Isaiah90

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I'm usually not interested in watching Christian programs on TV or in theaters. There's very few good Christian movies and shows. I think the problem is Christians don't know how to make Christianity appealing to non believers in the media. Everything is heavily sanitized and follows the formula used in films like "Fireproof." It's not my kind of genre. I've almost always been into superhero action movies, drama, horror, list goes on.

I want to see action drama shows/movies with a Christian message while involving the supernatural, violence, sex, list goes on. I want to see a movie where a protestant Christian performs exorcisms. I want to see a drama where a Christian hero ends up committing adultery and struggles with the consequences of his choice. Christians avoid this because they want a heavily sanitized Christian culture that doesn't break certain taboos. It's utterly ridiculous because the Bible is full of violence, blood, sex, murder, adultery, death, etc.

I'm a fan of films like Passion of the Christ because of how dramatic and gory the director made Jesus' death look. That's never been done before in many Jesus films.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I'd like to see a movie that is scriptural - 100% accurate - on the Book of Revelation - no Hollywood added, just scripture.  I don't believe one will be made though.

42 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I'd like to see a movie that is scriptural - 100% accurate - on the Book of Revelation - no Hollywood added, just scripture.  I don't believe one will be made though.

I highly recommend you watch "A Thief in the night" franchise if you're looking for movies on Revelation. It's one of my favorites. It scared me as a kid. It's very accurate. I love how it focuses more on the characters rather than try to make an Apocalyptic disaster film like 2012. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

8 hours ago, Isaiah90 said:

I highly recommend you watch "A Thief in the night" franchise if you're looking for movies on Revelation. It's one of my favorites. It scared me as a kid. It's very accurate. I love how it focuses more on the characters rather than try to make an Apocalyptic disaster film like 2012. 

Seen them.   I am looking for scriptural not theatrical.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

15 hours ago, Isaiah90 said:

I'm a fan of films like Passion of the Christ because of how dramatic and gory the director made Jesus' death look. That's never been done before in many Jesus films. 

The televised film, Jesus of Nazareth was probably not for little children. It went on for a number of consecutive evenings. I watch all that are available to me.  

• Praise God! 1

7 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

The televised film, Jesus of Nazareth was probably not for little children. It went on for a number of consecutive evenings. I watch all that are available to me.  

That was probably one of the best Jesus films i've ever seen. The only thing i didn't like about it was how Jesus hardly changed his facial expressions haha. The film made him seem less human which was far from how the New Testament presented him. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Jesus of Nazareth was a five part miniseries. A sheer masterpiece— not just in the Christian Genre.The writing and acting are superb.The director had  to get weird, which would be the downfall of a lesser movie...the actor portraying Jesus was not allowed to blink when the camera was on him.....check it out the next time you watch this amazing movie. I’ve seen it at least 20 times......it’s on you tube....

Heads up on Brad Pitt  A.D. space movie—If I could find one, I’d pitch this Bore-Trek into the deepest Black Hole in the Universe.Two hours and eleven minutes of my life I can never get back......lol...

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

The Gospel of John was a very good one. It hasn't been aired in quite some time, but is also on YouTube. It like many others was filmed on location, and starred Henry Ian Cusick. This is one of the best portrayals of Jesus I've ever seen. The Gospel of Luke is also good for those who enjoy a scripture formatted film. It's KJV narrated all the way here, and listening to the dialog in the background sounds Hebrew or Aramaic. It's subdued and difficult to hear, so I could be wrong on that. Video quality on this one looks like a VHS copy. It's on YouTube as well. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Isaiah53NIV said:

Definitely worth watching, for anyone who hasn't seen it (or even someone who already has!).  Actually follows God's Word.

I saw portions of a film that was based on Matthew that actually portrayed Jesus as one who laughed and smiled frequently.....how refreshing.If I were the Creator of the Universe, I would at least create One in which there was a little lee -way for me to enjoy the Life that I created.How else would you do it? Joy is a Fruit Of The Spirit—- I bet Jesus had tons of joy in His life.His Mission was Dead Serious..... But I have yet to meet a True Christian who’s personality was not full of joy.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

the Jesus Film that Campus Crusade uses in their work is a super movie...