• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hi!

Are Christians allowed to buy items from factory whose owners are muslims? In my opinion some of the profit might go from the hands of the owners to support the islam either in form of donations or in any other way. And as I have understood Christians should not finance other religions.

But from the other hand the Bible doesn't seem to explicitly warn against buying from other religions. Specially if items themselves are not related to any religion. For example, fans, lights, etc...

What's your opinion and what bible verse(s) is it based on?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

It is just my personal thinking from spending a lot of time researching Islam that I personally do not buy from places that I know are owned by people who follow Mohammad.   Part of profits are mandated to go to jihad and to organizations that promote Islam as the only form of government...    and the food they create is dedicated to Allah.    Can be thought of as sacrificed to idols.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

A person should be judged on character, rather than anything else. Might not be on the same page, but that doesn't mean all of them are out for blood. If there is no evidence to be found of anything violent or unseemly, I don't see what the big deal would be. If there is proof of it though, yeah, I don't think I'd fund that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

If I know they are Muslim I stay far away. They will chop your head off!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Kristin said:

If I know they are Muslim I stay far away. They will chop your head off!

Really?  I've known several families who were nothing but polite and kind and courteous to me.  

Sure, there are some heads being removed in the Middle East.  But the Muslims here in the states that I know personally and come in contact with personally are good people.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

18 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

Are Christians allowed to buy items from factory whose owners are muslims? In my opinion some of the profit might go from the hands of the owners to support the islam either in form of donations or in any other way. And as I have understood Christians should not finance other religions.

But from the other hand the Bible doesn't seem to explicitly warn against buying from other religions. Specially if items themselves are not related to any religion. For example, fans, lights, etc...

I don't see why we can't buy from Muslims. I think the Lord wants Muslims and Christians to get along.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

19 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

There are still Christians living (and suffering) in areas that over 90% muslim. They must transact business with muslims for necessities.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

20 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

Why pick on muslims, what about a secular government, should you have dealings with that, or pagan/new age people.

There are No biblical texts that tell Christians to live in an unholy huddle keeping themselves separet from the world. In fact Maat 28:16-20 Commands us to Go into All the World.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Commenting from the point of view of a catholic, there exists no prohibition to my knowledge against purchasing goods/services from a Muslim individual.  Perhaps surprisingly, the official position of the church recognizes the commonality with the Mohammedans in that they recognize Abraham.  In general, Catholicism (meaning universal) seeks to reach out to all people worldwide as commanded by Jesus Christ.  Of course, exercise of prudence is always advised.  If an individual or a business is known to have ties to extremist organizations, then the potential for funneling of money to these nefarious ends must be taken into consideration and all due diligence must be exercised.  A little common sense should go a long way in these matters.    

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

I personally wont buy meat from a muslim (halal meat). I have bought other things from muslims but may rethink that now if they are using profits for islam.