• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

19 hours ago, Coliseum said:

it was incredibly radical that Jesus was there, talking with one---much less alone with her during that time---and especially with a woman who was with so many men? Many found him to be not merely a little odd and unconventional, but extremely so, and I do not mind being associated with the One who is.

But obviously few if any are associating  the presentations being made (with that of) our Lord and savior Jesus. Perhaps a reassessment  of approach is in order?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

@Coliseum you may have aliened the primary group of Like granters.  You will never make it on the leaderboard now. 

I think I see where you are going:  as we (humans) gain knowledge, especially knowledge that causes a significant change in thinking, it often follows the emotional path indicated in your OP.  @unworthyservant added fear into the list, and that seems true to me as well.

We all have experienced this on our path into Christianity.  

As we present topics on this forum that challenge people's thinking, they will go through some emotional path as they consider the proposal.  In fact, that is exactly why we see so much attack instead of discussion.

By thinking about how we think, we can grow a little more comfortable with discussing the extremely important things of God.  If we are able to discuss instead of react we may be helping other people arrive at an understanding.  People will learn more from a thoughtful discussion than from a flat dismissal.

That is what I got from your topic.

Is that somewhat close to what you intended to present?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

8 minutes ago, lftc said:

@Coliseum you may have aliened the primary group of Like granters.  You will never make it on the leaderboard now. 

Is this important? 

If that is why people post, that is pretty sad. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

This is a bit cheeky but I can't resist:

There are two kinds of people:  Those who divide people into groups...and those who don't.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

I'd like to comment on knowledge. 

We reached our saturation point some time back. That is why 'bots run our financial institutions, our security services and just about everything in our lives.

To see if this is correct, remove ALL semiconductors out of your life and see what is left... 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

30 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

I'd like to comment on knowledge. 

We reached our saturation point some time back. That is why 'bots run our financial institutions, our security services and just about everything in our lives.

To see if this is correct, remove ALL semiconductors out of your life and see what is left... 

we truly are in an age where "information handling" alone is requiring the development of AI ....  and few know it, but AI is already involved in producing new knowledge...not just storage, handling and manipulation of information.  

Many of the great scientific advances of the  past involved new combinations of  two different  streams of scientific inquiry.  The "blend" becomes a source  of new knowledge  and AI are far more capable of combining existing info into knew revelations.

Knowledge IS increasing...and exponentially so.   On many fronts.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Jostler said:

Knowledge IS increasing...and exponentially so.   On many fronts.

Agreed. However 'personal' understanding has been outstripped. Few can even boot their computers from DOS or UNIX. Few understand WHY their stocks rose. Few dare question the various FIAT currencies and how false they are. We seem to be on a roundabout and just cannot see how to get off without sever detriment.
So long as we 'buy into' the various systems and do not create a stir, we can seem to be surviving to some extent. But as far as being self-deterministic. Well we are way far from that today.

I've done the off-grid stuff. Had my own gas wells etc. But Obamacare took my livelihood away due to very high mandatory medical costs. So my economy collapsed, and Ch7 was my way out. Lost it all. Family too as I could not produce to their level of expectation.

• Loved it! 1

1 minute ago, Justin Adams said:

Agreed. However 'personal' understanding has been outstripped. Few can even boot their computers from DOS or UNIX. Few understand WHY their stocks rose. Few dare question the various FIAT currencies and how false they are. We seem to be on a roundabout and just cannot see how to get off without sever detriment.
So long as we 'buy into' the various systems and do not create a stir, we can seem to be surviving to some extent. But as far as being self-deterministic. Well we are way far from that today.

I've done the off-grid stuff. Had my own gas wells etc. But Obamacare took my livelihood away due to very high mandatory medical costs. So my economy collapsed, and Ch7 was my way out. Lost it all. Family too as I could not produce to their level of expectation.

"They" have been working this from both ends.  Both dumbing down education, reducing the very capacity of most to process information and think for themselves, while also providing electronic assistance which they can make us dependent on, and manipulate through...and eventually exercise complete control over a population helpless to free themselves, or even truly discern the problem.

all by design....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jostler said:

all by design....

Carefully crafted, but with only one aim - DESTRUCTION.

However, Yahweh is abreast of these facts and will outwit them every time. The sooner the 'church' gets in on the supernatural God they proclaim to know, the sooner they will get some real understanding of the way God is working things out. Right now, the church seems intent on 'keeping the peace' and not taking the fight to the 'gates of hell'. So the various adversaries have a nice level playing field. (So they might think).

As these various human groups mutter about climate change and 'earth first', the fallen ones are making sure the attention is not on them. But God is not mocked, because they sow discord and lies so will be hung by their own petard. They never created anything but a parody of God's Brilliance, so are doomed to fail horribly. I just cannot wait for that since I am only a pilgrim passing thru on the way to Life Eternal. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Carefully crafted, but with only one aim - DESTRUCTION.

However, Yahweh is abreast of these facts and will outwit them every time. The sooner the 'church' gets in on the supernatural God they proclaim to know, the sooner they will get some real understanding of the way God is working things out. Right now, the church seems intent on 'keeping the peace' and not taking the fight to the 'gates of hell'. So the various adversaries have a nice level playing field. (So they might think).

As these various human groups mutter about climate change and 'earth first', the fallen ones are making sure the attention is not on them. But God is not mocked, because they sow discord and lies so will be hung by their own petard. They never created anything but a parody of God's Brilliance, so are doomed to fail horribly. I just cannot wait for that since I am only a pilgrim passing thru on the way to Life Eternal. 

i hear "echos" of so many things in that post.  So many  things I believe He's been showing me...amazing.  I hardly know where to begin :)  That's the GOOD news....He wins, a harvest comes in and we get to be a part of all of it :)  I cannot think of a time it's a greater privilege to have lived in than right  now.  ever....not even when Jesus walked the earth in the flesh.  this generation will see more fulfillment of longstanding promises than any in history.  And  likely more than any in the future.  These ARE "Bible days"

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2