• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, lftc said:

Thanks very much.  I already had read some from this collection of Roman Law from the 6th century.  As experts have observed, it is not known precisely how much law from the 1st century survived intact until the 6th century, especially as the intervening centuries saw dramatic change in the Roman empire.

Do you know of any sources that address that issue?

I really appreciate the link to the full text online.

You hit that on the head. Even during the first century there was much flux especially during the reign of Nero and subsequently right after.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,460
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, other one said:

Interestingly in about 1891 we passed an act that set the ten square miles of the US Capitol complex aside from the rest of the country making it a city state on it's own so it could be run as a corporation.....   It has it's own constitution and the legal system is the Lex Fori system that associates English Maritime Law and our own legal system.    It takes books to understand how this all comes together and I personally have not seen a simple description of how it all works....

You raised a very interesting point! I'm not going into a lot of detail but, would you think the few things I'm going to mention of many; are coincidence or conspiracy theory?

The street layout of Washington D.C. is a nightmare and inefficient. Looking at the street layout from the air, it's a pentagram.

The capitol building is symbolic with a dome. What does the dome represent?

At the Capitol Building corner stone ceremony, whom was there and what were they wearing?

The Washington monument is a phallus, you can't get around all the 6's in it height, width and dimensions.

The cryptic symbolism of the pyramid and all seeing eye on our currency. When you count the number of things in those symbols and do some association, it's interesting.

The designers of the Capitol Building, Washington Monument, dollar bill and many other symbols were Masons. 

I'm not implying anything, other than there was careful intentional planning that went into all the above. It's all very interesting...

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,078
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Cuttingedge ministries helped produce a three part DVD that answers all those questions.....   and more.   go to youtube and search "Secret Mysteries of America's Beginnings"   the second one when I try brings up all three parts of that production.   It is quite lengthy but it is the best research of the creation of the United States of America....     it's not a pretty thing and it's 8 and a half hours long....   but it will show what was behind the creation of the US...   and it is not for the faint of heart.   I had them posted here a long time ago before we had to get everything approved....    could not ask a mod to put that much time in unless they were just curious themselves

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

14 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

You hit that on the head. Even during the first century there was much flux especially during the reign of Nero and subsequently right after.

It is very interesting.  From the start of Roman Law, with the 12 tablets, the laws appear to have been dynamic, constantly changing.  No one knows exactly what the original 12 tablets said, although there are schools of thought surmising various points of view by extrapolation. from the random legal actions that happened to be recorded in written history.  And, from what I read, it appears the original 12 were not very broad in the application of Law to daily life, but rather seem to have been focused on protecting the state and the religion.  Which were inspeparable.

By the 1st century, it seems the 12 tablets were not relevant except as a founding historical document.  Parallel to many modern states.

You stated in a previous post that there is ton's of information on the web.  I have been researching this off and on for quite some time, and it is difficult to find real information in this day and age.  I have found some, from which I posted the items in the OP.   But the explosion of the web has brought vast quantities of conjecture presented as truth.

Do you know of sources that appear to have some credibility?

Thanks

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,078
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

you might want to go to http://scribd.com and search for 12 tables.   There are many articles on the subject.   I don't really have the time to go through them.   This is a paid service but they do have a free 30 day trial....    It's easy to get hooked into the site though for it has things in it that you can't get anywhere else.....    out of print books that you can download as pdf files and information I haven't seen anywhere else.

the 12 tables has a lot of documents that people have uploaded that may be what you are looking for.

2 hours ago, lftc said:

I have been researching this off and on for quite some time, and it is difficult to find real information in this day and age. 

yeah, I said info not necessarily accurate. I agree that one must work harder to determine if the info is accurate

3 hours ago, lftc said:

Do you know of sources that appear to have some credibility?

Sorry, I don't have any in particular but over the years I have found good info from places like the Cambridge University library but I believe that like most higher learning institutions these days they now allow access to online resources and databases to students and faculty. They may as some do offer a paid subscription for a certain period or amount of searches. I'm told this is due to the fact that the people like WordPress, et. al. are attempting to compile outside databases that link to these institutions and the Universities now get a license for only a certain number of hits themselves  and for economic reasons only get enough to allow the students and faculty. You might try WordPress or Novelist (there's one other competitor whose name escapes me) but from my experience as of now searching isn't easy as you must have EXACT search terms or it will give you either nothing or crazy results. This is the same for American institutions, even the Ivy League schools (which also have expansive databases) allow very little public web access to the Library records and databases. There are sites such as privately run Bible translation sites and Biblical history sites but as I said earlier, always vet them well because as the old saying goes "Figures never lie but beware of liars who figure". You never know who is running the sites and if they don't give good references for their conclusions I shy away. I usually find that if I want to find a specific fact I can usually search long enough to get to the bottom of it but general info is a little harder due to the fact of how search engines work and to the fact that there's so many unreliable sources on the web these days. Good luck and God Bless

@unworthyservant thanks.  God Bless

5 minutes ago, lftc said:

@unworthyservant thanks.  God Bless

BTW, please note you must have a valid library card from a participating library to even get on the search engines that I mentioned.

Just one more bump to see if anyone has other information before I let this topic fade to obscurity.