• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/08/1989

Kindly help me know how I can fully forget how I was hurt in the past. I've managed to forgive and resume our relationship but deep inside something reminds me of the past hurtings. It's taken away all my peace

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,400
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Sometimes you just need time and prayer to get over it all emotionally. Sometimes you'll need to reform positive associations with the people in question somehow if they're still in your life.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 15 September 2019 at 12:25 PM, Jackson Shem said:

Kindly help me know how I can fully forget how I was hurt in the past. I've managed to forgive and resume our relationship but deep inside something reminds me of the past hurtings. It's taken away all my peace

Has that hurt been repented of by the person who hurt you?

If they can't or won't you will have to hand the situation over to God and pray for that person.

If they did say sorry and you cannot let go.

Then again pray to God about that person, praising God for them and praying for their benefit.

If you have forgiven them, but still feel hurt, then you need to hand that hurt over to God, along with all the details of the incident and do two things. Pray for that persons benefit and thank God for taking charge of your hurt etc.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 9/15/2019 at 7:25 AM, Jackson Shem said:

Forgiving is one thing, forgetting is another thing. Forgetting takes time. I Am going to share a little story with you, when I was in High school (Way back when...) There was a guy that was a bully towards me and hurt me by what he had said about me. Some years later I Got a distinct dream that this person was asking me for forgiveness, I did not know where he lived or anything like that but I Knew that the LORD sent this dream to me so that I would learn to let go of this Pain he had caused me. You see, when someone hurts you like that until you can let go of that animosity towards them they will continue to hurt you and cause pain. When I understood this a burden was lifted off of me and somehow I Knew the LORD was at work in that persons life convicting him of his hurtfulness to others. The same Is true of Myself as well. There are people I hurt, and I need to repent of that Hurt I caused, and the LORD will communicate that repentance to the ones we have hurt and lift that burden off of them as well. 

Letting go, can only be done, when you realize that Not doing so is like making the one hurting you inflict that pain over and over again on you. Lay that burden at the foot of the cross, for there we see how we hurt the LORD by our inability to forgive, and we learn to love even our enemies.