• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,215
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  3

Covenant emblem

Without a covenant man cannot have any permanent relationship with God. Covenant has eternal impact. It is because of the covenant that that Israel is back in the land. In ancient time, this is how they would cut a covenant  !

How a Covenant is made

They would take an animal, normally a heifer, cut in half, head to tail. You cannot have a covenant without the shedding of blood. The shedding of blood implies a life lay down. Then the two parties would walk through the middle of the sacrifice. They were saying to one another: I am laying down my life for you. You cannot be in a covenant and hold on dear to your life. Then they would eat a covenant meal together and exchange their assets. They were saying : all that I have is yours and all what is yours is mine.

Abraham was in covenant relationship with God. In Genesis 14, after his return from victory over Kedorlaomer , Melchesedek came out to meet him with bread and wine and God said to Abraham: I am the possessor of heaven and earth. All I have is yours. What can Abraham give to God! He had much livestock from the spoil of war. I’ll give you 10% of all that I have as a token of the covenant that all I have is yours.

Later on in Genesis we see Jacob also keeping the emblem of the covenant and as a result God greatly blessed him . Abraham must have passed on this knowledge to his descendants and commanded them to obey God's command.

The emblem of the new covenant

Today we have the new covenant. We take the emblem of the bread and the wine as a sign of the covenant and we give the tithes as a token of the covenant that everything we have belonged to God. . The tithes existed long before the giving of the Torah. Later on, God incorporated it in the Torah to make it easy for the people to remember it. Tithing is where we begin but this is not the ceiling. Israel was commanded to give beyond the tithes.

God does not violate covenant.

God does not violate covenant. He made the old covenant with the house of Israel. He also made the new covenant with the house of Israel.( Jeremiah 31). But in the new covenant, He is adding new dimensions to the previous old covenant he made with them. Making it a better covenant with better promises. It is the same covenant made with the same people, the house of Israel but with a whole new dimension to it.

We the gentiles have been en-grafted into the new covenant God made with Israel and be made partakers of the blessings of that Covenant. The new covenant was not made with the church but with Israel. Theirs is the glory and the covenants and the giving of the Law and the temple service and the promises

The Torah which was written by the finger of God on table of stones, the same Torah is now written by the Holy Spirit on the table of the hearts of NT believers. The only difference between Israel and the church is that Israel has both the spiritual and the physical dimension of the Torah. The physical dimension of the Torah as reflected in the various ritual . The church has the spiritual dimension of the Torah only but with only a few ritual like water baptism  and the taking of communion. 

Renewing the Covenant

Each time we take communion, we are renewing the covenant. Each time we give the tithes, we are renewing the Covenant. You cannot be in a covenant and hold dear to your life, there has to be a laying down of your life. You cannot be in a covenant and not be partaking of the emblem of the covenant . Tithing is an emblem of the covenant.

Sermon on the Mount

The Sermon on the Mount is the most comprehensive statement that Jesus ever made about what his kingdom is like. He is a king; he is bringing a kingdom here and now. These are the core values of my kingdom and this is what I am like, and this is how the citizens of my kingdom are like. They are meek and lowly, they hunger and thirst for righteousness , they are pure in heart ....

Then he tells us how to cultivate these beatitudes in the garden of your heart. GIVE PRAY FAST !

Jesus starts with giving first. I would have started with prayer, fasting then giving last. But Jesus starts first with giving, then prayer and fasting. Why!! Giving is an emblem of the covenant

Edited by Worship Warriors

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, Worship Warriors said:

The new covenant is made with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not with the church. Theirs is the glory and the covenants and the giving of the Law and the temple service and the promises. It is the same old covenant but with a new dimension to it. God does not violate covenant.

Covenant emblem

Without a covenant man cannot have any permanent relationship with God. Covenant has eternal impact. It is because of the covenant that that Israel is back in the land. In ancient time, this is how they would cut a covenant  !

