IGNORED

Will God give seven days warning before the Rapture as He warned Noah ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Has anyone noticed that just before Noah's flood, God took the people that were close to Him?

In other words, those that He did not want to suffer the flood died. This take a good deal of research into life-spans, but I think many will be surprised.

"As in the days of Noah.." has many implied warnings. Check out the Tanach and see just what was going on. Again, I think many will be surprised at what they find.

There is no pre-trib anything. It is all 'churchy' pew-warming stuff. That great elevator in the sky is NOT going to come for you, so you had better we prepared. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Be ready to give 'account of the hope that lies withing you..' Especially to those that have been led to a false understanding of end-times. Be ready to support and explain to those who's faith may fail them at the last minute. God does not wish any to be lost, and when push comes to shove, there will be a LOT of pressure to 'conform' to worldly systems and 'the disobedience in high places'.

The Eschaton is not for the faint of heart. It will be bad, so get used to this idea and do not back a false view of end-times. Be prepared in good times and bad. Read some history about suffering and inhuman treatment of believers the world over. Do not assume you will be feeling 'chipper' the day they lop of your head and put it on a pole. It will be horrendous, make no mistake about it.

Never lose hope though, for the Lord our God is a strong Tower and He will gather us under His wing regardless of our personal suffering. Trust Him and not a man-made theology. Remember He suffered terribly, but the Glory was set before Him; a crown and Everlasting Kingship. Thus we hope in the Resurrection!

I always thought it was nice that he waited till Methuselah died    and he let him live longer than anyone to be sure we understood he didn't cut his life short...    God is  sooo  thoughtful.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, Diaste said:

Well....No. The gathering cannot happen before the beast is revealed. 2 Thess 2

If you read the book of Revelation correctly the rapture happens before the Antichrist is revealed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,077
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

There is no pre-trib anything. It is all 'churchy' pew-warming stuff.

There is a reason that Noah is closed into the ark 7 days before the flood. They were eating and drinking and marrying and giving in marriage UNTIL the day Noah entered the ark.

The Church will be in heaven during the 70th week of Daniel, the tribulation period. God will turn his attention to the twelve tribes that are scattered across the earth. He keeps His promises.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

6 hours ago, The Light said:

There is a reason that Noah is closed into the ark 7 days before the flood. They were eating and drinking and marrying and giving in marriage UNTIL the day Noah entered the ark.

The Church will be in heaven during the 70th week of Daniel, the tribulation period. God will turn his attention to the twelve tribes that are scattered across the earth. He keeps His promises.

It sounds like a nice idea and sold millions. However, there is no cohesive scriptural basis for any of Darby and later/earlier systems. They all cheat with scripture and they are all prone to failure on systematic analysis.

I am no great scholar,  but I have seen the history of such stuff and the church was ripe for Scofield and such. He even made his own bible, since the real scriptures did not fit well with this pre-trib stuff.

The so-called 70th week of Daniel is also conjecture. The church has proclaimed this loud enough and often enough that believers believe it... (an Hitler saying). If John's Revelation was written in Aramaic about 68 AD, then all bets are off. Later came the Greek translation.

I suggest everyone throw away their end-times books and poor theology and take a grass-roots look at ALL prophesy. It has to be cohesive across the board. You cannot take isolated passages and weave an idea around it. You have to be brutally honest with the text and look for CONSISTENCY and not feather the nest of your ideas with sporadic passages.

Augustine and Nelson and a whole bunch of other idealists had their own ax to grind and if you look at the history of these people, you might find some glaring anomalies.

Remember that these prophetic passages were mostly written to contemporary Israelis and not just to us 21st century folk. We do not read much but take second-hand thought and preaching without suitable study.

And do not necessarily trust early sources after 150 AD. They did not involve Hebrew text much and were often overtly antisemitic. Because of this, our 'theology' is suspect from the get-go. I.e. bad root = bad fruit.

"As in the days of Noah.." has other far more sinister possibilities and probabilities. Go check out the time of Noah in the Tanach.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,624
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

19 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Those Christians raptured during their daily job at the field, do you think they work with their body chained n tortured like romusha by the antichrist ?

