated. Amazing behaviour!

My view is you cannot mess with the inspired Word of God. Must never. 

Thomas Jefferson did the same thing.....he cut out all of the Miracles Of Jesus. “ The Gospel is foolishness to those that perish”

9 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Oh it's real!

Megachurch Pastor Says Christians Are Not Required to Obey Old Testament Commands

https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/scott-slayton/pastor-says-christians-not-required-to-obey-old-testament.html

MegaChurch Stumbles on the Truth! Modern Day Judaizers Go Beserk!

“Smelling Salts stocks go through roof!”

I certainly hope he stumbled onto the two new Commands not given by Moses , but by Jesus Himself( not “ new” really) BELIEVE and LOVE.If you are under the Law you are also under a curse.Enjoy!

“ By The Law , NO MAN will be justified”

“ If you break ONE Commandment— you have-broken them all!”

When are you guys going to give up on a “ weak” impossible-to -keep system and go with the free Grace that God is offering to you....that “ offer” ain’t gonna last forever.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  11

23 hours ago, JohnD said:

I would point out that the scriptures that are referred to in the New Testament ARE the Old Testament scriptures.

Yes, that's true.

1 minute ago, Abdicate said:

You got that right. So why do you not believe the word of God? Jesus will throw into the fire those that do not abide in Him and keep His commandments as proof of their love for Him. Your definition of "grace" is to do whatever you want without consequences, that is the opposite of the word of God.

John 15:4-6
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.  I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.  If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast [them] into the fire, and they are burned. 

Proverbs 26:2
Like a fluttering sparrow, like a darting swallow, so the undeserved curse doesn’t come to rest. 

Matthew 18:23-35
Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.  And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.  But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.  The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.  Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.  But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took [him] by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.  And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.  And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.  So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.  Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:  Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?  And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.  So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses. 

If you do not forgive, your family will suffer loss too.
Ephesians 5:1-7
Be therefore imitators of God, as beloved children. Walk in love, even as Christ also loved you, and gave himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling fragrance. But sexual immorality, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not even be mentioned among you, as becomes saints; nor filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not appropriate; but rather giving of thanks. Know this for sure, that no sexually immoral person, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words. For because of these things, the wrath of God comes on the children of disobedience. Therefore don’t be partakers with them.

My definition of   Grace is if you are a member of the Body of Christ, ALL  of your sins are forgiven, when it comes to one’s Salvation.I never say there are no Temporal Consequences.Nobdy here has posted as much as I have in regard to Chastizement 

Here is real Grace ....Jesus took my sin and in turn I got His Perfection.....simply because I believe the Gospel Of 1cor15:1-4 ....I don’t add to it and I rest In it.....I am Covered.Untouchable.What the poorly taught do not realize is that the freedom to do whatever I want does not stir up any desire to sin.It stirs up Love and the ability to live In a  way that is pleasing to God Without even trying. I do not have a mind that is “ sin conscious”. My mind is “ Christ Conscious”. It’s kinda hard to explain . You have to live it to understand it.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I think you could find salvation, learn what God expects of us in the here and now  and win the prize solely with the books of Matthew, mark, Luke and John. BUT why would you want to? Given we are so blessed to have so much resource and tools, especially online to fo such advanced scriptural studies I think its be a real waste to skip over the O T.

I think spiritual babies should PRIMARILY be reading through the new testament though for sure. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

My definition of   Grace is if you are a member of the Body of Christ, ALL  of your sins are forgiven, when it comes to one’s Salvation.I never say there are no Temporal Consequences.Nobdy here has posted as much as I have in regard to Chastizement 

Here is real Grace ....Jesus took my sin and in turn I got His Perfection.....simply because I believe the Gospel Of 1cor15:1-4 ....I don’t add to it and I rest In it.....I am Covered.Untouchable.What the poorly taught do not realize is that the freedom to do whatever I want does not stir up any desire to sin.It stirs up Love and the ability to live In a  way that is pleasing to God Without even trying. I do not have a mind that is “ sin conscious”. My mind is “ Christ Conscious”. It’s kinda hard to explain . You have to live it to understand it.

I as many of us have the same questions....we question and cry is not fair...we don't want people to be Saved-from Hell-unless they agree to let go of anything sinful in their lives-plus to agree to be of service to the Gospel and thus of Jesus Christ...