How a Covenant is made

They would take an animal, normally a heifer, cut in half, head to tail. You cannot have a covenant without the shedding of blood. The shedding of blood implies a life lay down. Then the two parties would walk through the middle of the sacrifice. They were saying to one another: I am laying down my life for you. You cannot be in a covenant and hold on dear to your life. Then they would eat a covenant meal together and exchange their assets. They were saying : all that I have is yours and all what is yours is mine.

Abraham was in covenant relationship with God. In Genesis 14, after his return from victory over Kedorlaomer , Melchesedek came out to meet him with bread and wine and God said to Abraham: I am the possessor of heaven and earth. All I have is yours. What can Abraham give to God! He had much livestock from the spoil of war. I’ll give you 10% of all that I have as a token of the covenant that all I have is yours.

Later on in Genesis we see Jacob also keeping the emblem of the covenant and as a result God greatly blessed him . Abraham must have passed on this knowledge to his descendants and commanded them to obey God's command.

The emblem of the new covenant

Today we have the new covenant. We take the emblem of the bread and the wine as a sign of the covenant and we give the tithes as a token of the covenant that everything we have belonged to God. . The tithes existed long before the giving of the Torah. Later on, God incorporated it in the Torah to make it easy for the people to remember it. Tithing is where we begin but this is not the ceiling. Israel was commanded to give beyond the tithes.

God does not violate covenant.

God does not violate covenant. He made the old covenant with the house of Israel. He also made the new covenant with the house of Israel.( Jeremiah 31). But in the new covenant, He is adding new dimensions to the previous old covenant he made with them. Making it a better covenant with better promises. It is the same covenant made with the same people, the house of Israel but with a whole new dimension to it.

We the gentiles have been en-grafted into the new covenant God made with Israel and be made partakers of the blessings of that Covenant. The new covenant was not made with the church but with Israel. Theirs is the glory and the covenants and the giving of the Law and the temple service and the promises

The Torah which was written by the finger of God on table of stones, the same Torah is now written by the Holy Spirit on the table of the hearts of NT believers. The only difference between Israel and the church is that Israel has both the spiritual and the physical dimension of the Torah. The physical dimension of the Torah as reflected in the various ritual . The church has the spiritual dimension of the Torah only but with only a few ritual like water baptism  and the taking of communion. 

Renewing the Covenant

Each time we take communion, we are renewing the covenant. Each time we give the tithes, we are renewing the Covenant. You cannot be in a covenant and hold dear to your life, there has to be a laying down of your life. You cannot be in a covenant and not be partaking of the emblem of the covenant . Tithing is an emblem of the covenant.

We are under the new covenant and not under the Old Testament

Tithing was commanded as a part of the Mosaic Law.We are not under the Law.....all those under the Law  are under the Curse of the Law. There is nothing inherently wrong with Titheing.....but if you tithe because you think you “ H A V E” to tithe to be saved or do it in order to STAY saved, you have put yourself under a curse.As I heard a preacher say once - Jesus Christ is your tithe- If you are saved.He never went into detail about that, but I found it to be an interesting claim....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

ABRAM AND JACOB’S TITHES WERE FROM PAGAN SOURCES: Abram’s tithe (Gen 14:18-20) to Melchizedek and Jacob’s freewill vow (Gen 28:20-22) were from pagan sources and would not have been accepted by Moses, Malachi or Jesus as holy tithes.

DEFINING THE TITHE: True biblical holy tithes were always only food from the holy land and herds of Israelites who lived inside God’s holy land, the boundary of Israel. They were the tenth of crops after the full harvest (not the best); they were the tenth increase of clean animals (not the best) (Lev. 27:30-34).

MONEY WAS NOT TITHED: Although money in the form of gold and silver existed in the Bible and was essential for sanctuary/temple worship, money was never included in any of the 16 descriptions of the holy tithe.

TODAY’S TITHE-TEACHERS STEAL TITHES: Many gospel workers who receive “tithes” and teach that Christians must give the first ten per cent of their income are even more guilty of stealing from God. They chastise their own New Covenant Christian congregations: “If you are not paying your tithes, you are stealing from God. You are wearing stolen clothes, driving stolen cars and are living in stolen houses.”

