Sign in to follow this  
johnthebaptist

Being Saved

44 minutes ago, Betha said:

The Bible tells us that SIN is the transgression of God's law 1Joh 3v4....so to STOP sinning would mean 'to START keeping/observing God's law/Commandments'...it's a bit more serious than telling the odd Fib or ignoring your Neighbour !  How many people take Sin against GOD that serious ?

It wouldn't seem to me that a lot of people take sin that seriously, other than when a sin is committed against them.

12 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

So then, ...why not tell us what the Holy Spirit tells us Salvation is?

I'm supposed to quote every instance in the Bible where the Lord addresses this subject? 

15 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

So then, ...why not tell us what the Holy Spirit tells us Salvation is?

2 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I'm supposed to quote every instance in the Bible where the Lord addresses this subject? 

I'm trying to make the point that we can get ourselves into a lot of trouble despite being saved. Would you disagree with that?

14 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I'm trying to make the point that we can get ourselves into a lot of trouble despite being saved. Would you disagree with that?

Define a lot of trouble.

6 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Very much so, this world is already in deep trouble because of unbelief, disobedience and all their evil doings which will have to be cleansed with fire. Lk 12v49 I am come to send fire on the earth....said Jesus, because there will be nothing GOOD left on it worth saving. What feww are being saved the Lord will have taken care of ! Our God is a consuming fire and He will not put up with continual rebellion.

42 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

You don't have to quote every instance in the Bible, ...that would take too long, ...actually, Salvation IS the subject of the Book and the Author, ...the Holy Spirit, does not contradict Himself, ...He's made it so simple that even a child can understand Salvation, ...however, ...those that have received Salvation and understand it can explain Salvation in a simple phrase, ...as many here at Worthy do all of the time, so that a child can understand, ...so, just tell us what Salvation is to you., ...it not that hard to do. 

48 minutes ago, Alive said:

Define a lot of trouble.

Extremely painful circumstances (if our sin is serious enough).

36 minutes ago, Betha said:

Very much so, this world is already in deep trouble because of unbelief, disobedience and all their evil doings which will have to be cleansed with fire. Lk 12v49 I am come to send fire on the earth....said Jesus, because there will be nothing GOOD left on it worth saving. What feww are being saved the Lord will have taken care of ! Our God is a consuming fire and He will not put up with continual rebellion.

You would disagree? I would suggest you not engage in a lot of sin, or you'll find that I am right.

16 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

You don't have to quote every instance in the Bible, ...that would take too long, ...actually, Salvation IS the subject of the Book and the Author, ...the Holy Spirit, does not contradict Himself, ...He's made it so simple that even a child can understand Salvation, ...however, ...those that have received Salvation and understand it can explain Salvation in a simple phrase, ...as many here at Worthy do all of the time, so that a child can understand, ...so, just tell us what Salvation is to you., ...it not that hard to do. 

I will say it again: Saved or not, we can get into a lot of trouble if we embrace sin. At that point, maybe salvation takes on a new meaning: Lord, get me out of this mess I've created for myself.

8 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Hi friend, if you already know why would you need someone else to explain it to you ? It would seem that the reason for your interest stems from another motive than to gain more knowledge. We are all to 'work out our own salvation that does not depend on other's opinions.....so  let it just rest there .

Sign in to follow this