Nadjeschda

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I see that some people here still think that there is no free will because this will destroy gods power over our destiny somehow.

This is to extreme and against the idea of final judgment.What they forget is that you can have completely free will only if you have complete knowledge too (knowledge is power) including complete knowledge over good and evil ...

Since we don’t have that god can direct our destiny in a general direction without us noticing. 

So I would say yes we have free will but in a form limited by limited knowledge. Some things that we thought we did out of free will are in reality gods work (using our omni-stupidity to make us work for his greater plan if we want it or not). When we are judged god will know what comes from him and what is our genuine contribution.

I can only hope that most of the good things I did genuinely come from me ...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

Yahweh created us in His Image. We are IMAGERS of Him and free will is a part of this. Self determinism is a gift. God is an untamed Being. He likes it that way. There is chaos in the world, so Yeshua tells the sea to be calm, and it obeys.

There is nothing that we can ever do that surprises the Lord. Yet he loves our trials and tribulations where He can be a still small voice, or a thundering mighty tower of strength. It is who HE IS. HE IS GOOD.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Yahweh created us in His Image. We are IMAGERS of Him and free will is a part of this. Self determinism is a gift. God is an untamed Being. He likes it that way. There is chaos in the world, so Yeshua tells the sea to be calm, and it obeys.

There is nothing that we can ever do that surprises the Lord. Yet he loves our trials and tribulations where He can be a still small voice, or a thundering mighty tower of strength. It is who HE IS. HE IS GOOD.

Several times, God Himself said of certain events that they did not come into His mind (Jer. 19:5; 32:35; 44:21).

God said that He did not know beforehand that men would become so wicked (Gen. 6:5-7); that man would plan Babel (Gen. 11:5-7); that Sodom would be so wicked (Gen. 18:21, 26, 28-32); that Abraham would actually proceed to offer up Isaac (Gen. 22:12). God did not know whether it would take one or two or three signes to make Israel believe in Him (Ex. 4:1-12), or whether testing Israel would cause them to obey Him or not (Dt. 8:2, 16).

God did not know that Israel would backslide as far as she did (Dt. 32:19-29; Isa. 59:15-19).

God says He searches to find men whom He can bless (2 Chr. 16:9). He DISCOVERS DEEP THINGS (Job 12:22); tries the hearts and reigns of men so that HE MAY KNOW THEM (Ps. 7:9; 44:21; 139:1-6, 23-24; Jer. 17:10; 1 Chron. 28:9; Rom. 8:27; 1 Cor. 2;10; Rev. 2:23).

It is His plan for mankind that is known from beginning to the end, not the individual conformity to it by free moral agents. It is left up to each person to choose his own destiny. God wills all men to be saved but if man does not choose to be saved that is his responsibility (1 Tim. 2:4; 2 Pet. 3:9; John 3:16; Rev. 22;17).

• Thumbs Up 2

Hazard: please quote the verses above from the ESV or the EXB, so everyone can read them. Thanks :)

That will help all who read.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Hazard: please quote the verses above from the ESV or the EXB, so everyone can read them. Thanks :)

Other versions of passages are hazardous? That sounds rather discouraging. I'd like to think most are capable of understanding them. Perhaps that's expecting a lot, but it never actually crossed my mind until now. 

Edited by BeauJangles

5 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Hazard is the name of the posters Justin is quoting ❤️

Okay, now I'm a little confused, but perhaps being sleep-deprived adds to that. :huh:

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, maryjayne said:

So am I now. ?

Is it true that two heads are better than one? :rolleyes:

...well if they both fell in the ditch... then i'll jump in and make it three...:th_frusty:

..what ME? Mad??? 

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  337
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/16/2019 at 10:38 AM, Justin Adams said:

Huh?

I'm pretty new here.

I never heard of reading from specific bible translations in order to participate in a discussion.

All who read have their own versions...I have many..they all say the same except for a few words which make no difference.

Not wishing to derail...

Sorry,.

1 minute ago, Fran C said:

Huh?

I'm pretty new here.

I never heard of reading from specific bible translations in order to participate in a discussion.

All who read have their own versions...I have many..they all say the same except for a few words which make no difference.

Not wishing to derail...

Sorry,.

It is 'sons of God' and not sons of Seth or Israel. Translations utilizing Qumran are more accurate.