Again the Bible says 12 times that those who received the first whole tithe were not allowed to own property. If these tithe-teachers connect post-Calvary stewardship to pre-Calvary tithing, they are guilty of stealing from God (1) by owning property, (2) by receiving other inheritances, (3) by sharing in the wealth of fellow believers (“have no part among them”), (4) by receiving more than the O.T. priests’ share of the tithe at 1% (Numb 18:20-28; Neh 10:37b-38) and (5) by equating first and tenth in order to squeeze government welfare checks from the poorest in their flock.

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

http://www.piney.com/Tithe2.html

22 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Tithing was commanded as a part of the Mosaic Law.We are not under the Law.....all those under the Law  are under the Curse of the Law. There is nothing inherently wrong with Titheing.....but if you tithe because you think you “ H A V E” to tithe to be saved or do it in order to STAY saved, you have put yourself under a curse.As I heard a preacher say once - Jesus Christ is your tithe- If you are saved.He never went into detail about that, but I found it to be an interesting claim....

The Law ( Torah) means instructions for righteousness.,teaching for walking with God. The Torah does not mean a legalistic set of rules.

The problem with the English translation is that it translates the Torah given by God to Moses as law, it translates the Torah perverted by the Scribes and Pharisee ( works of self-righteousness) as law, it translates the oral laws the traditions of the elders as Law and it translates the law of sin and death that is in the carnal nature as law.

The  pharisee left the righteousness which is by faith and went about to establish their own righteousness . Hence the term " works of the law" which is under the curse.

Are you referring to the law as perverted by the pharisee ? 

The Torah: The Law of the Lord is perfect converting the soul. James calls it the law of liberty .

21 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

DEFINING THE TITHE: True biblical holy tithes were always only food from the holy land and herds of Israelites who lived inside God’s holy land, the boundary of Israel. They were the tenth of crops after the full harvest (not the best); they were the tenth increase of clean animals (not the best) (Lev. 27:30-34).

MONEY WAS NOT TITHED: Although money in the form of gold and silver existed in the Bible and was essential for sanctuary/temple worship, money was never included in any of the 16 descriptions of the holy tithe.

The bible was written in the midst of time and history. That was the culture of that day.  Solomon when he built the temple, he offered Hiram olive oil and wheat in great abundance in exchange for cedar trees instead of using silver money the currency of the day.

Israel being an agricultural nation would exchange crops and herds as currency. Today we live in an industrial society , that's why we don't use herds and crops as a means of exchange. we use money instead.

A culture may change but God's pattern of truth is eternal . It does not change.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

@Worship Warriors

Hi, hope all things are Christ in and with you. If you would allow me to speak rather boldly for a bit, seeing how I do bear witness with your relationship with Christ. I sense it is alive and well in you and in a growing state. So if you would take my words before God and ask Him about them I would be most honored. 

As far as tithing goes....

Are salvation we have in Christ is our deaths with Him. This death frees us from the law. The law is not just the 10 commandments or the Jewish law with all it’s requirements. Law is do. Anything that is a do is a law. We by our deaths in Christ have been freed from do. Now our salvation is a free gift from God to us by faith. All things come to us from God now by the faith of the heart turned to Him. We are under no law but the law of faith, which is the just shall live by faith, . Which is we are to trust Him in all things. Whether you want to give, give, or not give, that’s totally up to what your personal relationship with Christ is telling you. For all things are now between you and Christ. The closer you get to Him (as I’m sure you know) the more will you be conformed to His image. Which is the fulfillment of the requirement concerning us.

Taste not, touch not, have only to do with this fallen realm but nothing to do with our walks of faith before God. 

If you would ask God about this I think you would be most blessed.   For our salvation in Christ is the most freeing and liberating thing. The do’s and don’t do’s now come from what your personal relationship with Christ is telling you. If your relationship is telling you to go to the right, go to the right having that faith before God, being convinced in your heart you are pleasing to Him. Always looking forward for the manifestation of Christ in you as well as in all that call on His name. 

Be blessed most loved one of God, 

Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • This is Worthy 2

11 hours ago, Not me said:

@Worship Warriors

As far as tithing goes....

