createdequal

my testimony re the rosary

On 10/6/2019 at 10:28 AM, createdequal said:

I do talk to Mary and so what?

you talk to people also

I talk to people who are alive. I don't talk to the dead. 

“Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth.” —Philippians 2:9,10

Listen to any Roman Catholic worship service and all you will hear is Mary, Mary, Mary! The Bible teaches that ONLY the name of Jesus Christ should be exalted, for there is NO salvation in any other name...

“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” —Acts 4:12

Those who shall persevere in the recitation of my Rosary will receive some special grace.

There is absolutely nothing in the Bible teaching such foolishness. God never instructs us to recite anything; on the contrary, God condemns such practices...

On 10/8/2019 at 11:40 AM, createdequal said:

[bang head]

you just don't GET IT!

Where did I mention BEADS saving me?

where did I say that beads are my savior?

sorry, but I am getting a little sick of this anti-Catholic prejudice

I appreciate your kind words otherwise, but seriously, you do NOT GET IT.

maybe some day you will.

I think you need to read my post over again. It looks like you missed an awful lot

Catholic Rosary is blasphemous against God, showing Him utter irreverence, by idolizing a sinful human being (Mary) instead of worshipping the sinless Lamb of God, Jesus Christ. Thus, the Rosary is a damnable heresy, which is no where taught in the Word of God.

MARY WORSHIP 1..jpg

Z 366..jpg

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:31 AM, Heleadethme said:

Scripture says so clearly and unequivocally that the Lord is a JEALOUS God and will not share His glory with any others.

and?

13 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Catholic Rosary is blasphemous against God, showing Him utter irreverence, by idolizing a sinful human being (Mary) instead of worshipping the sinless Lamb of God, Jesus Christ. Thus, the Rosary is a damnable heresy, which is no where taught in the Word of God.

again, you  don't understand. Why do you speak of things you do not understand? That is really ... um... unevolved or something.

I do not idolize Mary and no Catholic that I know of does. And you non-Catholics idolize all kinds of things yourself: money, possessions.. When is the last time we heard of some rich protestant giving up all or even half of his possessions to the poor and following Jesus?

In the old days, Catholic priests were expected to live simple lives. That is the way it should be. A wife and children are obviously big distractions from following Jesus and working for His kingdom so priests do not marry.

When you protestants give up all your material possessions, maybe I will believe that you are against idolatry re Mary, as you call it 

20 minutes ago, createdequal said:

again, you  don't understand. Why do you speak of things you do not understand? That is really ... um... unevolved or something.

I do not idolize Mary and no Catholic that I know of does. And you non-Catholics idolize all kinds of things yourself: money, possessions.. When is the last time we heard of some rich protestant giving up all or even half of his possessions to the poor and following Jesus?

In the old days, Catholic priests were expected to live simple lives. That is the way it should be. A wife and children are obviously big distractions from following Jesus and working for His kingdom so priests do not marry.

When you protestants give up all your material possessions, maybe I will believe that you are against idolatry re Mary, as you call it 

You know nothing about me. I have given away thousands of dollars to charity in various ways. Don't talk to me about wealth. Have you ever wondered how wealthy the catholic church really is? In his book, ‘The Vatican Billions’, writer and philosopher Avro Manhattan gives us a glimpse of the true financial worth of the catholic church:

“The Vatican has large investments with the Rothschilds of Britain, France and America, with the Hambros Bank, with the Credit Suisse in London and Zurich. In the United States it has large investments with the Morgan Bank, the Chase-Manhattan Bank, the First National Bank of New York, the Bankers Trust Company, and others.

The Vatican has billions of shares in the most powerful international corporations such as Gulf Oil, Shell, General Motors, Bethlehem Steel, General Electric, International Business Machines, T.W.A., etc. The Vatican’s treasure of solid gold has been estimated by the United Nations World Magazine to amount to several billion dollars. A large bulk of this is stored in gold ingots with the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank, while banks in England and Switzerland hold the rest. 

The celibacy law was instituted by Pope Gregory VII. The Church was a thousand years old before it definitively took a stand in favor of celibacy in the twelfth century at the Second Lateran Council held in 1139, when a rule was approved forbidding priests to marry. In 1563, the Council of Trent reaffirmed the tradition of celibacy. 

