• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

9 minutes ago, Jostler said:

i hear "echos" of so many things in that post.  So many  things I believe He's been showing me...amazing.  I hardly know where to begin :)  That's the GOOD news....He wins, a harvest comes in and we get to be a part of all of it :)  I cannot think of a time it's a greater privilege to have lived in than right  now.  ever....not even when Jesus walked the earth in the flesh.  this generation will see more fulfillment of longstanding promises than any in history.  And  likely more than any in the future.

Agreed. We need to keep getting this word out to the various pew-dwellers that are 'sewn in their sheet'.

NERVOUS USHER
Back in the days when people paid pew rent,
A tattered old lady did the unspeakable.
She went right up front
And sat in the pew of a "church boss."
The minister motioned for the head usher,
Nodded his head and pointed to the old lady.
The red-faced usher approached her and said,
"Marden me, padame,
But you're occupewing the wrong pie.
If you will come with me to the chack of the birch,
I'll sew you to another sheet!"

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

@ayin jade

I am hoping that the more we grow comfortable with things we disagree with, and that it is ok to disagree, it will have an effect of expanding our desire to think about them. If people only conform to what they feel comfortable with, they cannot learn anything new. How often Jesus threw something never-before-heard into the works, and many in the beginning could not deal with it because it required a new way of thinking. 

You are right to say that I am not here for "points," and I am believing Lftc was not really advocating that. There is a side to everyone however that hopes for points. We want praise; we want a standing ovation after a great performance. Inside our hearts we really want this, and the flesh becomes deflated when it does not receive it. The problem is that this kind of acclaim does not work. The singer on stage who receives a thunderous applause on Wednesday says to himself on Friday, "Now what? What will they expect from me tomorrow"? "I have to do better!" More applause! Yet, God desires to give us His applause if we would open our hearts to receive it. "Being content whether well fed or hungry" is available only when Christ satisfies us.

Thank you for your comment. :)

Edited by Coliseum

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

7 hours ago, ayin jade said:

@Coliseum you may have aliened the primary group of Like granters.  You will never make it on the leaderboard now. 

Is this important? 

If that is why people post, that is pretty sad. 

Sarcasm.

They say revenge is a dish best served cold.
Sarcasm is a dish best served with capers.

(the above is a joke, if it doesn't make sense, that is ok, it depends on common culture)

@ayin jade I personally do not find value in accumulating community points, especially as the primary method for getting them is not of interest to me.  I have generally stopped using them.
But there are some on this forum who watch such things closely.  I am a person that is very concerned about what God says about how I am to think about other people, so I will not condemn them, I will not even speak against the Like Points (except maybe a little sarcasm for fun).  In Fact, I think it is my personal responsibility to spend a little of my diminishing brain power to try to understand them.  And I do.  I see valid and reasonable reasons for some people to be concerned about the Likes.  This forum provides opportunties for people to do "cyber fellowship" with each other, and there is a good side to that.

Edited by lftc

6 hours ago, D-Dawn said:

This is a bit cheeky but I can't resist:

There are two kinds of people:  Those who divide people into groups...and those who don't.

Good point D-Dawn.  Your cheekyness is accurate.

Reminds me of another aphorism:

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:  those who understand binary and those who don't.

(since my attempts at humor are not recognizable, I feel compelled to explain: that is not a pointed joke: no disrespect, circumlocution or obfuscation is intended at the cost to the reader)

-----------

Seriously,  I think you are expressing that we need to treat people as individuals.  I agree.  And fortunately Jesus does too.  He loves us as a group, but more importantly he Knows and Loves D-Dawn.

2 hours ago, nzkev said:

As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.

Excellent and timely reminder.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, lftc said:

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:  those who understand binary and those who don't.

Haha, the quote of the day!

@Justin Adams and @Jostler posted some excellent thoughts.

And I thoroughly enjoyed the punny farable about the chosen few.

But since I "Hijacked" @Coliseum's topic, allow me to bring the focus back.  I think he was presenting a topic to give the interested reader a moment to pause and think about why some reactions come from within.  When John the Baptist (in the bible, not the person with that screen name) started baptising in the desert, it was a tremendous affront to the people zealous for serving God.  Why would he take the important act of ritual cleansing and do something not understandable with it?

Years ago, I learned to recognize that feeling inside myself.  I discovered that if I explored the things that irritated me, I found more ability to know, really know, the Living God.

I think that is what Coliseum was presenting.  But he can comment to correct me.

Edited by lftc
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

On 9/16/2019 at 7:51 PM, Coliseum said:

In the history of the ascent of human knowledge there has always been four
stages in the assimilation of paradigm changing events.  The first is always
hysterical and derisive laughter.  The second is vituperative condemnation
and absurd fault finding.  The third is quiet acceptance.  And the fourth is
always effusive accolades of genius attributed to the discoverers.  That's
the nature of the world.  That's human nature.

I chuckled a bit when I read this.   A fair generalization of some people's reactions to paradigm shifts.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

So my economy collapsed, and Ch7 was my way out. Lost it all. Family too as I could not produce to their level of expectation.

There is an intensely painful story behind those words.  What can I say?  Wish you had not gone through that.  Hope you are doing better now.  To a person in the midst of difficulty, such phrases do not hold much depth.  The intent is nice.  But I am just a person, and it is God Most High that is the only one who can reach into the soul.  I hope that He visits you like he did Abraham, when he supped with him.  He says he wants to in Revelation ("I stand at the door and knock...").  That would be the best thing for me, so I wish it for both of us.

If the current events are heating to the boiling point, most on this forum will be in a place where supping with God will be their only joy.

Edited by lftc
  • Thanks 1