• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,074
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Worthy News Brief - September 16, 2019

Friend, let it go!

Matthew 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

My wife has had an interesting life. Here, she shares a small portion of her past:

I was born in Israel. My parents divorced when I was a toddler and my mother met and married a hippie American tourist who was searching his roots in Israel at the time. Later, we went back to the States with him. Little did we realize that he was heavily addicted to drugs and this among other things made for a very unhappy family and little on which to live.

Every once in a while my father in Israel would send money for my mother to buy an airline ticket for me to visit him and the rest of my family. One particular year when I about eleven or twelve, he gave me a nice chunk of spending money for the duration of my trip, the equivalence of two hundred and fifty dollars or so. When my time in Israel that summer was coming to an end and I realized I had hardly touched that money, I decided keep it and not tell him or anyone else. I mean, my dad had assumed I'd spent it, right? No one would have to know, "I reasoned." I'd take it back with me and have lots of money to spend when I returned to Israel the next time.

When I got back to America, I put that stash away in a little jewelry box on my dresser. No matter how poor we were, I always secretly felt rich knowing that stash was there. The next summer, my father sent for me again. Before I left, I was sure not to forget to put my saved shekels deep in my pocket, as not to lose them. I was the richest girl in the world!

But when I reached Israel this time, my father gave me money unlike the kind I had in my pocket. It looked funny -- not at all like my long-awaited spending stash. It was different in color and had a different design. "That's strange," I thought, "How could this be?"

To my great dismay, the currency had changed to the New Israeli Shekel while I was away. The money I had was absolutely worthless now. I was sick to my stomach.

What a waste! And worse, I couldn't even tell my dad.

A wise man once said, "Greed is the logical result of the belief that there is no life after death. We grab what we can while we can however we can and then hold on to it hard."

Friend, our Father has given us some spending money, hasn't He? And sadly, it is our tendency as human beings to want to keep it to ourselves. Let's not hoard what He has freely given us. Let's freely bless people around us in need, whether it is with our finances, our possessions, our time and energy or comfort. There is a lot more where those came from. And we can't take it with us anyway -- the currency is different in heaven!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: We've added a short three week tour of the United Kingdom in just a few weeks. This will be our first tour of the UK, and if you'd like us to minister at your congregation or home fellowship, be sure to let us know ASAP. This will be a very limited time, as we need to arrive in the States by the beginning of November. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.

Editor's Note: We're proud to announce that after months of development, we've finally finished the Worthy Prayer Team. If you have a prayer request, please let the Prayer Team know.

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Winter tour of the United States. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information. 

Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting our work online and in Israel! Thank you for your prayers and gifts! Together, we are making a difference for the Kingdom!
Around the World
Trump: US 'locked and loaded' against attackers of Saudi oil facility 'depending on verification'
President Trump on Sunday suggested U.S. investigators had 'reason to believe' they knew who launched crippling attacks against a key Saudi oil facility, and vowed that America was 'locked and loaded depending on verification.'
Iran: Republic ready for 'full-fledged war'
Iran denied on Sunday it was involved in Yemen rebel drone attacks the previous day targeting the world's biggest oil processing facility and an oil field in Saudi Arabia, just hours after America's top diplomat alleged that Tehran was behind the 'unprecedented attack on the world's energy supply.'
Damage from Iran-linked drone attack on Saudi oil facility captured in satellite images
Saudi oil sites attacked on Saturday -- in a drone assault linked to Iran -- were seen to have sustained damage after satellite images released Sunday captured char marks and smoke billowing from the world’s largest oil processing facility.
Violence Flares as Protesters Defy a Police Ban to March Through Hong Kong's Streets
Protesters in Hong Kong once again defied a police ban Sunday to march through the territory’s downtown districts in their push for greater political freedom, but what began as a peaceful demonstration quickly turned violent.
Egypt says no 'breakthrough' with Ethiopia over Nile dam
Egypt on Sunday said negotiations over an upstream Nile dam being built by Ethiopia have not led to any 'breakthrough.'
Turkey Says Delivery of Second S-400 Battery Complete
Turkey’s defense ministry said on Sunday that the delivery of a second battery of Russian S-400 missile defense systems has been completed as of Sunday, and added that the systems would become active in April 2020.
Yemen drones hit Saudi oil sites, including key chokepoint
Drones launched by Yemen’s Houthi rebels attacked the world’s largest oil processing facility in Saudi Arabia and another major oil field Saturday, sparking huge fires at a vulnerable chokepoint for global energy supplies.
Oil surges after attack on Saudi oil facilities shuts in 5% of global supply
Oil prices surged on Monday, with Brent crude posting its biggest intra-day percentage gain since the Gulf War in 1991, after an attack on Saudi Arabian oil facilities on Saturday shut over 5% of global supply.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
Trump says he and Netanyahu discussed possible US-Israeli defense treaty
President Trump said he spoke Saturday to Israel leader Benjamin Netanyahu about the possibility of a 'mutual defense treaty' between the two nations -- just days before Israeli voters go to the polls to decide the fate of their embattled leader.
Netanyahu approves new Jordan Valley settlement, says US peace plan imminent
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu convened his final pre-election cabinet meeting on Sunday in the Jordan Valley on Sunday, reiterating his pledge to annex the area.
Netanyahu pre-election proposal hints at one-state Trump peace plan
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s promise to annex the Jordan Valley if he is re-elected next week has angered proponents of the two-state solution.
IDF chief: Israel's enemies will face unprecedented firepower in next war
In the past few decades, Israel's enemies have changed from guerilla cells to terrorist armies, IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Aviv Kochavi said Thursday at a memorial ceremony in Zikhron Yaakov honoring fallen soldiers from the IDF's Artillery Corps.

Inside the United States
$4,155,323,000,000: Federal Spending Sets Record Through August
The federal government spent a record $4,155,323,000,000 in the first eleven months of fiscal 2019 (October through August), according to the Monthly Treasury Statement released Thursday.
CA Lawmakers Pass Bill Allowing 'Free' Chemical Abortions For College Students
California lawmakers passed a bill on Friday forcing all taxpayer-funded universities in the state to offer the 'free' chemical abortion pill to students on campus by 2023.
Humberto becomes a hurricane
The National Hurricane Center late Sunday announced that Tropical Storm Humberto gained strength while it moved away from the Bahamas and is now a hurricane.

Christian News
North Korean Propaganda Video Tells the Story of Woman’s Search for the Lord
North Korean propaganda footage released by Voice of the Martyrs (VOM) tells the story of a Christian woman who fled the regime and returned to establish an underground church.
Chinese pastors required to read Confucius along with Bible
China is implementing its 'sinicization' campaign to change Christianity into an arm of the state.

Letters to the Editor

Editor's Note
If you would like to submit a note to the editor, simply hit reply. Be sure to add your name and location!

We're looking for intercessors to pray for our ministry online and in Israel. If you're interested, please send an email to george [@] worthyministries.com.

Friend, help spread WORTHY BRIEFS, now reaching 126 countries daily! Forward this brief to a friend!

IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure delivery of your Worthy Brief please add worthynewsbrief [@] worthynetwork.com to your address book or approved senders list.

If you're having problems receiving your Worthy Brief, click here!

Follow Us on Facebook
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions
George Whitten
Lazman Hazeh Music

Support our Ministry
Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting Worthy Network with a tax-deductible gift! You can give online OR send gifts to:

Worthy Ministries
106 Sheffield Place
Franklin, TN 37067-4437

Please include your email address in the memo section of your check or money order so we can keep in touch a bit easier than sending mail overseas.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>

unsubscribe from this list | Update Subscription Preferences

Worthy News · 106 Sheffield Place · Franklin, TN 37067-4437 · USA