• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Kristin said:

Today my son became a deacon of the children’s ministry at his church. He is 21. He was introduced and honored. I’m so very happy God has done such a work in his life. I’m divorced from his dad and it’s been beyond rough. But I’ve prayed for that boy constantly. The rewards are here!! It’s been very hard, but God is good!  My son is a Deacon in a huge church, not a drug addict on the streets. I’m so grateful. God is good. 

He never did drugs just to add. 

That is good news mom :)

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Kristin said:

Today my son became a deacon of the children’s ministry at his church. He is 21. He was introduced and honored. I’m so very happy God has done such a work in his life. I’m divorced from his dad and it’s been beyond rough. But I’ve prayed for that boy constantly. The rewards are here!! It’s been very hard, but God is good!  My son is a Deacon in a huge church, not a drug addict on the streets. I’m so grateful. God is good. 

Congrats Kristin......you have the right to be happy.

Please understand that what I about to say has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING  to do with you or your son—-  NOTHING......I am sure he is a repentant, Born Again ,Man Of God and will be of great value to Any Church he chooses to be a part of.....

Having said that,let’s not be too rough on that poor, drug addicted soul out there living on the streets. God loves him or her also and He is happier at the sight of one repentant druggie who has turned to God for help than he is with one-hundred,self righteous church officials who have never turned to God for help.They are wretched sinners also and need to turn to God with Repentance.

Again......not trying to rain on anyone’s parade— I felt like God was giving my heart a tug to make people aware of this.....

Best Of luck and God Bless you and your honored son!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,663
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  218
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Congratulations to you both and keep praying he will need you just as much now as he has for the past 21 years :emot-hug:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,537
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

10 hours ago, Kristin said:

Praise God, and thank you for your devotion to our Lord Jesus as shown in the fruit of your labors. May your son be protected by many angels as he tends the tasks of service to our Lord through  a local body of Christ Jesus. May he and the church flourish in sharing of the gospel of Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.84
  • Days Won:  33

That's wonderful news. Praise the Lord that He is leading your son in the way He wants Him to go in life.

God bless,

Becky.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I had to share somewhere where people understand the significance of this. Thank you for caring!  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 3

@Blood Bought 1953You are right!  I have had my fair share of struggles in that realm. I just didn’t want to put my own failings on my son. He just hasn’t had those troubles thankfully. I’m not one to accuse drug or alcohol users ever because I was among them. Salvation is for everyone and can heal all things. Never give up! Never forget the Lord who saved you!  Even when we fail, we are no longer lost ever. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1
  • Praise God! 1

12 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Congrats Kristin......you have the right to be happy.

Please understand that what I about to say has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING  to do with you or your son—-  NOTHING......I am sure he is a repentant, Born Again ,Man Of God and will be of great value to Any Church he chooses to be a part of.....

Having said that,let’s not be too rough on that poor, drug addicted soul out there living on the streets. God loves him or her also and He is happier at the sight of one repentant druggie who has turned to God for help than he is with one-hundred,self righteous church officials who have never turned to God for help.They are wretched sinners also and need to turn to God with Repentance.

Again......not trying to rain on anyone’s parade— I felt like God was giving my heart a tug to make people aware of this.....

Best Of luck and God Bless you and your honored son!

I was among those who use alcohol and drugs, not my son. I was just clarifying that to be fair to him. I’ve been saved and so has he, no matter who we USED to be, we are part of the Body of Christ now forevermore. Thank you for pointing that out. 

Edited by Kristin
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

Kristin,

What joy must be singing in your heart. Being a mother myself, I can only imagine your love you must feel. What a blessing to have a son who at 21 years old loves our Lord so much.  You and God both did something right!

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1