IGNORED

Will God give seven days warning before the Rapture as He warned Noah ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, other one said:

so what do you consider the day of the Lord to be....

I don't consider: I go by what is written: John tells us that the Day of the Lord will begin at the 6th seal and continue on through the entire week. It may well continue on through the millennium.

The rapture comes a moment before the 6th seal.

The 6th seal starts the Day of the Lord.

The 7th seal begins the 70th week of Daniel.

The 7th trumpet marks the midpoint.

The 7th vial ends the week.

5 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

That is not a statement of how long the bowl judgments last, if not 7 days, and why...

The sentence stated that the prewrath rapture would include.....No, the rapture is an event that stands alone. It does not "include" anything but the resurrection of the dead in Christ and the catching up of those alive in Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

12 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

I don't consider: I go by what is written: John tells us that the Day of the Lord will begin at the 6th seal and continue on through the entire week. It may well continue on through the millennium.

The rapture comes a moment before the 6th seal.

The 6th seal starts the Day of the Lord.

The 7th seal begins the 70th week of Daniel.

The 7th trumpet marks the midpoint.

The 7th vial ends the week.

2 Peter 3:10-11
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. 
NASB

Just now, other one said:

2 Peter 3:10-11
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. 
NASB

Note carefully: it COMES like a thief because JESUS will come like a thief for the rapture. Then, somehwere or sometime DURING the Day of the Lord, the earth will be burned up - it is written that no place was found for them. So God will create a NEW earth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

8 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Note carefully: it COMES like a thief because JESUS will come like a thief for the rapture. Then, somehwere or sometime DURING the Day of the Lord, the earth will be burned up - it is written that no place was found for them. So God will create a NEW earth.

yep and the rapture comes just before he burns the whole place to a crisp, not before any kind of tribulation....   The day of the Lord comes when he plants his foot on Planet earth...   and most of us will have died at the hands of Satan during his wrath here....   That where the people under the throne come from that is so large they can't be numbered...   I would say probably billions of people who refuse the mark and choose death instead....      and we should prepare ourselves spiritually to be able to go through that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

That is a pejorative statement and has no basis of fact ascribed to it. Just your take.

No, it is fact, for anyone that does their own investigation, instead of believing the nonsense that is pumped out.

Nothing is 'self evident' and if you care to actually study this for yourself,

Right. Nothing is self evident. I'M TELLING YOU TO TAKE THE TIME, to see if the nonsense you have been fed is correct.

you will see that Darby, Scofield and many others were also of dubious understandings. The "I'm sure" is a real tell of your misunderstanding even of English, let alone the scriptures.

I don't care about these people. I care about what has happened during the history of the Church. What did the early Church believe. I tire of the John Nelson Darby blah, blah, blah. The question is did the early church believe in a pre trib rapture?

See for yourself. Darby was not a scholar and had dubious beliefs.

Nothing to do with what I believe.

John Nelson Darby (1800-1882), the "Father of Dispensationalism," used occult language throughout his doctrinal writings and letters. The majority of the phrases are found in Kabbalistic/Theosophical literature. J.N. Darby learned these esoteric terms somewhere—not from the Bible—and he deliberately integrated them into his theological treatises and letters. His practice of merging Theosophical vocabulary with supposedly biblical teaching is a form of syncretism. (It is also a red flag.)

The question is not what you have been fed to believe. There is plenty of proof that the early Church believed in a pre trib rapture, but even that is not the proof you need. That only proves that the John Nelson Darby, blah, blah, blah, 1800's blah, blah, blah is a load of nonsense. The real question is what does the Word of God say? There is a reason that Noah is in the ark 7 days before the flood. There is a reason that there is a early summer grain harvest and a fall fruit harvest. There is a reason the Feasts of Israel should be studied. The Bible has the answers for those that seek the truth.

The origin of Rapture False doctrine: John Darby 1830 AD

Rapture doctrine is one of the most recent "new doctrines" in the history of the Church. The only doctrine more recent is the invention of the sinner's prayer for salvation by Billy Sunday in 1930, which was made popular by Billy Graham in 1935.

