• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 10/1/2019 at 11:52 PM, theInquirer said:

No, I believe it. . . it's just that when the devil hits me with doubts against it, I have to have something other than it to seek a solution from. 

The Word of God (Bible Genesis-Revelation) is the only foundation one needs here in this mess

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

On 10/8/2019 at 7:40 AM, choir loft said:

The world and the spirit are always in conflict.  Always.

For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. - Paul writing to the Galations 5:17

Those who are spiritually unregenerate do not experience the war between the Holy Spirit and the flesh.   If they war at all it is as you say, with the forces that drive them in the world in opposition to what their hearts wickedly desire.  For example, a criminal's desire to obtain that which the law forbids.

Those who are saved experience this conflict a great deal.  Almost all of the Pauline letters of the New Covenant address the issue.  It is the nature of the spirit filled life to have to engage in the tug of war between the flesh and the spirit - between the world and the holy.

One of the false gospels being transmitted today is the gospel of contentment.   Congregations are being told to be content with their lives, when in fact there is great discontent all around us.  The world battles against us continually as well as temptations within.   Man is born to trouble (Job 5:7).  It is a fact of life.  Denying it doesn't make it go away.  It just confuses the issue.

Christ has promised to help us in the battle and to never leave us, but He has NEVER said He'd excuse us from tribulation either early or late in the process.  

"I pray not that thou shouldest take them from the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil one." - Jesus as quoted by John 17:15  

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

not from God's side of reason for God gives no place for evil but hell...
Job 23:12
12 I have not departed from the commandment of His lips;
I have treasured the words of His mouth
More than my necessary food. 

NKJV

Rom 1:18

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
KJV

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,191
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 10/12/2019 at 10:22 AM, enoob57 said:

The Word of God (Bible Genesis-Revelation) is the only foundation one needs here in this mess

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

not from God's side of reason for God gives no place for evil but hell...
Job 23:12
12 I have not departed from the commandment of His lips;
I have treasured the words of His mouth
More than my necessary food. 

NKJV

Rom 1:18

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
KJV

Don't understand exactly what you're trying to say.   Evil has its place on earth.   The righteous, or the Just, have their place with Christ in Paradise.  Therefore it says;

Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy." - Revelation 22:11

The time for evil to enjoy its labor is that which is granted upon the earth.   The evil and the righteous endure together until in due time both are harvested - the evil unto destruction and the righteous unto the Lord's good keeping. 

Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.'" - Jesus as quoted by Matthew 13:30

Again, I'm not sure if you are in agreement with this or if you are promoting another idea.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

4 hours ago, choir loft said:

Don't understand exactly what you're trying to say.   Evil has its place on earth.   The righteous, or the Just, have their place with Christ in Paradise.  Therefore it says;

Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy." - Revelation 22:11

The time for evil to enjoy its labor is that which is granted upon the earth.   The evil and the righteous endure together until in due time both are harvested - the evil unto destruction and the righteous unto the Lord's good keeping. 

Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.'" - Jesus as quoted by Matthew 13:30

Again, I'm not sure if you are in agreement with this or if you are promoting another idea.

God did not give place here for evil Adam did as he gave it over to the father of lies...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,191
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 10/13/2019 at 4:03 PM, enoob57 said:

God did not give place here for evil Adam did as he gave it over to the father of lies...

Insightful reply.   You've been doing your homework.  I do not see or hear such insight very much.  Thank you. 

Most that attempt to answer that question come up with convoluted arguments that are inconsistent with scripture, specifically Genesis 3.

Unfortunately when God gave autonomous authority to Adam and Eve, they in turn gave it to the tempter.

We shall never see autonomous human authority again - thanks be to God.  It shall not be returned to humanity.

Redemption in the name and authority of Christ, in the form of the second birth, provides for conditional authority to be returned to the race of Adam.  In this conditional authority, the Holy Spirit works together with the redeemed to do or not do that which is pleasing to God.    

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.59

Inquired said:

....: am I in control of myself?---Yes you are!

What exactly do I mean by "I," "control," and "what I do?" ---I = yourself, whether physical or otherwise, control = to exercise restraint, direction, volition, etc., what I do = the acts/deeds one does whether physical or otherwise.

With that in mind, I was wondering if anyone knows of any professional resources where I'd be able to ask my questions?--- I am sure there are plenty, but you probably don't need them.