• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, I am looking for some bible "stories" on DVD. There are many labeled Kids Stories. But  I am seeking adult level presentations of Bible based history.

Do you know of any DVD collections, or the name of producers of movies geared for adult consumption that  tells of Kings as example, or  Acts, or  the Book of Hebrews,  or any Bible based presentation?

I need my mind to be stimulated, jump started,  so that I can do a fuller search for myself, thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

There is a great cartoon version of Pilgrim’s progress that I had on VHS and DVD years ago. You can actually find it on YouTube I believe. Even though I personally do not watch movies with actors playing our Lord, I have to say Jesus of Nazareth is amazing. 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,296
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 9/15/2019 at 9:40 AM, Neighbor said:

Hi, I am looking for some bible "stories" on DVD. There are many labeled Kids Stories. But  I am seeking adult level presentations of Bible based history.

Do you know of any DVD collections, or the name of producers of movies geared for adult consumption that  tells of Kings as example, or  Acts, or  the Book of Hebrews,  or any Bible based presentation?

I need my mind to be stimulated, jump started,  so that I can do a fuller search for myself, thanks.

Hi, although Tubi TV (app or website) is a secular site, they have a gigantic faith category.    All of the movies are free and the app works well.

Tubi TV has many Biblical documentaries as well as regular Biblical movies.   You can browse the faith category or else type in a key word and alot of documentaries or movies will come up.   They have all sorts of Biblical documentaries, including archeology.

If you have a new TV, you can cast the movies on to your TV.   I just watch on my tablet.

I told a couple of other people here about Tubi TV and they like it alot.

• Thanks 1

I should add that I will not have very often any access to cable tv nor internet. That is why I am looking for dvd or even older VHS visual presentations to play. Mostly though I am reading print on paper, and that is a very good medium too.

I am in the city right now. so here I am, binging  I guess.

33 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I should add that I will not have very often any access to cable tv nor internet. That is why I am looking for dvd or even older VHS visual presentations to play. Mostly though I am reading print on paper, and that is a very good medium too.

I am in the city right now. so here I am, binging  I guess.

Oh, you don't have internet in your new home?

16 minutes ago, Debp said:

Oh, you don't have internet in your new home?

No, nor tv or cable tv, most of the time no cell phone, nothing but us, some neighbors and few of them, (most are leaving already for the deeper South) and the birds the bears and the chipmunks. When we do bump into humans  twenty miles into town, they say, "Have a blessed day", and mean it.

Gee I love it. God is so good, so good to us. Plus He has already led us to a new home church body. I now have three that I can call home and truly be at home anytime with the individual saints in Christ Jesus, the church.

I hadn't been around  the city for a while and went to a life celebration of a friend. I was dumbfounded how many saints in Christ came up to me to get caught up with me and allowed me to learn of their present doings situations and prayer and praises.

Though we had all lost a close friend we all had opportunity to be close all in the name of our Lord and savior. Such a sweet time in a time of sweet times even in the sorrows. I find myself in awe, awe of the grace and mercy of God to us.

Sorry I digress, but it has been such a grand time. it makes me want to gain ground  in the race, learn more deeply what I  do know, and discover so much more that I am not yet aware of that is of God and is  for me, to my benefit in worship of Him.

• Loved it! 1

11 hours ago, Neighbor said:

No, nor tv or cable tv, most of the time no cell phone, nothing but us, some neighbors and few of them, (most are leaving already for the deeper South) 

But you have a landline phone?  For emergencies?   

Funny how you move up to there, and others are moving farther South!   To and fro...

29 minutes ago, Debp said:

But you have a landline phone?  For emergencies?   

Funny how you move up to there, and others are moving farther South!   To and fro...

No Landline. It is very safe, though somewhat remote perhaps  by city standards. Not a problem at all.