• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:20 PM, lovethelord said:

Hi Mike,

That was me before I came to Jesus. It was easier to just act like nothing happened and push down my guilt over the person(s) I had hurt. Now having been a believer for many years and having this done back to me. I have to just keep asking God to help me move on from the hurt and extend forgiveness to that person. Without a doubt it is hard, however I make a point to read passages in the bible that speak to me about forgiving others and I learn why God wants us to forgive others and I found that it really is beneficial for the person who extends the forgiveness. Eventually, God will provide the healing from the hurt in his own timing.

Yes I know what you are saying. I have to pray every day. It can be a real catch 22. I used to have a quick temper but to day I stay purity  mellow. We have to remember that we are the ones to be examples setters. Some times a dumb rift can spoil your witness. The problem has cooled down now. we sat down at the piece table. The enemy wants to trip us up at times.

God bless 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:39 PM, AnOrangeCat said:

The feelings can linger a lot but IMO actions carry more weight. If you make a conscious choice to do something nice for someone who's wronged you, or even just pray for them, you're on the right track.

I did just that and thanks. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 9/19/2019 at 6:42 PM, Mike Mclees said:

Have you ever since you believed struggled with sincere forginess when one who wrongs you and knows it yet never asks to be forgiven.  or apologize.. I,am no novice to my faith yet even after thirty five years letting go is hard. They go on acting as if nothing ever happened. 

I know this is a common occurrence but would like to hear some answers from the matured believers. I know Forgiveness is a capital commandment still  it bothers me today when there mind is a blank.  

Be at ease... forgiveness is not a capital commandment.

Hebrews 9:116-17 clearly state that the new testament / new covenant

is not in effect until Jesus' death on the cross. 

"Forgive us a we forgive others" is Old Covenant / Old Testament. 

It militates against John 3:16-18 / Ephesians 2:8-10 in that Grace is

unmerited favor not by works of any sort.

One passage says "for if you do not forgive others, your Heavenly Father will not forgive you."

Confirming this is Old Testament commentary on the Old Covenant Law.

Galatians 3:24–25 (AV)
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

The Law was to bring us to Grace. Once in Grace we fulfill the Law. We don't do away with it.

Jesus who fulfilled the Law to the Letter imputes HIS righteousness to the account of every believer.

John 16:26–27 (AV)
26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Somebody wrongs you, cut 'em loose... or confront them.

"May the Lord bless and keep my enemies... far away from me."

A very effective prayer.

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 9/20/2019 at 12:42 AM, Mike Mclees said:

Have you ever since you believed struggled with sincere forginess when one who wrongs you and knows it yet never asks to be forgiven.  or apologize.. I,am no novice to my faith yet even after thirty five years letting go is hard. They go on acting as if nothing ever happened. 

I know this is a common occurrence but would like to hear some answers from the matured believers. I know Forgiveness is a capital commandment still  it bothers me today when there mind is a blank.  

We must always forgive others and leave the judgement and consequences for actions in the hands of God.