JoniSteele

2019 Oldies

Who ARE the oldies online? Please introduce yourselves. Let's refresh this forum. I'm Joni. I'M approaching 60 and have been walking with the Lord since 2004. 

On 9/18/2019 at 12:10 PM, JoniSteele said:

Who ARE the oldies online? Please introduce yourselves. Let's refresh this forum. I'm Joni. I'M approaching 60 and have been walking with the Lord since 2004. 

I'm Bob and am 66. You are very young. I'm pulling for the St. Louis Cardinals to hang onto that one-game lead they have over the Milwaukee Brewers for two more days.

I'm Ruth and nearing retirement.  I was pulled from the vortex about 1973 with no interest in going back!  Hi Joni!  Hi Bob!  

What do you consider being an "Oldie"?  You may be surprised at how old some here are.  I'm 66 myself, retired and love the Lord and climbing - one ministry - and playing guitar in a worship group, another ministry.  As far back as I can remember I have believed in God, but started living for Him in the 70's, growing more serious over time.

Saying that, I am far from being the oldest here ... wonder who else will speak up?  POKE!

On 9/19/2019 at 5:10 AM, JoniSteele said:

What age does one need to be to qualify as an Oldie in your book?

being old is not a matter of age in years....    it is mostly mental and health.    I'm overweight and 72 and in about an hour will go to our YMCA and swim for an hour or two....   or lift weights for a half hour....  I really don't feel old...  at least not this morning.   A good doctor friend of mine died a couple of years ago at the age of 96....   he said he didn't get old till about 92...  I'm shooting for 92...      some people just don't live long enough to get old  LoL

This old stuff is all in your head

11 hours ago, other one said:

being old is not a matter of age in years....    it is mostly mental and health.    I'm overweight and 72 and in about an hour will go to our YMCA and swim for an hour or two....   or lift weights for a half hour....  I really don't feel old...  at least not this morning.   A good doctor friend of mine died a couple of years ago at the age of 96....   he said he didn't get old till about 92...  I'm shooting for 92...      some people just don't live long enough to get old  LoL

This old stuff is all in your head

I feel young in the morning. Old in the evening.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

I'm 70 and tell folks that I'll be middle-aged in ten more years.

• Haha 1

I'm a mere 69. Began ministry in 1975.

• Thumbs Up 1

images.jpg.fa92e0111a5ab18ffd96c1d0d23d7496.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1