We know that Peter had a wife. During His earthly ministry, Jesus came to Peter's house and healed "his wife's mother" (Matthew 8:14And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.
Mark 1:30-31 But Simon's wife's mother lay sick of a fever, and anon they tell him of her. And he came and took her by the hand, and lifted her up; and immediately the fever left her, and she ministered unto them.
This proves that Peter had a wife.

Z 80114.jpg

Z 80115..jpg

1 hour ago, createdequal said:

and?

Exo 20:5 
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 
Exo 34:14 
For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God: 
Deu 4:24 
For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God. 
Deu 5:9 
Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me, 
Deu 6:15 
(For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth. 
Jos 24:19 
And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the LORD: for he is an holy God; he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins. 
1Ki 19:10 
And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away. 
1Ki 19:14 
And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away. 
Eze 39:25 
Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name; 
Nah 1:2 
God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious;2 the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies. 

Z 807..jpg

1 hour ago, createdequal said:

You really don't understand. To talk to the dead is IMPOSSIBLE.  The dead in Christ have not yet been resurrected and Gathered in the air with the living believers remaining on Earth . Therefore, when you pray to the deceased, who is answering? 

No, protestants do not "idolize" money and possessions. They don't pray to money. They don't pray to their possessions. They don't pray to people. They don't pray to angels. They believe in praying to the Heavenly Father in Jesus's name, as the Bible instructs. Therefore, they commit no idolatry.  

Catholics on the other hand believe in praying to the dead and to angels so that they can pray on our behalf. You will never find a scripture in the Bible commanding this in ANY time period. Catholicism is just Paganism disguised as Christianity. 2nd Corinthians 11:14. Read it. 

Disprove me with scripture. You will find it impossible. 

Again, 2nd Corinthians 11:14. It is imperative you understand, Satan can bestow (false) blessings as well. 

I am thinking, that this has lost any of it's OP focus, and it is just another "let's beat up on Catholic theology and practices" thread. I do not think the points are invalid, but I think the spirit of the thread is one of just criticism, sometimes meanness, some accusation, maybe some ignorance. There is little edifying in it. Edification is building up, this is mostly tearing down. There may be some genuine concern here, but it does not look to be all that loving.

Love your enemies, is our instruction. Are Roman Catholics the enemy? You can decide that for yourselves, then decide if you love them as Christ commanded or not. Pray for any, Catholics or not, who are outside of God's will. Do we think that Jesus died for their sins? Did He die only for the sins of 'protestants' or what? It is possible that God will grant repentance to many who need it, none of us deserve it, so let's not act as if we do!

As a believer in sola scriptura and sola fide, I get where some of you are coming from, and agree with that. Sometime, think about what things it is, that you and Catholics agree on, and work from that. I believe that that there is a triune God, who created the heavens and the earth. I believe that Jesus, is God the son, God in human flesh, born of a virgin (Mary). I believe He lived a virtuous, sinless life. I believe He took on my sins and died on the cross for me. I believe he was resurrected on the third day, bodily. I believe He ascended to heaven, to be at the right hand of the Father, and all authority is His. I believe that one day, He is coming again. I have run into many Roman Catholics, who believe these things also. I am not sure I have the authority to judge such people as not being brothers and sisters, though we would disagree on many things. Some of the differences are significant, but many are not critical.

I am not ecumenically minded, but I do believe that my savior knows who are His, while I do not.

That rant was mostly targeted at those critical of the OP and the RCC. I do not think these criticisms are without merit, they do have merit. To the OP. you should know that in a forum with lots of Bible believers, you are going to draw fire. I think people are right to assert that giving credit to a set of beads and a list of pre-set prayers, is problematic. "I prayed to God, and He appears to have blessed me", is one thing, but giving apparent credit to  man made ritualism, is a bit too close to idolatry for many, do this, and expect the fallout and strife which serves no one and does not glorify God.

Anyway, I am locking this thread, since it has just degraded into repetition and and accusation, just smoke and heat with very little light!