Jeff Wickham

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Jacob's dream about a ladder had two parts - the ladder itself, and God's promise about a seed. Both parts describe one another, and both parts are a prophecy about Jesus. Jesus was the ladder (John 1:50-51). Jesus was also the seed. Paul points out in Galatians 3:16 that this seed of Abraham (and Isaac and Jacob) was only one individual, namely, Christ. 

But the plot thickens. In Galatians 3:26-29 Paul reveals a startling insight: if we are united with Christ, then we are part of that one-and-only seed. Although the seed is singular, it is composed of many parts. Since the promised seed and Jacob's ladder both describe one another, this means that Jacob's ladder is also composed of many parts. The ladder represents Jesus, both head and body. This union of Christ and believers is the means by which God pours out His heavenly blessings on the world.  

How does union with Christ affect your efforts to bless the world? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Hi Jeff, another good video message, thanks!   I like that the messages are not too long, just enough. :)  

marriage-bible-verse-8l.jpg.a26c66f05a08ac1126aeb7bafcc08a08.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  11

Good vid ? I love the spiritual language that runs throughout scripture.  as I was listening, what came to mind was the verse also about the woman praying or prophesyings with her head covered for the sake of the angels also. Im thinking of those instances as abiding in the ladder. Prophesyings as angels descending, the Spirit pouring down filling  (like as with Stephen when it said he was full of the holy Ghost, and he gave his testimony, and also had the face as an angel ?(my cup runneth over), and praying as angels ascending sending our utterances and supplications in the Spirit going up, as it is said the Spirit maketh intercession for us. The woman's (also parabollic bride)head is covered with Christ, the ladder, the budding rod, crucifixion of the flesh life in the Spirit, and the almonds bearing fruit (also the reason for her head covering since she is the glory of the man before partaking of Life, the second Adam, the quickening Spirit, Jesus Christ...I think a man of Christ,or living man (the image of God, not beast) glorifies God when he is crucified  in the fallen flesh for then he returns to that place and eats where the tree of Life is. The image in being before sin or the parabollic being clothed with animal skins) and the glorifying in the returning through following Christ and the partaking of His fruit. but I also agree there is the literal interpretation for even Christ was baptized of John that ((all righteousness be fulfilled)) and we likewise receive the truth in the image as long as we are in the flesh observing the physical aspects also in entering the kingdom that in us also all righteousness be fulfilled. 

When a video stirs such contemplation and brings glory to God it is a blessing, thank you ?

Edited by Two Part Bible Studies
Clarification
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/18/2019 at 7:40 AM, Debp said:

Hi Jeff, another good video message, thanks!   I like that the messages are not too long, just enough. :)  

marriage-bible-verse-8l.jpg.a26c66f05a08ac1126aeb7bafcc08a08.jpg

You are very welcome! 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Two Part Bible Studies said:

Good vid ? I love the spiritual language that runs throughout scripture.  as I was listening, what came to mind was the verse also about the woman praying or prophesyings with her head covered for the sake of the angels also. Im thinking of those instances as abiding in the ladder. Prophesyings as angels descending, the Spirit pouring down filling  (like as with Stephen when it said he was full of the holy Ghost, and he gave his testimony, and also had the face as an angel ?(my cup runneth over), and praying as angels ascending sending our utterances and supplications in the Spirit going up, as it is said the Spirit maketh intercession for us. The woman's (also parabollic bride)head is covered with Christ, the ladder, the budding rod, crucifixion of the flesh life in the Spirit, and the almonds bearing fruit (also the reason for her head covering since she is the glory of the man before partaking of Life, the second Adam, the quickening Spirit, Jesus Christ...I think a man of Christ,or living man (the image of God, not beast) glorifies God when he is crucified  in the fallen flesh for then he returns to that place and eats where the tree of Life is. The image in being before sin or the parabollic being clothed with animal skins) and the glorifying in the returning through following Christ and the partaking of His fruit. but I also agree there is the literal interpretation for even Christ was baptized of John that ((all righteousness be fulfilled)) and we likewise receive the truth in the image as long as we are in the flesh observing the physical aspects also in entering the kingdom that in us also all righteousness be fulfilled. 

When a video stirs such contemplation and brings glory to God it is a blessing, thank you ?

You are welcome! And thank you for sharing your thoughts too. There are indeed many deep trains of thought in the Bible. So many ideas worth exploring.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  11

Amein, I am glad it can be of benefit as your video was of benefit to me.

1 Corinthians 12:26
...one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

We have just started doing videos this year also. And there is so much even (sometimes to the very word) that it just cannot always fit in a 20 min time frame and come out making sense to others. That has perhaps been my personal struggle since I work with someone else..(fitting everything in less than 10 min for the section I contribute, especially these parabollic details. )

But as my co-worker says ..there will be other chapters and it can come up again. And it often does. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Two Part Bible Studies said:

And there is so much even (sometimes to the very word) that it just cannot always fit in a 20 min time frame and come out making sense to others. That has perhaps been my personal struggle since I work with someone else..(fitting everything in less than 10 min for the section I contribute, especially these parabollic details. )

For sure! Some topics would require a whole series to adequately cover them. But thankfully, the word comes "here a little, there a little." I try to zoom in on a sliver that will make sense, even standing alone, and trust that the Holy Spirit will eventually use it to help recreate the big picture for other people. 

• Loved it! 1