Law is do. Anything that is a do is a law. We by our deaths in Christ have been freed from do. Now our salvation is a free gift from God to us by faith. All things come to us from God now by the faith of the heart turned to Him. We are under no law but the law of faith, which is the just shall live by faith, .

Not me,

For both OT and NT believer’s salvation is by grace through faith. Paul quotes from Habakkuk : the just shall live by faith" 3 times in the NT. And this is how both OT and NT believers are perfected: by grace through faith ( Hebrews 11- by faith Abraham, by faith Moses , by faith the walls of Jericho fell, by faith they kept the sprinkling of blood, ).

But now that we have been saved by faith,this is how we are to live holy lives. You have an obligation to walk in God’s commandments. How you live determine not your salvation but your eternal rewards.

God gave Israel the Torah  meaning teaching for walking with God. But the scribes and the Pharisee took the Torah and perverted it. On the sermon of the Mount Jesus explained that the purpose of the 10 commandments : with the commandments do not murder . It was God"s intention  in giving this commandment that you cannot keep it by your own self effort. If you have resentment forgiveness in your heart towards another, you are already operating in the spirit of murder. You need God's grace to be able to forgive. You need God's grace to resit the spirit of adultery. Jesus explained that if you have lust in your heart, you have already committed adultery.

The Pharisee had left off the righteousness which is by faith to establish their own righteousness by works and doing .  Hence the terms " the works of the law" which is all doing by your own self effort.  The pharisee have narrowed down the 10 commandments so that they can keep it without God's grace. anyone with  a religious spirit can keep the commandment if you narrow down its definition. 

Not ME, you and I agree but we are talking pass each other.

Jesus said that the purpose of all the Law and the prophets is to make you love God with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself. You need God's grace to keep the Torah. That's was God's intention all along. On these 2 commandments hang all the Law and the prophets.

All the OT heroes lives by faith for without faith it is impossible to please God. The bible commands to to follow their examples : be followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises of God.

It is the Pharisee that had perverted it by making it all doing so that they can keep it by their own self effort.

The Law of the Lord

The Law of the Lord is perfect converting the soul . David a man after God;s own heart : this is how he felt about the Law of God:

Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long. ( Psalm 119:97)

I rejoice at your word, as one that finds great spoil.( Psalm 119:162)

And I will walk at liberty: for I seek your precepts.( Psalm 119:45). No wonder James refers to OT scripture as the laws of liberty

whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night.( Psalm 1). You will prosper, you will bear forth fruit and you become like a tree planted near the rivers of water if you keep the Torah.

Israel as a  nation went about to establish their own righteousness

Israel as a nation left the righteousness which is by faith and went about to establish their own righteousness by works and doing. That was the whole problem with the Galatians. They had been saved by faith. But those of the circumcision came and told them they have to be circumcised to be saved. its faith and circumcision to be saved.

Circumcision is a sign of becoming a proselyte Jew. When you become a proselyte , you have to keep the torah as perverted by the pharisee and all their oral laws ( a yoke of bondage and works ) which is not by faith.

Christ in you the hope of glory

The 10 table of stones ( 10 commandments ) was placed in the ARK. Ark is Christ . The Law in Christ . I  delight to do your will oh God  for your Laws are written in my heart. 

The Torah in Christ , then Christ in You the hope of glory.  That's how NT believers are now keeping the Torah today.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

@Worship Warriors

Yes I think you are right we are talking passed each other...(apples and oranges) 

Our relationships with Christ are growing, let them grow, be most blessed in yours.

For by grace through faith are we saved and just the same all growth comes. 

Your brother and fellow laborer in Christ, Not me   ?

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

15 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

Not me,

For both OT and NT believer’s salvation is by grace through faith. Paul quotes from Habakkuk : the just shall live by faith" 3 times in the NT. And this is how both OT and NT believers are perfected: by grace through faith ( Hebrews 11- by faith Abraham, by faith Moses , by faith the walls of Jericho fell, by faith they kept the sprinkling of blood, ).

But now that we have been saved by faith,this is how we are to live holy lives. You have an obligation to walk in God’s commandments. How you live determine not your salvation but your eternal rewards.