They as I in the past did not understand that this is not possible...because Jesus Christ died only once and never to die again...

I cannot be judging those who believe and escaped Hell...but have not enter the kingdom of God while they still live...

Everytime the Kingdom of God is mentioned it makes reference to believers who still live..even thought the kingdom of God is also Heavenly....and invites them as the children of God by faith in Jesus Christ who live in and out of the kingdom of God to do something.....to repent...and it is not always about sin....

Many do not do the recognized sins and still wondering if they are in the blessings of the kingdom....

Jesus warned his disciples to stay connected to him....

They were at that time in a privilege position, they were only under the teachings and pastoring of Jesus Christ...

The only way for them to be disconnected would have been to go back to Judaism...remained believers but practising Judaism..

But also Jesus was asking them to be in the role of the Servant....as in the parable of the talents...and not just to remain in the faith, but to work with him...which they did...till the end of their lives....

In later times Jesus gave us many examples of how many start with abiding in the vine...but eventually little by little are sifting their reliance to other spiritual "Lords", withing the faith...we see that in revelations chapter three...about the Churches...

How they starter in the most favorable position with Jesus Christ and how they sifted away...

Still believing in Jesus Christ and preaching the Gospel and calling upon him....but they got involved in some man made teachings .....following their earthly teachers-leaders...with so much passion and reliance to them that they could not recognized Jesus knocking on the door of their heart to let him lead them away from them and to him...in some specific matters...

They were still under the blood....still believers...

It is also about the eternal life....

We must be able to see the difference...

Between the life of God given to Adam...which was not eternal...he did not have a Savior...he did not need to be Saved at creation, he was created in the Life of God....

He had the burden of remaining in the Life by remaining in full obedience, even obedience that kept him in ignorance of good and evil...right and wrong..as he did not have ...forgiveness of sins....or reconciliation for disobedience....

We see that looking towards the "Eternal Life", which comes with the "righteousness of God", at the same time...which comes to us because of the forgiveness of our sins....

In the sacrifice of Jesus Christ....

We are given imputed everything, righteousness because we have the forgiveness  of sins and the Eternal Life in Jesus Christ....

We sin and that makes someone mad and that one is not Jesus Christ...it is the Devil...who can recite many scriptures even the story of how he got Adam and Eve...and the whole world...belong to him...for some lengthy time...but this time he gets even madder...because someone stands between the "sinner believer", and him...

And he checks out his memory....Jesus has taken from him as his troghy "the sting of Death"... In case someone is not following Jesus...in the New beginning of making everything new..of him being the Lord...on he Heavenly Throne.

.in his triumphs statesmen...I have the keys of Hades and Death", 

We are free to sin...and laugh at the "devils face"....but we are still in this world and even thought we are not going to Hell because of sins...while we live the sinful life we give the devil a chance to demoralize us...and deceived us..making us think that we are protected from him in this earth...when we are not...

Jesus is calling the believers to repent....not because he will sent them to Hell if They are not....but for starters to keep The devil away from them....but he cannot stoped him for tempting us in our weakness...we need to stay alert...and also to protect us and guide us and bless us without the distractions of a sinful life stile...or a wordy life style...to take us out of bondages and closer to him and to his light... And bestow upon us the blessings of living in his eternal life....not only to boast that we have it ...but also to learn to live in it...

But he said ...narrow is the way to live in his eternal life....

Most of his believers are not in the narrow path...

But still believe in a sensual style of the world...the devil is mad...he may have them here on earth to a certain extent while they live...but he cannot have them for eternity...the rolls have switch, have reversed around....

Before it was God who could have the people while they lived...but did not have them for eternity...that was before Jesus Christ death on the Cross.....

We see God mourning for Abel because after death he was not with him.

We needed and have to wait for the seed of the woman....

That time God the creator gave us a hind....

He said at the time of Abel's death....in his mourning....the revenge is mine, and extend his protection to Kain...in case someone thought he had Kain in his mind...when he made the commend having the Devil who took Abel...God the Creator said I will be he one to take him back...the revenge is mine" I am the one ordained to be the seed of the woman...the Christ.. Jesus the Christ...