dhchristian

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  0

I am Posting this for discussion purposes. The Numbers....

There is an ongoing silent migration away from the church of an estimated 3,500 individuals each and every day. A 2014 study indicated that over 1.2 million people will leave the church in the next year. Several factors are contributing to this trend, but the majority of individuals who are leaving the church report that they no longer feel connected. Can this be reversed? Can the church connect with these people before it is to late?

This movement away from the church has been ongoing for several decades. The number of churches that are closing their doors every year is leading to an overall decline in church attendance. In 2015, it is estimated that over 10,000 churches will close their doors. This has lead to a growing host of Christians who no longer have a place to connect with other believers. In fact, The Barna Group reports that the average size of a church congregation in America is just 89 adults. That means for each church door that closes, almost 100 people are left without a spiritual home.
When asked about the importance of church in their lives, 80% of 14-33 year olds reported that church was ‘not important’ to them. Millennials, as they are often called, have very different preferences of what church should look like compared to their parents. Millennials prefer worship spaces that are quiet and decorated in a classic style. They prefer casual dress and a sense of community over privacy. Clint Jenkin with the Barna Group says, “Millennials don’t look for a church facility that caters to the whims of pop culture. They want a community that calls them to deeper meaning.” In short, churches do not need to create ultra modern worship spaces to connect with young people, but rather create an environment that engages and inspires.

http://nationalblackroberegiment.com/shocking-statistics-church-decline/#

The Following is Tozer's prophecy, the Numbers bear out the facts

“Let me go out on a limb a little bit and prophesy. I see the time coming when all the holy men whose eyes have been opened by the Holy Spirit will desert worldly Evangelicalism one by one. The house will be left desolate and there will not be a man of God, a man in whom the Holy Spirit dwells left among them.

I hear Jesus saying…Mat 23:37-38: “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one killing the prophets and stoning those who are sent to her, how often would I have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you would not! Behold, your house is left to you desolate”

As the Church now stands, the man who sees this condition of worldly evangelicalism is written off as somewhat fanatical. But the day is coming when the house will be left desolate. And there will not be a man of God among them.

I would like to live long enough to watch this develop and see how things turn out. I would like to live to see the time when the men and woman of God. Holy, separated and spiritually enlightened-walk out of the evangelical church and form a group of their own. When they get off the sinking ship and let her go down in the brackish and worldliness and form a new ark to ride out the storm.”

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

47 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

There is an ongoing silent migration away from the church of an estimated 3,500 individuals each and every day. A 2014 study indicated that over 1.2 million people will leave the church in the next year. Several factors are contributing to this trend, but the majority of individuals who are leaving the church report that they no longer feel connected. Can this be reversed? Can the church connect with these people before it is to late?

This movement away from the church has been ongoing for several decades. The number of churches that are closing their doors every year is leading to an overall decline in church attendance. In 2015, it is estimated that over 10,000 churches will close their doors. This has lead to a growing host of Christians who no longer have a place to connect with other believers. In fact, The Barna Group reports that the average size of a church congregation in America is just 89 adults. That means for each church door that closes, almost 100 people are left without a spiritual home.
When asked about the importance of church in their lives, 80% of 14-33 year olds reported that church was ‘not important’ to them. Millennials, as they are often called, have very different preferences of what church should look like compared to their parents. Millennials prefer worship spaces that are quiet and decorated in a classic style. They prefer casual dress and a sense of community over privacy. Clint Jenkin with the Barna Group says, “Millennials don’t look for a church facility that caters to the whims of pop culture. They want a community that calls them to deeper meaning.” In short, churches do not need to create ultra modern worship spaces to connect with young people, but rather create an environment that engages and inspires.

“Let me go out on a limb a little bit and prophesy. I see the time coming when all the holy men whose eyes have been opened by the Holy Spirit will desert worldly Evangelicalism one by one. The house will be left desolate and there will not be a man of God, a man in whom the Holy Spirit dwells left among them.

I hear Jesus saying…Mat 23:37-38: “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one killing the prophets and stoning those who are sent to her, how often would I have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you would not! Behold, your house is left to you desolate”

As the Church now stands, the man who sees this condition of worldly evangelicalism is written off as somewhat fanatical. But the day is coming when the house will be left desolate. And there will not be a man of God among them.

I would like to live long enough to watch this develop and see how things turn out. I would like to live to see the time when the men and woman of God. Holy, separated and spiritually enlightened-walk out of the evangelical church and form a group of their own. When they get off the sinking ship and let her go down in the brackish and worldliness and form a new ark to ride out the storm.”

A.W Tozer was a solid Bible teacher. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, dhchristian said:

A. W. Tozer, man of God, ...he died just 2 years before the Holy Spirit sparked a revival among the California hippies that has spread around the world and is still vibrant and alive today, ...men of God that followed in his footsteps, ...expositionally teaching the Word of God, Genesis to Revelation, ...book by book, chapter by chapter and verse by verse.

Thank you Mr Tozer, ...may your reward in Heaven exceed anything you might of dreamed of!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

There will still be the 5 wise virgins out of the end times situation.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

22 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Very strange prophecy:

Evangelicals believe in the centrality of the conversion or "born again" experience in receiving salvation, in the authority of the Bible as God's revelation to humanity, and in spreading the Christian message.

Evangelicals today are on the cutting edge of what God is doing today. I would say he went out on a limb.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

I found an interesting chart:
image.png.1723c21234f4a8c1deba1fa641553026.png

Notice that the lines are almost horizontal, meaning, the percentage has not changed much over time. What has changed is that each new generation has fewer church goers.