• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, appy said:

The passage in Isaiah is NOT speaking of individual human fertility period !! Isaiah, in the Old Testament is using a “figure of speech” in speaking of a future event when Jesus would come enabling the gentile nations to also come to God through faith in Jesus' birth, life, death and resurrection. A marriage ceremony is a “covenant” between a man and a woman. The bible often uses this as an allegory to teach how our relationship with God is like a marriage. God is speaking in terms that we can understand and comprehend. In the Isaiah passage the allegory is of the gentile nations, who at the time of the Babylonian exile were “barren” when it came to the things of God. And of Israel who at the time is referenced as the woman who has a husband through the covenant marriage made to God so to speak at mt Sinai.

The imagery used in the Isaiah passage is pointing to the fact that there would be more gentile believers than jewish believers in the end. In revelation, John saw God's promise come true in regards to the gentiles of whom were redeemed through faith in Jesus Christ. John saw in his vision a vast multitude of people that couldn't be numbered. That vast multitude of people are people from every tribe, nation, language.

In summary, the barren woman is used figuratively of the unbelieving gentile nations as a whole; who were previously estranged from God, but through hearing and believing the gospel, became the spiritual children of God. And the woman who has a husband is used figuratively as Israel, but initially rejected the gospel when they heard it. It is telling us to rejoice, because salvation is available to all. What a wonderful, awesome and merciful God we have!!!

yes, and out of egypt i called my son was about israel before it became about Jesus.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

On 9/14/2019 at 1:47 AM, nobleseed said:

what are the chances of Jesus having a son?  what it the child born in rev 12 is the son of Jesus.  in some translation of Isiah 53 it says he will see his offspring.  

On 9/15/2019 at 10:46 PM, nobleseed said:

here's a scenario, lets say there is a barren woman who cries out to Jesus in her anguish, and Jesus comes to her and heals her and by touching the place of her womb imparts a child, it is written more are the children of the barren woman then she her has a husband, and rev 12 does say the woman has more children.  Jesus didn't need to perform surgery to heal people neither does he have to copolate to have a son.

6 hours ago, nobleseed said:

yes, and out of egypt i called my son was about israel before it became about Jesus.

Both the Isaiah and the revelation passages are talking about God's promise of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. Isaiah was looking forward to the time when  Jesus would redeem the whole world through his death on the cross and resurrection.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, appy said:

Both the Isaiah and the revelation passages are talking about God's promise of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. Isaiah was looking forward to the time when  Jesus would redeem the whole world through his death on the cross and resurrection.   

and i look forward to the coming of his son, the one who will reap the earth when the crop is ripe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/17/2019 at 2:37 AM, nobleseed said:

Hosea 11:1 

THE DISAPPOINTMENT OF A PARENT

1* When Israel was a child I loved him,a

out of Egypt* I called my son.b

2The more I called them,

the farther they went from me,

Sacrificing to the Baals

and burning incense to idols.

3Yet it was I who taught Ephraim to walk,

who took them in my arms;c

but they did not know that I cared for them.

4I drew them with human cords,

with bands of love;*

I fostered them like those

who raise an infant to their cheeks;

I bent down to feed them.d

5He shall return to the land of Egypt,e

Assyria shall be his king,

because they have refused to repent.

6The sword shall rage in his cities:

it shall destroy his diviners,

and devour them because of their schemings.

7My people have their mind set on apostasy;

though they call on God in unison,

he shall not raise them up.

BUT LOVE IS STRONGER AND RESTORES

8How could I give you up, Ephraim,

or deliver you up, Israel?

How could I treat you as Admah,

or make you like Zeboiim?* f

My heart is overwhelmed,

Hosea wrote this about Israel....here he is referring to the twelve tribes inclusive....

In other parts he is define Israel as the northern kingdom....and makes separation for the tribe of Ephraim...and the Samaritans....

The southern kingdom was Judah including the tribe of Benjamin...Jerusalem and the Temple were in the tribe of Benjamin...

Egypt represents "the human captivity", as in death...inherited from Adam....particularly the place of the dead...

This is where Jesus went after he died... Following his human inheritance....for other reasons he died just as a man.....

God the Father called Jesus Christ his Son out of the "captivity", the place of the dead...

This may be a reference to the resurrection of Jesus Christ...

In a later chapter in Hosea is written the victory of Jesus Christ over the captivity of death...

Hosea 13:14

* Shall I deliver them from the power of Sheol?

shall I redeem them from death?

Where are your plagues, O death!

where is your sting, Sheol!j

Berean Study Bible

Hosea 13:14
I will ransom them from the power of Sheol; I will redeem them from Death. Where, O Death, are your plagues? Where, O Sheol, is your sting? Compassion is hidden from My eyes.

There is a lot to know before we may rightly understand many things written and why they were written...as Jesus said to the disciples on the way to Emaous...they have a suggestion to him and his mission from God....including his death and resurrection and his victory over Death and Sheol.....

Jesus in revelations said:

I HAVE THE KEYS OF HADES AND DEATH....

In Hosea we see the Lord God as the seed of the woman who blasted the head of the Serpent and ended his right to hold the whole humanity in the captivity of death...

Jesus Christ the Life giver took all who believe in him...by giving them the Life Eternal....to himself in Heaven...as he does for us who believe....it takes time to comprehend a lot of things.    

Jesus Christ hasbthe REFERENCE as Israel because is the Savior of the whole word.. And in him God has children from all the nations of the world...he died fir all.

As Jacob was called Israel because all his children from all his wives were included in his blessings....

No one was excluded...

In Abraham only Issac was included and in Issac only Jacob was included, Essau was exluded even thought he was the son of Rebecca the same as Jacob...his tween brother....

In Jacob all the children from all the wives were included.....that's why he was called "ISRAEL", the same for Jesus.  He is refered as the Israel of LIFE....THE CHRIST... 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
Spellings