IGNORED

I am a slow learner

..and a fool. I keep being disappointed with people. Putting my trust in them, expecting them to fulfill me. 

When will i really understand and live knowing that only God can fulfill me? That there is no comfort in this fallen world. 

Even those closest to me do not know me. But God does. 

So is it best to live expecting to be let down by people? Also to know i will let others down too and have done many times? To come to terms with that? 

I am only really happy when reading my bible and pray. To our unchanging Lord in this ever changing world. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

7 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

So is it best to live expecting to be let down by people? Also to know i will let others down too and have done many times? To come to terms with that?

I hate to say this, but yes, you have realize most people are going to let you down most of the time. And don't be fooled by what they say they believe bc I've found that doesn't mean a thing. However, you don't have to become one of them and let everyone you know down all the time. But you do have to realize most people are constantly lying and they think it's just fine. It's a shame the world has become this bad bc I don't think it always was to this extreme. Or maybe I'm being foolish too.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Perhaps it's better to think of it like, no matter what does or does not come to pass, everything will be okay. I get along with a guy at first who then changes tune and doesn't like me anymore. Life goes on. I try to do my best with a task I've never done before and I never seem to be able to improve or even just do okay. Life goes on.

A person doesn't live up to your expectations. Life goes on. You don't live up to your own or others expectations. Life goes on.

I guess I don't really know how to put it in better words. You win and lose with every breath you take. It's life.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

33 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

I am only really happy when reading my bible and pray.

Keep doing that then :emot-heartbeat:

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

38 minutes ago, JTC said:

most people are constantly lying

Cud u explain in details how ?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

The french have a saying that goes; "C'est la Guerre, C'est la Vie, C'est la Amor". Literally translated Such is war, such is life, such is love.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

3 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

So is it best to live expecting to be let down by people?

It may sound strange, but this has actually improved my life. I absolutely adore my father and older brother, but they are BSers(can’t think of  a better word, sorry).

I now know that when they say they are going to do something, there’s a 50% chance it’s not going to happen. I used to take it personally and feel used and taken advantage of. Now I just laugh and enjoy the good things about them while trying to set a positive example for them by the way I live  my own life. 

I think having the right expectations in life is a very helpful thing.

Edited by ReneeIW
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

..and a fool. I keep being disappointed with people. Putting my trust in them, expecting them to fulfill me. 

When will i really understand and live knowing that only God can fulfill me? That there is no comfort in this fallen world. 

I am only really happy when reading my bible and pray. To our unchanging Lord in this ever changing world. 

Hi ,

Gee  that must make for a rather  lonely feeling even when reading the Bible.

Live life expecting to be let down by people? ??? No! Don't think so. No, not at all.

Live life expecting God to use the foolish things to accomplish His will. see God using the most vain,  the most weak, the most unlikely, to do His will, showing that  it is not by any man that His work is done, except that God alone wills it.

Look at God using an 80 year old Moses a man  who had named his first son by his second (or later)  wife Gershome. Look at Gideon the man of valor who  is first introduced as a fear filled weakling trying to tend the wheat sheaths  while hidden deep in a wine pressing area instead of up in the winds in the open. 

God uses the weak to confound the strong. So don't resent weakness in others,  look for  God to be using that very quality,  their weaknesses, to His good purposes just to show it is He, the I Am that is sovereign.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

4 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Hi Melinda

First I want to say to I do not believe your are a fool for trusting others and letting your guard down. To me, it sounds like you are someone with an open, soft and loving heart because you do step out and have taken chances to trust others despite your previous experiences. The Spirit inside of you is "Love" and He is what is keeping you from having a hardened heart. God is love and if we have him living inside of us I don't think he wants us to live in this world not trusting anyone. I know we have to be safe and protect ourselves to an extent but with God in our lives we are truly protected. He will bring the necessary healing and comfort so we can get right back up again.  In a lot of ways I also find my happiness in reading God's word which is why I spend so much time in it. We know that God loves us more than anyone living family included could love us. Because I know our Lord loves us I believe there are people who can be trusted. For myself out of everyone I know there are only two people I completely trust in my life which is my mother and daughter.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41

5 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Yes, honey that is how life is. However; we have a true God who died for our sins. Stick with Him. You just pray for others. It can be lonely, but it’s worth it. It’s your power when you are powerless.  Your comfort when you are uncomfortable. Your salvation when you are lost. Pray always. Be specific. It’s hard, but it is also hard for us all.