Isaiah90

My problem with Christian films and shows

On 1/10/2020 at 2:54 PM, Prodigal Son said:

Gospel of Matthew is one of my favorites. It follows the scripture word for word and has the chapter and verse numbers in the corner throughout the film. I also like the job that the actor playing Jesus did, he is often cheerful with a smile on his face which makes him seem very approachable and likable.

I just recently saw this....how refreshing it was to see the One that actually “ created” smiles to actually have one on his face.....why did it take so long to see this on film....The Writers and Producers probably had the mistaken idea that Jesus was “religious !”  Now THAT is funny! Can you imagine being God and creating a universe that is so miserable and somber that You could never find anything to smile or laugh about?Constant scowls are for the religionists ......smiling, laughing and living a life of joy comes naturally to Christians— it’s a seldom mentioned Fruit Of The Spirit.....

I liked "Young Messiah".

Its certainly a better "Jesus type film" then something like "The Greatest Story Every Told"  (Max Von Sydow) which is just a weird flick the networks drag out every Easter, obo.

-

I haven't watched one in a while except the Ten Commandments, which my wife likes to watch at least once a year.

I recall vividly--when the 'Passion of Christ' came out. A bunch of us went to see it at a local theatre. It was impactful. I recall walking out of the theatre--the silence.

I will check out the Young Messiah...thanks.

1 minute ago, Alive said:

I haven't watched one in a while except the Ten Commandments, which my wife likes to watch at least once a year.

I recall vividly--when the 'Passion of Christ' came out. A bunch of us went to see it at a local theatre. It was impactful. I recall walking out of the theatre--the silence.

I will check out the Young Messiah...thanks.

I think you'll enjoy it.
Its a work of fiction, but, its lovingly created.

Also, this is good.

Im not a Catholic, and you don't need to be one to appreciate this story, and this movie.

Get your popcorn and have fun. :)

--

Thanks, again.

I may do just that....

:-)