• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

12 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

That’s okay. It’s good to be exact. I just believe that  anyone who is sinning  has been deceived, so I just lumped them in together with being deceived.

He had to have been led to believe he would not suffer grave consequences even though he had been warned that he would; therefore he was deceived. 

Sorry but that is at odds with what the bible states.

1 timothy 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Large corporations are maintained by the choices of individuals, on a daily basis.

So it is personal.

It is true that the corporate church structure couldn't exist without the support of individuals and individual churches but for sake of discussing it as a separate issue, it has nothing to do with changes in any individual's giving habits as even if everyone doubled their giving tomorrow the corporate structure would still be there to get an even greater piece. I think we should take it personal but it's not about anyone's personal giving (that's between them and God and Christ laid out plainly what and how we should give) but about where the money goes once it is given.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

Sorry but that is at odds with what the bible states.

1 timothy 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Yes it is at odds with that one verse(maybe there are others).

I don’t  think Adam believed he   was going to suffer for eating a piece of fruit. Why then would he have eaten it? 

de·ceive

fail to admit to oneself that something is true.

I’m confused by many verses in the chapter you quoted:

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Edited by ReneeIW