createdequal

my testimony re the rosary

Years ago, my life was a train wreck. In fact, it would have been easier to fix a train wreck.. long story that is painful to re-live but anyway..

in the midst of all the misery, I walked by a Catholic Church one day.. because I had some business to take care of in that area of town. I had not been to Mass in years and had no real attraction to the Catholic faith, wasn't going to any other kind of church either.. but even though I was stressed and in a hurry that day, something made me go inside the Church. Nothing much was going on there, no Mass or whatever, but there was a pamphlet stand that had free rosaries. I took one just bc it was pretty. I had no intention of using it. I didn't believe it would make ONE bit of difference in my life. I was very disturbed at that time.. not functioning very well, etc...

well, I took it home and forgot about it, but one day I picked up and started praying it. I have no idea, to this day, what made me do that. It had to have been nothing but God himself.. because again, i didn't feel like it.. didn't believe in it.. 

But with the very fist prayers, things began to change... my inner self..

This is all very hard to put into words but I feel it was THEN that I became, objectively speaking, a Christian. I had sorta been Christian before then, but unable to really live a Christ centered life..

Say what you  want about things Catholic but it worked. I had an emotional addiction to a sick person at that time.. and the rosary was the ONLY thing that broke that addiction. I had tried so many other things but only the rosary worked  

Edited by createdequal

Do you believe the words of the rosary?

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:56 PM, Jayne said:

Do you believe the words of the rosary?

of course. One prayer in the rosary is the Our FAther which came straight from Jesus

the other, about Mary is from Luke , chapter One

But it is meditating on the life of our Lord that is most powerful and enlightening. And again, it changed my whole life. We humans do not realize how ... un-spiritual we are, really, even though created in God's image. We all need divine help, cannot get to Heaven without it.

Edited by createdequal

There's a caveat here:

The devil (of course) did NOT like me praying the rosary and he wreaked havoc in my life, through the aforementioned sicko I was once addicted to. That person did not lose the addiction to the relationship. 

So yeh, the rosary does all kinds of things in one's life and some of those things are NOT always appreciated, to say the least. But you know.. I console myself w/ the psg in Isaiah:

God says

My ways are not your ways; My thoughts are not your thoughts"

for sure

There are some things said in the prayers to Mary in the rosary that are found nowhere in scripture. That is certainly worth pointing out.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:01 PM, Steve_S said:

There are some things said in the prayers to Mary in the rosary that are found nowhere in scripture. That is certainly worth pointing out.

funny that you don't mention WHAT

just as those complaining about "evil Catholic doctrines" rarely if ever give an example of WHICH doctrines they refer to

Satan is subtle and it is seen in the rosary
https://www.gotquestions.org/praying-rosary.html

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/23/2019 at 9:27 PM, createdequal said:

of course. One prayer in the rosary is the Our FAther which came straight from Jesus

the other, about Mary is from Luke , chapter One

But it is meditating on the life of our Lord that is most powerful and enlightening. And again, it changed my whole life. We humans do not realize how ... un-spiritual we are, really, even though created in God's image. We all need divine help, cannot get to Heaven without it.

You've left out a tremendous amount that is in the rosary that is unbiblical.  I've listed some of the prayers and bolded what is not of the Bible nor from God.

[1]  The Hail Mary - Yes some is from Luke 1 [very little].  Elizabeth said, "blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb" when Mary was ALIVE and face to face with her.  We do not pray to Mary or any other person dead OR alive.  This has an "amen".  It's a prayer TO Mary.  She does not pray for us now nor at our death.  Only God can hear our prayers.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you;
blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

[2] The Hail Holy Queen - Mary is not and was not holy as God is holy.  She is not our life nor our hope.  She is DEFINITELY not our advocate before God.  And she was only a virgin for a short period of time in her marriage.

Hail, holy Queen, mother of mercy,
our life, our sweetness, and our hope.
To you we cry, poor banished children of Eve;
to you we send up our sighs,

mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate,
your eyes of mercy toward us;
and after this, our exile,
show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary

[3]  The Mysteries of the Rosary.

This is scripture to meditate and pray on when you reach the chains of the rosary necklace.

One is of the Assumption of Mary - Catholics believe she rose into the sky and into heaven like Jesus did.  They use a verse from the Song of Solomon to "prove" that.    Song of Solomon 2:10-11 which has NOTHING to do with Mary, the mother of Jesus.

One is the crowning of Mary when she gets to heaven.  How can one not see this as it is?  Idolatry!  They use Revelation 12:1 to "prove" this.

There's more in the rest of the mysteries that acknowledge Mary as one to give devotion to.

Many Evangelical Protestant churches see almost no indisputable miracles in response to their prayers that they resort to the desperate expedient of championing an unbiblical cessationism, that relegates truly miraculous gifts of the Spirit and spectacular healings in answer to prayer to the apostolic age.  By contrast, many medically verified miracles occur at Marian sites like Lourdes.  Dick a very bright executive from my church went to Turkey to ascent the mount to the Virgin Mary's house near Ephesus.  He soon recognized that he should not have joined this tour, "The Footsteps of St. Paul" because he had torn ligaments in his knee, made worse by a bad case of arthritis.  He was scheduled for surgery by  the top orthopedic surgeon in Spokane immediately after his return.  A Turkish lady noticed Dick limping in discomfort and recommended that he pour water from a spigot from Mary's spring on his injured knee.  Dick complied, but only to be polite.

When he returned to the hotel, he groaned in pain and his wife Mary Ann urged him to pour the water on his knee.  Dick replied, "Why?  It's just water with no healing power!" Mary Ann replied, I know, but what do you have to lose?"  So Dick did and soon felt better, but attributed this improvement to a placebo effect.  When he returned home, he had the planned surgery and awoke from the operation to see the surgeon standing at the foot of his bed with a concerned expression on his face.  The surgeon said, "I don't understand it.  We had MRIs and x-rays on your damaged knee, but when I cut you open, there was no sign of torn tendons and even your arthritis was gone!"  The surgeon evidently feared a malpractice suit.  I'll never forget Dick's testimony in my UMC church.  He began, "I no doubt do some things that some of you disapprove of, but."  Then he just glowed as he shared his miracle.

This miracle can't be attributed to Dick and Mary Ann's faith in the efficacy of Mary's water.  Neither of them believed he would be healed by pouring it on his knee.  I too did the Footsteps of St. Paul" tour and joined the ascent up the m9unt to Mary's little house.  Even our Muslim guide told us that the Marian spring had a reputation for facilitating divine healing!  Nowhere else in Greece or in Israel have I experienced such reverence and awe as I entered that little house.  The young woman (about 30) behind me collapsed to the ground in awe the moment she entered the house!  I later pondered this as I traveled to the holy Christian sites in Israel.   Jesus said, "By their fruits you shall know them."  The pilgrimages to sacred Marian sites certainly produce awesome fruit.

The markers both in the written Word and history support God ceasing  a great deal in the sign gifts- from Gospels and Acts going through Paul’s writings ... Foxes book of martyrs also testifies of different scenario... when one studies it is revealed in substantial evidence to cessation... in my heart I have absolutely no need of miracle to validate the truth of God! God can and will do as He likes but my heart is established by His Word just as God says
Romans 10:17 (KJV)
[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.