• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

A great deal of convenience markets in California are either owned and/or operated by a Muslim majority. I'll admit to stopping in a few knowingly purchasing small items that were essential at the time. Some are friendly, some look at you with hatred. Sorry, but it's true.

For some reason, I find getting along with Hindu men and women much more relaxing and a lot less tense. They seem to have more appreciation for your patronage and are openly friendly. My pain management physician is from India, and brilliant. We get along just fine.

Many from India are highly educated, and extremely brilliant. They can be really great to converse with. I'm sure the same can be said of the Muslim community. Islams seem geared more towards being merchants. The do offer a valuable work. We need to realize it. Neither are going away soon. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

We mainly have Muslims from Bangladesh here, and they seem nice and usually friendly.   I have a few friends of Bangladesh origin, they actually prefer the company of Christians.   Of course, my friends are not following Islam strictly so I hope/pray they will come to know Jesus.   They don't even eat Halal meat, and they don't cover their heads.   They are family oriented and have been very kind to my elderly mom and myself.

I also met a husband and wife from Libya who lived in my building.   They were also very nice.   The husband was a social worker for children.

It seems to me that perhaps the Middle Eastern Muslims keep more to themselves and are more strict about Islam.   Does anyone else find this to be true?

As long as a person doesn't seem like a dangerous person, I don't see any reason to avoid them.   Love your neighbor as yourself.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus gave each of us a calling to go and preach the Gospel to every tongue, tribe and nation. Thousands of Muslims are being saved every year. How would this happen if we avoided them? Even if we were persecuted for doing that, Jesus told us we should expect to be:

"Remember the words I spoke to you. No servant is greater than his master. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also." Did Jesus not eat at the homes of sinners? Did he not befriend them, and love them, and tell them about God's kindness? Many are called, and sent to go to places that mete out terrible tortures---and they are willing to go. Some of them are in prisons receiving those tortures for the sake of the Gospel. 

God loves Muslims. He died for them too. Pray for them. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

46 minutes ago, Debp said:

It seems to me that perhaps the Middle Eastern Muslims keep more to themselves and are more strict about Islam.   Does anyone else find this to be true?

As long as a person doesn't seem like a dangerous person, I don't see any reason to avoid them.   Love your neighbor as yourself.

I'm not really quite sure about Islamics keeping to themselves in every case. I'm sure they are more comfortable being among themselves. More of the women who are entering in the nursing field here do wear the head covering called the hajib. They seem very quiet, subdued and a number of them are American. Muslim men come here to marry them, and they convert. We shouldn't snub people for making these choices, and you're right about showing love and acceptance for all. They can't exactly be avoidable in every situation. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

We can buy from Muslims. God allowed the Corinth Christians to eat meat sacrificed to idols. We know there is only one God. 

• Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

4 hours ago, saved34 said:

We can buy from Muslims. God allowed the Corinth Christians to eat meat sacrificed to idols. We know there is only one God. 

Not quite. God allowed corinth to not worry about eating meat sacrificed to idols, unless they knew it was. 

1 cor 10

25 Eat whatever is sold in the meat market, asking no question for conscience' sake;
26 "for the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness of it."
27 If any of those who do not believe invite you to a feast , and if you are disposed to go, eat whatever is set before you, asking no questions for conscience' sake.
28 But if anyone says to you, This is slain in sacrifice to idols, do not eat for the sake of him who showed it , and for conscience' sake; "for the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness of it";
29 conscience, I say, not your own, but the other's. For why is my liberty judged by another's conscience?30 For if I by grace am a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks?
31 Therefore whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
32 Give no offense, either to the Jews, or to the Greeks or to the church of God;

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

8 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I'm not really quite sure about Islamics keeping to themselves in every case.

I meant from what I've observed, it seems the Middle Eastern Muslims keep more to themselves.   Whereas the Asian Muslims seem more friendly.

47 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Not quite. God allowed corinth to not worry about eating meat sacrificed to idols, unless they knew it was. 

1 cor 10

25 Eat whatever is sold in the meat market, asking no question for conscience' sake;
26 "for the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness of it."
27 If any of those who do not believe invite you to a feast , and if you are disposed to go, eat whatever is set before you, asking no questions for conscience' sake.
28 But if anyone says to you, This is slain in sacrifice to idols, do not eat for the sake of him who showed it , and for conscience' sake; "for the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness of it";
29 conscience, I say, not your own, but the other's. For why is my liberty judged by another's conscience?30 For if I by grace am a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks?
31 Therefore whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
32 Give no offense, either to the Jews, or to the Greeks or to the church of God;

The conscious was that of the other party, not the believer. It was perfectly allowable for the saints to buy sacrificed meat knowing full well it was sacrificed.

1Co 8:5  For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords"),

1Co 8:6  yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

1Co 8:7  But not everyone possesses this knowledge. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat sacrificial food they think of it as having been sacrificed to a god, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled.

He is referring to hurting the conscious of someone who may really believe there are other gods. Then it would become a sin for a saint to participate in eating those meats as he or she would be hurting the conscious of the one watching. vs 29 that you posted also says it.

We are free to purchase from any religious group, but we must be aware of how we are perceived by  a weak brother or sister, or a worldly man or woman. That is the only restriction.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

I  personally try to be aware of where the wealth God gives me to live on goes.  I  always prefer to spend it with people who are Christian, where it will benefit the Kingdom.

I am not aware of ANY indication in Scripture  that makes it wrong to  patronize a business owned by someone adhering to another religion.  IMO common sense would dictate  at least some awareness and discretion, but I'm not going to poll every business owner and try to discover what religion they follow.

For that matter, what about Amazon?  Bezos is a pretty amoral man in his personal life  and distributes  his  wealth to projects that are  as hateful to God as the  most rabid Islamic terrorist organization.  I actually did decide to boycott Target...for  the rest  of my life after their transgender bathroom policy  was made public.  In fact my list of boycotted businesses is quite long :)   And not one of them is  owned by  a Muslim that I know of :)

But that's what MY conscience led ME to do.  I would encourage others to do the  same, but don't see I have any right  to demand it of them.....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Just thinking about this subject some more, I find nothing at all wrong with a believer dedicating the time and resources to avoiding spending at worldly businesses. If you have the time to do the research I say go for it. I think many of us would be happy if someone compiled a list of Christian owned businesses. I think God has let us off the hook for such a hardcore task, but I would be grateful for such a list in my own shopping and spending.

1Co 5:9  I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people—

1Co 5:10  not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world.