• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom All,

Here's a handy, all-in-one resource that may prove useful for you if you are introducing some to the New Testament and they get caught up on names and issues.  Topics covered include:

• Background info on groups (Pharisees, Sadducees, Sanhedrin, Herodians etc)
  • Understanding all the Herods that appear
  • Understanding the scandals and political issues of the first century
  • Differences between the gospels

Page: Understanding the gospels

It's written simply so that it shouldn't be too hard for anyone to understand.  I hope its of some use to one of you, for His glory.

Love & Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,530
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

From this website: "I had considered detailing more about me, but it doesn’t seem appropriate.  This website has been designed to guide people through the Bible and Biblical topics rather than to serve as a platform for self-promotion. A defiant stand I take in an era of egocentricity.  However, when appropriate I will share parts of my testimony throughout this site, for your help and His glory. "

Ah, thanks for sharing but no. It is not for me any more than is Got Questions. I like to know in fact need to know,  the bigger picture including whom I am reading, even if it is a pen name, than to have an unknown quantity  and quality making proclamations that get mixed up and then jumbled into the recesses of my own brain. 

Most every entity claims authoritative standing, and believes it too, but not all are Godly at all. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Most every entity claims authoritative standing, and believes it too, but not all are Godly at all. 

I too checked it out (I'm just naturally curious) and while I won't put it quite in the same category as GotQuestions, like you, there's not much there for me. There is a little 1st Century historical primer but it's interlaced with rhetoric and theology and one must be careful to discern the difference. I saw a couple of what looked like accurate maps and they had a good little Herods 101, but there's not enough real detailed historical data (and nothing new that I saw) for use as a serious reference for 1st century historical purposes and certainly not worth the bother of vetting the source. That said, to their credit, I saw nothing totally outrageous anywhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

but there's not enough real detailed historical data (and nothing new that I saw) for use as a serious reference for 1st century historical purposes and certainly not worth the bother of vetting the source

As I wrote in the OP, it may be useful for someone to be introduced to the New Testament times i.e. new Christians.  It probably won't be helpful to mature Christians. 

• Thumbs Up 1