God gave Israel the Torah  meaning teaching for walking with God. But the scribes and the Pharisee took the Torah and perverted it. On the sermon of the Mount Jesus explained that the purpose of the 10 commandments : with the commandments do not murder . It was God"s intention  in giving this commandment that you cannot keep it by your own self effort. If you have resentment forgiveness in your heart towards another, you are already operating in the spirit of murder. You need God's grace to be able to forgive. You need God's grace to resit the spirit of adultery. Jesus explained that if you have lust in your heart, you have already committed adultery.

The Pharisee had left off the righteousness which is by faith to establish their own righteousness by works and doing .  Hence the terms " the works of the law" which is all doing by your own self effort.  The pharisee have narrowed down the 10 commandments so that they can keep it without God's grace. anyone with  a religious spirit can keep the commandment if you narrow down its definition. 

Not ME, you and I agree but we are talking pass each other.

Jesus said that the purpose of all the Law and the prophets is to make you love God with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself. You need God's grace to keep the Torah. That's was God's intention all along. On these 2 commandments hang all the Law and the prophets.

All the OT heroes lives by faith for without faith it is impossible to please God. The bible commands to to follow their examples : be followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises of God.

It is the Pharisee that had perverted it by making it all doing so that they can keep it by their own self effort.

The Law of the Lord

The Law of the Lord is perfect converting the soul . David a man after God;s own heart : this is how he felt about the Law of God:

Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long. ( Psalm 119:97)

I rejoice at your word, as one that finds great spoil.( Psalm 119:162)

And I will walk at liberty: for I seek your precepts.( Psalm 119:45). No wonder James refers to OT scripture as the laws of liberty

whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night.( Psalm 1). You will prosper, you will bear forth fruit and you become like a tree planted near the rivers of water if you keep the Torah.

Israel as a  nation went about to establish their own righteousness

Israel as a nation left the righteousness which is by faith and went about to establish their own righteousness by works and doing. That was the whole problem with the Galatians. They had been saved by faith. But those of the circumcision came and told them they have to be circumcised to be saved. its faith and circumcision to be saved.

Circumcision is a sign of becoming a proselyte Jew. When you become a proselyte , you have to keep the torah as perverted by the pharisee and all their oral laws ( a yoke of bondage and works ) which is not by faith.

Christ in you the hope of glory

The 10 table of stones ( 10 commandments ) was placed in the ARK. Ark is Christ . The Law in Christ . I  delight to do your will oh God  for your Laws are written in my heart. 

The Torah in Christ , then Christ in You the hope of glory.  That's how NT believers are now keeping the Torah today.

The 10 table of stones ( 10 commandments ) was placed in the ARK. Ark is Christ . The Law in Christ . I  delight to do your will oh God  for your Laws are written in my heart. 

That same ARK has a Mercy Seat That has the most precious thing in the Universe sprinkled upon it— The Blood Of Jesus Christ.The Law can’t be viewed now without first seeing The Blood.That works out real good for Believers.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

The Apostle Paul in his letter to Timothy in Chapter 6: addresses giving to the church and charity.

My view is; the local church serves the local community, missionaries and outreach programs. The local church preaches, teaches and shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ and meets the spiritual needs of the community. It helps the community in times of hardship and loss, by reflecting the love, faith and relationship with our Lord and Savior.

Funds need collected to build a church; utilities have to be paid, the Pastor has to be paid, maintenance and improvements are always present. To keep the doors open, the church needs a dependable, consistent  and reliable source of income to be productive and healthy. Thithing meets those needs and helps with planning, future projects, and those with the boots on the ground. 

Our church is still solvent, but one thing I have noticed at every monthly business meeting; the tithes and offerings vary as much as or more than 50% every week. 

I was once all about me, me, me; I, I, I... I could better spend my money than just to give it away to the church and the Lord's work. I was greedy and self centered. With the Lord in my heart, I no longer want earthly riches, a new car and big bank account. How blessed would it be to hear from my Master at the Bema Seat; that some of that money contributed to saving a soul from Hell. 

Just my thoughts...

• Thumbs Up 1