• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,523
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Recently I almost bought some. But when I picked it up  it was way smaller than it used to be.  I put it back thinking  no,  no way am I buying this stuff anyway.

I have memories of  it being baked as a loaf with pineapple rings attached over it with whole cloves,  and then peanut butter smeared on it all. In the oven it went till hot and the pineapple was also kinda browned up with some brown sugar also added somewhere along the line during baking.

Gad it is amazing I'm alive. That must have been so bad  for me that I should  have been be a diabetic and also had a heart attack too by age ten. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,523
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

48 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

When times were hard

Ha hard times, not eating was hard times, eh? Back when a few crackers dampened in water and heated on a furnace door ledge for lack of a useable stove was a looked forward to treat for it alleviated the pain some, now that was "hard times" too. Makes one toughen up though and also eventually learn to rely upon one's creator especially though the most miserable of times, and  perhaps also to not forget him during abundance. 

Hey, guess Spam was a treat, a feast!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

Fried Spam and eggs over easy! I can't handle a study diet of it, but it's O.K. on occasion. 

Have a few cans of it tucked away for emergencies, like in 2005 when wide spread severe thunderstorms and tornado's swept through and the electricity was out for two weeks, in July's 98 degree heat. Thought I had all my bases covered for such an emergency; 5,000 watt generator, 7 days of gasoline for it, plenty of bottled water, satellite TV, lanterns, plenty of food, etc. A 115v. portable room air conditioner for sleeping never crossed my mind until the very first night. 

Absolutely...it should be a staple in everyone's pantry.

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

I cant stand spam. It is too fatty for me. However there is one way Ive had it and enjoyed it. 

When I lived on the navajo reservation, there were a couple of folks who would make breakfast burritos and sell them at the hospital where I worked. One of them included spam with eggs and potatos. Oh that was so tasty. 

One day the hospital administrator opted to ban the folks selling burritos. Hospital staff raised such a fuss, the burrito folks were back within a few days.

Lol...thats hilarious!

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,441
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

I cant stand spam. It is too fatty for me. However there is one way Ive had it and enjoyed it. 

When I lived on the navajo reservation, there were a couple of folks who would make breakfast burritos and sell them at the hospital where I worked. One of them included spam with eggs and potatos. Oh that was so tasty. 

One day the hospital administrator opted to ban the folks selling burritos. Hospital staff raised such a fuss, the burrito folks were back within a few days.

To fatty? May I offer a low fat solution for those whom don't like Spam or find it too fatty? 

Take the can of 'Spam' between two small pieces of plywood, coat the "outside" of the plywood with wet mud. Take all the proceeding and tightly wrap it with aluminum foil and put on a charcoal grill for :30 minutes, turning once. Remove from grill, toss away the Spam for the wildlife critters, the mud and plywood should be seasoned to perfection :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

I love Spam.

Z 8012..jpg

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

9 minutes ago, Cletus said:

check out the sodium content.

slice it thin

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cletus said:

check out the sodium content.

That's the best part!

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Ha hard times, not eating was hard times, eh?

Yeah, I know that. That was the best of the month in those hard times, when Mom got paid and a few victuals were in the cupboard and fridge. Most days it was fortunate to see one meal a day and that was quite nice as well. Other days were an advantage of maybe a can of condensed Campbell's soup. Crackers, eh? Stale or worse than that, making them inedible? I thought the topic here was Spam. A bit off the subject aren't we bro? How do you like your Spam anyway?

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Recently I almost bought some. But when I picked it up  it was way smaller than it used to be.  I put it back thinking  no,  no way am I buying this stuff anyway.

I have memories of  it being baked as a loaf with pineapple rings attached over it with whole cloves,  and then peanut butter smeared on it all. In the oven it went till hot and the pineapple was also kinda browned up with some brown sugar also added somewhere along the line during baking.

Gad it is amazing I'm alive. That must have been so bad  for me that I should  have been be a diabetic and also had a heart attack too by age ten. 

Nevermind. I see you did relish your Spam, and delightfully so. Forget I asked. 

• Haha 1