• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/05/1968

RDR2 is amazing! It's more simulator than arcade compared to RDR1. RDR1 felt like Atari in comparison. It has so many Easter Eggs and side quests. You aren't getting blitzed by endless bad gays as you explore. The open world takes you everywhere from snow capped mountains to cow towns to the bayou to big cities to the RDR1 map. You can hunt, fish, and animal watch. There are hundreds of birds, mammals, and fish. A great You get different breeds of horses, lots of different guns, and outfits. Endless customization. They took everything they did right with GTA San Andreas and took it to the old west. Arthur Morgan is such a cool character. It's a prequel. There are 104 story missions over 6 chapters and 2 epilogues, 20  stranger side quest characters giving you multiple missions each., and 10 companion missions. You can decide to enhance your reputation by attaining horseman, hunting, fishing, marksman, and other less honorable activities. If you played it and saw how well they constructed the plot and the seeming deep personal relationships you have with your gang you might have an idea how what I'm talking about. Instead of a gang of bandits robbing stage coaches and banks, a paintball team game where a match would take the place of a robbery. The team would meet people along the way and decide who and how to help. Like after a match you'd meet a character from another team who gets you involved in solving problems like his car breaks down and you volunteer to deliver pizzas for the day racing against time dealing with traffic or do things like touch football, delivering papers on a bike while dogs chase you, go skydiving, fishing, rescue people from a burning building, all kinds of things with a heroic and wholesome spin instead of murder, drugs, etc. Everything cool about GTA games, but without the crime.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 10/5/2019 at 6:24 AM, Repose said:

I actually haven't ever seen Jaws. I probably should.

Oh, I thought I knew the only two people who haven't seen Jaws!   My mother and a "Sister" who runs a pro life group! :angel:

Definitely see Jaws!!   Don't wait any longer.   See the original one, the suspense is excellent....the sequels aren't too good.   

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 9/21/2019 at 2:48 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Jesus of Nazareth was a five part miniseries. A sheer masterpiece— not just in the Christian Genre.The writing and acting are superb.The director had  to get weird, which would be the downfall of a lesser movie...the actor portraying Jesus was not allowed to blink when the camera was on him.....check it out the next time you watch this amazing movie. I’ve seen it at least 20 times......it’s on you tube....

Tubi TV (free app or website) has Jesus of Nazareth.   Tubi TV also offers lots of other Biblical movies, including documentaries.   It has various categories including secular movies.   It works very well.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/20/2019 at 5:42 PM, OneLight said:

Seen them.   I am looking for scriptural not theatrical.

"The Life of Jesus" is completely, biblically based on the Book of Luke. It has been made into 1300 languages and has been seen by billions worldwide. It is the most accurate film ever produced. I hand them out whenever I can. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

On 1/10/2020 at 2:54 PM, Prodigal Son said:

I just recently watched the gospel of John again. It is very good, brings a tear to my eye.

Gospel of Matthew is one of my favorites. It follows the scripture word for word and has the chapter and verse numbers in the corner throughout the film. I also like the job that the actor playing Jesus did, he is often cheerful with a smile on his face which makes him seem very approachable and likable.

Gospel of Luke is very good as well. I have Jesus of Nazareth but am yet to watch it as it goes for 6 hours. Passion of the Christ is ok but it only really focuses on Jesus' death from memory.

There movie St Paul (2000) is awesome. It has some speculative things about it, such as his friend Ruben who doesn't appear in the bible, but there is a lot about Paul we don't know so I accept that.

St Paul the Apostle (2018) is probably one of the latest biblical movies but is one that im yet to watch. As to Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014). All in all I like biblical films

Jesus of Nazareth is a Masterpiece ......drop what you are doing .....watch it.....you can thank me later.....lol...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

11 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Jesus of Nazareth is a Masterpiece .....

Love it.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

On 1/10/2020 at 2:54 PM, Prodigal Son said:

Gospel of Matthew is one of my favorites. It follows the scripture word for word and has the chapter and verse numbers in the corner throughout the film. I also like the job that the actor playing Jesus did, he is often cheerful with a smile on his face which makes him seem very approachable and likable.

I just recently saw this....how refreshing it was to see the One that actually “ created” smiles to actually have one on his face.....why did it take so long to see this on film....The Writers and Producers probably had the mistaken idea that Jesus was “religious !”  Now THAT is funny! Can you imagine being God and creating a universe that is so miserable and somber that You could never find anything to smile or laugh about?Constant scowls are for the religionists ......smiling, laughing and living a life of joy comes naturally to Christians— it’s a seldom mentioned Fruit Of The Spirit.....

I liked "Young Messiah".

Its certainly a better "Jesus type film" then something like "The Greatest Story Every Told"  (Max Von Sydow) which is just a weird flick the networks drag out every Easter, obo.

-

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I haven't watched one in a while except the Ten Commandments, which my wife likes to watch at least once a year.

I recall vividly--when the 'Passion of Christ' came out. A bunch of us went to see it at a local theatre. It was impactful. I recall walking out of the theatre--the silence.

I will check out the Young Messiah...thanks.

1 minute ago, Alive said:

I haven't watched one in a while except the Ten Commandments, which my wife likes to watch at least once a year.

I recall vividly--when the 'Passion of Christ' came out. A bunch of us went to see it at a local theatre. It was impactful. I recall walking out of the theatre--the silence.

I will check out the Young Messiah...thanks.

I think you'll enjoy it.
Its a work of fiction, but, its lovingly created.

Also, this is good.

Im not a Catholic, and you don't need to be one to appreciate this story, and this movie.

Get your popcorn and have fun. :)

--