IGNORED

Does Everyone Here Take The Adam And Eve Story Literally?

ReneeIW

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

I take it quite literally. Adam is listed in the genealogy of Jesus Christ in Luke 3. Kind of doesn't make sense that a poetic narrative could be listed as a physical antecedent of Jesus the Messiah, God among us. I could list all the times that Adam (and Eve for that matter) are mentioned as being literal people throughout both the old and new testament, but I don't figure that is necessary.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

On 9/16/2019 at 12:08 PM, Sonshine said:

Perhaps I'll just bow out now. :)  

You are just a big chicken!  Lol......

• Haha 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Does Everyone Here Take The Adam And Eve Story Literally?

I'm voting yes twice because I want to, and without posting any scriptures either. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

31 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

I take it quite literally. Adam is listed in the genealogy of Jesus Christ in Luke 3. Kind of doesn't make sense that a poetic narrative could be listed as a physical antecedent of Jesus the Messiah, God among us. I could list all the times that Adam (and Eve for that matter) are mentioned as being literal people throughout both the old and new testament, but I don't figure that is necessary.

I believe it is literal also.Why would God make up a fairy tale?

Adam and Eve sure take a lot of heat for trusting Satan over God.I think that they are just stand-ins for the rest of us.....only Pride stands in the way of us admitting that we would have probably done the very same thing.....God wants worship and Glory.....this is all part of His Plan to get it .....we don’t fully understand it, but I got the Faith to believe that He knows exactly what He is doing, and we get to be unworthy participants in God’s Perfect Plan......God wants pleasure—- just like we do.....He derives His Pleasure from giving “ us” pleasure.....we are very fortunate !

• Loved it! 1

• 3 weeks later...

It is about free will. We are not robots or puppets. God made us and gave us our own minds. He gave us everything we need, placed us in paradise with no worries. Then asked only that we don't do that one thing. Don't eat of that one fruit. But we just had to do it. 

Look around. People have such a lot to be grateful for. Yet look at all the sorrows self inflicted, the pain we cause to ourselves and others. It is our fallen nature. Disobedience is inherent inside us. 

To overcome this we must turn to God. Alone we are helpless to our own nature. Jesus came to help us, show us the way. We have this wonderful opportunity to get to heaven if we believe in Him and follow Him. 

We have the choices, it is still up to us to do God's will. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

You will not find anything in scriptures that puts all the depravity of the world on Adam's shoulders. You will find that Gen 6 and Deut 32 and Psalms 82 gives us a clearer picture. No one talks of this except Hebrew theology so we miss the fact that holy ones that sinned is a really big deal. They taught mankind how to accelerate evil and caused the flood. If you think it is all just Adam's fault you miss so much.

Sure Adam gave us the inheritance of death, but the heavenly beings that fell and the ones that misled the nations are more at fault. Check out the Babel story in Deut 32 and the scattering of the nations.

Our modern theology is so distorted. hasatan is just one of many disobedient spirit beings that caused our worldly woes. Yeshua and the apostles knew this, so why are we so ill educated in scriptural matters?

The early church knew all about this and if you read the father's accounts, you will see that.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

1 minute ago, Betha said:

IF Adam and Eve were not REAL where have all the people come from ? God did /does not make each one of us a personal single physical Being....we all have HUMAN PARENTS.....starting from ADAM.

So you think the creation story with adam and eve was literal, I dont. 

And yes I agree we all have human parents. At some point along the line we interned with other types of people too. Europeans have about 2 or 3 per cent neanderthal DNA for example. There are another two or three types of human dna mixed into the pot across the globe too from historical interbreeding.

The only thing that makes us any different from any other animal is our spirit. Our flesh and bones are the same as all the other beasts. It's that spirit that is made in Gods image.

36 minutes ago, joebloggs said:

So you think the creation story with adam and eve was literal, I dont. 

It does not matter what we think we know. What God knows is the real issue...

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

1 minute ago, Justin Adams said:

It does not matter what we think we know. What God knows is the real issue...

Yeah that's what we are talking about. We are giving our thoughts and talking about what God has done and what he knows. 

That's what this forum is about mate. 

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

It is called theology... not man-ology.