No one says the passage in question refers to christians or even to daily life necessarily. 

The essential idea is some are chosen from everywhere, but not everyone, and at anytime while all is continuing as it always has. This also implies some 'christians' will not be taken.

Sorry, I assume you conclude this is the gathering of believers. Maybe you do not.

17 hours ago, missmuffet said:

If you read the book of Revelation correctly the rapture happens before the Antichrist is revealed. 

Correctly according to what standard?

There isn't any evidence of when the beast is revealed in Rev.

There is in 2 Thess 2.

Matt 24 tells us Jesus comes for us only after the A of D.

I do hope you and all your friends are prepared for this inevitability.

On 9/17/2019 at 11:50 PM, R. Hartono said:

Many people discuss this in Christian sites, that God might give 7 days warning before the rapture of the church as He did to Noah.

The rapture maniacs also give many warnings they claimed to be from God, with messages such as "Thus saith the Loooordd...." or "Behooold.....", showing their claimed signs, numerical calculations, omens, calendars, feasts, dreams, phi diagram, planetary positions, even mysterious knocking sound on the wall etc. etc. as the prophetic signs which only they know for sure.

While in reality, the Bible told us that christians are not even aware of that day they are taken as they will be busily working their daily job when the Rapture suddenly happens : (obviously they dont rcv a 7 days warning).

Matt 24:40  Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.  41. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

The apostles asked Jesus when will He restore the kingdom of Israel :                            

Acts 1:7 He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.

Just refreshed my memory of Gen 6-7. What is this 7 days warning thing?

"Then God said to Noah, “The end of all living creatures has come before Me, because through them the earth is full of violence. Now behold, I will destroy both them and the earth.

Make for yourself an ark of gopher wood;c make rooms in the ark and coat it with pitch inside and out. And this is how you are to build it: The ark is to be 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high. You are to make a roof for the ark, finish its walls a cubitf from the top, place a door in the side of the ark, and build lower, middle, and upper decks."

This statement came at least 100 years before the flood. Notice the declaration, "Now behold, I will destroy both them and the earth."

100 years of warning, at least.

I see the 7 day period as the animals gathering and entering the ark, not a sudden dire prediction 7 days before the calamity occurred. What? Was Noah building the ark without a sense of purpose for 100 years? No goal or end result in sight except for the last 7 days? 

I would argue we have had 2000 years of 'warning'.

I would argue we have advance notice and can know nearly to the month, "When you see Jerusalem compassed by armies, look up, you're redemption draws near."

I would argue that there has been more than enough 'warning' and pretrib was invented exactly because we understand the warnings and want nothing to do with what's on the way. 

Clearly the beast must bring the refining fire upon the remnant of the seed of the woman.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, Diaste said:

Correctly according to what standard?

There isn't any evidence of when the beast is revealed in Rev.

There is in 2 Thess 2.

Matt 24 tells us Jesus comes for us only after the A of D.

I do hope you and all your friends are prepared for this inevitability.

Suit yourself. Time will tell.

14 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Suit yourself. Time will tell.

But it doesn't suit me, not in the least amount. It means horror beyond imagination. No sane person would wish for that, or hope for that. I don't want it to happen, but it is going to happen.

We have a strong guard that will oversee us during this time. He is our one and only hope and all our strength.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

22 hours ago, Diaste said:

I would argue that there has been more than enough 'warning' and pretrib was invented exactly because we understand the warnings and want nothing to do with what's on the way.

Agreed. From the get go Augustine made sure that Hebrews were marginalized so no one would study the truth of the law and the prophets. Out silly theology is based on Milton and other whimsical people.

The law was given for TRANSGRESSIONS (plural) and points of the horrors of Gen 6 that just about destroyed the planet. Hence the flood.

And silly humans have now invited these unholy spirits into their lives and the result will be terrible.
'As in the days of Noah...' has terrifying implications for us. The final battle for the Throne will be so bad we can not really find words to imagine it all. So we invent ideas and recapitulate our mental abilities, check in our brains at the church door and suck on the teat of easy-peasy teachings. We semm to be in total denial.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • This is Worthy 1