2.      The fact that John Nelson Darby invented the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine around 1830 AD is unquestionably true. All attempts to find evidence of this wild doctrine before 1830 have failed, with a single exception: Morgan Edwards wrote a short essay as a college paper for Bristol Baptist College in Bristol England in 1744 where he confused the second coming with the first resurrection of Revelation 20 and described a "pre-tribulation" rapture. However Edwards ideas, which he admitted were brand new and never before taught, had no influence in the modern population of the false doctrine. That prize to goes to Darby.

3.      Prior to 1830, no church taught it in their creed, catechism or statement of faith.

4.      Darby has had a profound impact on religion today, since Darby's "secret rapture" false doctrine has infected most conservative, evangelical churches. While the official creeds and statements of faith of many churches either reject or are silent about Rapture, neither do they openly condemn this doctrine of a demon from the pulpit.

5.      While not all dispensationalists believe in the Rapture. All those who teach the Rapture also believe in premillennialism. Both groups use Israel's modern statehood status of 1948 to be a beginning of a countdown to the end.

6.      All premillennialists, rapturists and dispensationalists alive today believe the Bible reveals the general era of when Christ will return. The date setters of the 1800's (Seventh-day Adventists who are date setting premillennialists who reject the rapture, Jehovah's Witnesses who have set many dates) based their predictions upon speculative arrangements of numbers and chronologies in the Bible. Today's date setters without exception wrongly believe that Israel gaining state hood in 1948 fulfilled Bible prophecy and that Christ would return within one generation.

http://www.bible.ca/rapture-origin-john-nelson-darby-1830ad.htm

Let me guess, the church is Israel?

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, Diaste said:

I hope that is true. David loved God. God loved David. I don't think I'm ready to say that because a person has a moment of what could be considered disobedience to God they are not saved, nor loved by God, and that they are not a sincere believer in Christ.

People mess up. Even Jesus got into what amounts to a bar fight; destroying the furniture, beating people with a whip. Are you saying that was, or was not disobedience to the Father?

So you do not believe in OSAS?

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

On 9/18/2019 at 1:50 AM, R. Hartono said:

Many people discuss this in Christian sites, that God might give 7 days warning before the rapture of the church as He did to Noah.

God doesn't have to give a specific number of days warning to believers.  We will know what is happening if we know His Word.

I Thessalonians 5:4 But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. 5 For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness. 6 So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober.

On 9/18/2019 at 1:50 AM, R. Hartono said:

While in reality, the Bible told us that christians are not even aware of that day they are taken as they will be busily working their daily job when the Rapture suddenly happens : (obviously they dont rcv a 7 days warning).

Matt 24:40  Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.  41. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Not exactly sure where you get this idea from, but if it is something you are reading into this passage you offer from Matthew perhaps you should consider what Luke had to say on the subject.

Luke 17:34 I tell you, in that night there will be two in one bed. One will be taken and the other left. 35 There will be two women grinding together. One will be taken and the other left.” 37 And they said to him, “Where, Lord?” He said to them, “Where the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.”

According to Jesus, they are taken to where the vultures are gathered.  A bit difficult to explain that from a pre-trib position, which is probably why this passage is not often brought up.

God bless

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, other one said:

God may know that but there was no way that you could cause God didn't tell us that.   LoL     He was 969 years old, do you really think God just killed him so he wouldn't drown...

I like my idea a lot better and shows Gods mercy toward Methuselah who was not a bad guy from all I have read 

Apocrypha says methuselah passed away a few weeks be4 the flood n as his name means his death brings the flood.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

3 hours ago, other one said:

When he comes the wicked will be terrified to see him coming in the clouds but we are told to look up for our redemption is coming....    I see it as happening at the end of the tribulation period for he locks satan away for a thousand years.

Personally it's not a big deal to me one way or another for I have the Holy Spirit to guide and get me through whatever comes....   and if it's loosing my head...   well I've researched that and if done properly is relatively quick and nearly painless; and I won't be worried about the mess it leaves..  

I do not disagree with your general understanding of the end, but personally, I have no reason to suspect that the Antichrist will be so merciful, as make certain that  it will be done properly, relatively quick and painless. It seem just as likely to me, that he will want to make examples of people to help persuade others not to get out line with his will.

To the O.P., I do not think that the Noah example is a good one Noah had about 120 years of warning, the rest of us since the first century, have had almost 2000 years of warning. Noah has 120 years of prepping, and there was no surprise to him. As Jesus said, the others will be surprised when at His return, just as it was in the days of Noah, and those (unbelievers) caught by surprise, will be taken away.