Sign in to follow this  
JoniSteele

2019 Oldies

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Suit yourself.

LoL   I always do.

3 hours ago, Willa said:

I am short and my dietitian doesn't want me to ever go under 1600 calories.   1000 is way to low for a man and will cause your body to go into starvation mode so you will rebound, gain it all back plus 25 pounds when you quit dieting according to my diabetes dietitian.  Been there and done that a couple of times so I listen to her.  If you go to My Fitness Pal it will give you the calories you need for your hight, weight and activity.

Crash diets like you are on don't work.  Good luck.

When I stopped smoking about 30 years ago I gained 150 pounds....   about 5 years ago I went on this diet for about 8 montha and lost about 75 pounds and it stayed stable...   I started lifting weights about six months ago to try and loose some more....   problem was that I lost about two inches from my waist but gained almost 15 pounds.    Saying that muscle weight is ok doesn't work on 72 year old knees   LoL   

So I'm going for the low calorie diet again and switched to swimming an hour a day to burn calories instead of building more muscle.        I have been eating three thousand + calories a day for a really long time now with stable weight...    and will do so after I loose another 70 pounds.     This is not a trial for me, I've done it before.....    it's just really tricky to keep the calories down while getting the right kinds of things to stay healthy....  and the choices a bit more expensive than we regularly eat.   Still good.    I had a 6 oz top sirloin for lunch today cooked in an air fryer that was awesome and a good salad with pickle juice salad dressing....   low calorie good taste.

But I've done it before.   Funny thing is that after a week I really don't get hungry between meals.

Already my blood pressure is down and  my glucose levels have dropped an average of 30.    Even after meals it only goes up to about 125.  When I got up this morning my blood pressure was 98/55  heart rate of 57 and glucose 98.   I am going to have to ask my doctor if I should drop my blood pressure pills for 98 is a bit low to have any energy and standing up quickly can be dangerous. LoL    

On 10/13/2019 at 10:44 PM, Abby-Joy said:

@Willa, when you're low in potassium and magnesium, do you get severe muscle cramps and feel kinda foggy headed? 

lack of either of them causes cramps; I only get foggy when I get fibro fog from my fibromyalgia.  But some people do and it was one of the first thing I noticed in a patient at the hospital when I was a nurse.  She had become quite confused.  My mother in law also got confused and wasn't thinking straight when she was low in potassium. She was causing people to think she was getting senile.  I have been transcribing my appointment dates wrong on my computer calendar.  But that is more likely driver error.

If a person is concerned about their potassium and magnesium levels they need to go to their doctor and get their advise. Get some labs drawn. Trying to supplement your potassium and magnesium levels can be dangerous. They regulate your heart rhythm. 

On 10/19/2019 at 6:37 PM, missmuffet said:

If a person is concerned about their potassium and magnesium levels they need to go to their doctor and get their advise. Get some labs drawn. Trying to supplement your potassium and magnesium levels can be dangerous. They regulate your heart rhythm. 

Like I said, been seeing my doctor every week and been gettin blood drawn often twice a week.  Following MD' Rx.

• Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, Willa said:

Like I said, been seeing my doctor every week and been gettin blood drawn often twice a week.  Following MD' Rx.

That is a safe way to do it. 

I'm a Senior Adolescent. That's what I call someone who is not yet 65 but is over 55 and qualifies for some of the senior menus at local diners and restaurants.Lol! I'm considered too old by some young people and too young by anyone around 70 or so. Oh well. It is what it is. Lol!

On 10/1/2019 at 4:42 AM, Adstar said:

What age does one need to be to qualify as an Oldie in your book?

I'm over 55 and proud to be an Oldie! Lol!

On 9/28/2019 at 7:58 PM, johnthebaptist said:

I'm Bob and am 66. You are very young. I'm pulling for the St. Louis Cardinals to hang onto that one-game lead they have over the Milwaukee Brewers for two more days.

Thank you for saying I am very young. You are my new best friend! Lol!

• Haha 1

I'm grateful for a thread like this where we can talk about issues that are important to us as we get older. I was in the emergency room this morning. I was diagnosed with vertigo and was put on meclazine.

Sign in to follow this