• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,083
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, Footprint said:

I once found myself in a conversation about a good BBQ (I prefer hamburgers BTW), this person said he was going to BBQ but first he needed to get a tank of propane. OK, I said, that's not really a BBQ, and he said that it was because it is only the heat that matters. Nope, I replied, it is the smokiness of the coals and wood that makes a good BBQ, - otherwise you are basically dragging your electric stove out from the kitchen to the backyard on a long cord. He scratched his head for a moment as the light began to go on.

Love you all,
God bless!

P.S. It's good to enjoy the simple things now, before the Antichrist takes the stage.

I used to have a propane grill that was as good.   it used propane for heat but above the fires was a layer of lava rocks....    got the smoke and we also put a little wood for lots of smoke....  Pull the cover down and smoke it for hours on very low heat...  Must have been really good for a couple of guys cut two chains off of it and pushed it down the road.   Never had the heart to replace it...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, saved34 said:

I gotta give it to Burger King, that Impossible Whopper tastes like real beef. They claim it is 0% beef. Kind of crazy. I could go meatless if every veggie burger tasted like that. Lol

Morningstar Farms also makes a veggie burger like the burger king veggie burger.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

On 9/16/2019 at 6:51 AM, BeauJangles said:

There was a post not too long ago on how one enjoyed their hamburgers, and what sort of toppings were preferred. It was pretty interesting to see how each person 'relished' them. Then sides came up like fries and so on. It made me hungry! Anyway, given the choice I'll go with burgers. Always. Hotdogs are much easier of course to make at home or elsewhere for that matter. Both are good though. 

@BeauJangles Yep. I remember that thread and participated in it. It made me downright hungry, too. I agree that it was fun to read how everyone 'relished' (cute joke :D)their hamburgers. In fact, relish goes quite good on dogs. Something I used to enjoy a lot when I was younger was Coney Dogs. Anyone like those? I don't know who makes good ones these days.

You gotta admit it's cool that they've

been having a discussion about us. 

1706817384_hotdogorhamburgerdiscussioncartoonkindacooltheyrehavingadiscussionaboutus.jpg.c65039aada84a57f9a34d81610e6a04f.jpg

@Wayne222Thanks, buddy.

Edited by turtletwo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2019 at 10:15 PM, Repose said:

Depends on if the hotdog is grilled or not. If it isn't, I'd do 2 burgs. If it is, 1 dog, 1 burg.

Though it's a moot point cause I'd be more likely to go for the beans and the beans alone. Good fiber and protein, and I can destroy what barely passes as a social life with my flatulence. 

Oh dear! Lol!

40 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

@BeauJangles Yep. I remember that thread and participated in it. It made me downright hungry, too. I agree that it was fun to read how everyone 'relished' (cute joke :D)their hamburgers. In fact, relish goes quite good on dogs. Something I used to enjoy a lot when I was younger was Coney Dogs. Anyone like those? I don't know who makes good ones these days.

You gotta admit it's cool that they've

been having a discussion about us. 

1706817384_hotdogorhamburgerdiscussioncartoonkindacooltheyrehavingadiscussionaboutus.jpg.c65039aada84a57f9a34d81610e6a04f.jpg

@Wayne222Thanks, buddy.

Awww!!! This is soooo stinkin cute!

• Loved it! 1

Fried hot dogs cut up and cooked with scrambled eggs. Also, fried bologna and scrambled eggs.

On 9/15/2019 at 10:15 PM, Repose said:

Depends on if the hotdog is grilled or not. If it isn't, I'd do 2 burgs. If it is, 1 dog, 1 burg.

Though it's a moot point cause I'd be more likely to go for the beans and the beans alone. Good fiber and protein, and I can destroy what barely passes as a social life with my flatulence. 

Oh dear! Lol!

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, JoniSteele said:

Fried hot dogs cut up and cooked with scrambled eggs. Also, fried bologna and scrambled eggs.

That sounds yummy. But I admit I am not much of a cook :b: so this probably sounds like a silly question. How do you go about it? Do you scramble the eggs in one pan and fry the dogs or bologna in separate pans? Then mix them all together in the end? I'd like to try it sometime. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

That sounds yummy. But I admit I am not much of a cook :b: so this probably sounds like a silly question. How do you go about it? Do you scramble the eggs in one pan and fry the dogs or bologna in separate pans? Then mix them all together in the end? I'd like to try it sometime. Thanks.

Cook the cut up bologna or hot dogs in butter first. Get a good brown color on them. Dump in your scrambled egg mixture and finish by cooking them the rest of the way together.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

1 minute ago, JoniSteele said:

Cook the cut up bologna or hot dogs in butter first. Get a good brown color on them. Dump in your scrambled egg mixture and finish by cooking them the rest of the way together.

:)Thanks!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.56
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

A fried bologna toasted cheese combo is good as well.

If ya wanna go crazy--add a thin slice of fresh tomato.

First fry the bologna to a nice crispy state...a wee bit of black around the edges is acceptable.

:-)

Oh--secret ingredient when making toasted cheese sammich is some sweet basil sprinkled in the butter or on the bread.

You are welcome.

• Loved it! 1