Advice?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I posted this as a prayer request as well, but I could use advice, too. Or someone to talk to. I've had a run of bad luck lately and it just seems to keep piling on. I can't get out of this rut. Normally, things are fine. Breaking even on everything, even with visits to the hospital. Lately, that's not the case. I've been searching for a job, whether online or locally, for months now and had no luck. This has caused me to fall behind on bills. It wasn't a huge issue at first, I'm able to be a month behind on a few bills and just pay my balance forward. easy enough. But with late fees piling up, I can no longer afford to do even that. Most of my bills are due Friday. If I don't get the electric/utility bill paid, or at least the late fees and balance forward, my power will be shut off. With no job and not enough income from my little ones child support to even cover all my normal bills, power cut off means getting evicted from our apartment, because I can't afford to pay the bill AND have it turned back on. Can't afford either at this point, really. I'm also behind on my phone/internet bill. Because there are only plans that allow bundling, I can't ditch one and just HAVE one. It has to be a more expensive bundle or I have no phone at all. I CAN'T fall behind on this one because it IS instantly cut off. Thankfully I was able to get a weeks extension, but after paying what I COULD on my electric bill, though it wasn't enough, I have no way to pay the phone bill. Even beyond all that mess, I'm unable to even get basic necessities. Hygiene items (TP, pads, trash bags), food, all a big nope. I've looked into SOME suggestions from others, churches and food banks, and had no luck. The church nearest to us that we could walk to, which is also the food bank/pantry, hasn't been able to help ANYONE for a while now, due to no donations coming in and people who don't NEED help taking advantage of what was there before. If you drive a jacked up, chromed up truck and have gold chains around your neck, you don't need to be at a Food Bank, just my opinion on that. Food wise, SNAP benefits for my little guy don't come in until the 17th, so that doesn't really help us right now. As far as family goes, we aren't in contact after a fallout a little over 2 years ago, so I can't ask them for help. Friends, the few I have, haven't been able to help either. It's starting to feel like no matter what I do, I CAN'T get out of this. I've been doing my best, but I feel like a bad parent, not being able to provide for my child. I know that rough patches in life are unavoidable, but that doesn't change how I feel. I appreciate any and all prayers, or even advice/kind words. Everything is very much appreciated.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

In getting a job, it never hurts to call and show interest after turning in your application. Also, as far as interviews go, they like it if you ask about safety measures/equipment (though I suppose that's if the job uses such things). 

You might consider filing for unemployment, or even making a GoFundMe. Could also whip out the ol' teenage moneymaking tactics; going door to door offering to mow lawns, trim trees, clean, etc.

Food, this site might help:

https://www.savethestudent.org/save-money/food-drink/how-to-get-free-food-as-a-student.html

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,397
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I'm sorry to hear all of this. Having been on the verge of homelessness before and doing my best to keep it from happening I can relate. The more you sink into the hole the harder it is to get out of it. What I took from my own experience is that you have to keep trying to the best of your ability but keep God close in your heart. When the storm clears you'll have a clearer picture of God. I can say 100% that I'm in a better place now because of God and I can clearly attribute the improvement to Him. The events that got me out of where I was are too absurd to dismiss as coincidence. Other than that I have to echo what's been said here already.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, SassySkittles2 said:

I posted this as a prayer request as well, but I could use advice, too. Or someone to talk to. I've had a run of bad luck lately and it just seems to keep piling on. I can't get out of this rut. Normally, things are fine. Breaking even on everything, even with visits to the hospital. Lately, that's not the case. I've been searching for a job, whether online or locally, for months now and had no luck. This has caused me to fall behind on bills. It wasn't a huge issue at first, I'm able to be a month behind on a few bills and just pay my balance forward. easy enough. But with late fees piling up, I can no longer afford to do even that. Most of my bills are due Friday. If I don't get the electric/utility bill paid, or at least the late fees and balance forward, my power will be shut off. With no job and not enough income from my little ones child support to even cover all my normal bills, power cut off means getting evicted from our apartment, because I can't afford to pay the bill AND have it turned back on. Can't afford either at this point, really. I'm also behind on my phone/internet bill. Because there are only plans that allow bundling, I can't ditch one and just HAVE one. It has to be a more expensive bundle or I have no phone at all. I CAN'T fall behind on this one because it IS instantly cut off. Thankfully I was able to get a weeks extension, but after paying what I COULD on my electric bill, though it wasn't enough, I have no way to pay the phone bill. Even beyond all that mess, I'm unable to even get basic necessities. Hygiene items (TP, pads, trash bags), food, all a big nope. I've looked into SOME suggestions from others, churches and food banks, and had no luck. The church nearest to us that we could walk to, which is also the food bank/pantry, hasn't been able to help ANYONE for a while now, due to no donations coming in and people who don't NEED help taking advantage of what was there before. If you drive a jacked up, chromed up truck and have gold chains around your neck, you don't need to be at a Food Bank, just my opinion on that. Food wise, SNAP benefits for my little guy don't come in until the 17th, so that doesn't really help us right now. As far as family goes, we aren't in contact after a fallout a little over 2 years ago, so I can't ask them for help. Friends, the few I have, haven't been able to help either. It's starting to feel like no matter what I do, I CAN'T get out of this. I've been doing my best, but I feel like a bad parent, not being able to provide for my child. I know that rough patches in life are unavoidable, but that doesn't change how I feel. I appreciate any and all prayers, or even advice/kind words. Everything is very much appreciated.

I did not see that you have given all of this to God. Have I failed to see this in your post?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,271
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

12 hours ago, Repose said:

or even making a GoFundMe.

I've heard of people doing the GoFundMe.   Usually here it is for hospital bills or funerals.   But I guess there are all sorts of requests for help.

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 9/15/2019 at 9:58 PM, SassySkittles2 said:

As far as family goes, we aren't in contact after a fallout a little over 2 years ago, so I can't ask them for help. Friends, the few I have, haven't been able to help either. It's starting to feel like no matter what I do, I CAN'T get out of this.

Work on your failed relationship as you address this issue, support is good in any situation and you need your family the most in this life.