Sign in to follow this  
Blood Bought 1953

Jesus Plus NOTHING

1 minute ago, Firm Foundation said:

This is such nonsense!  

It’s a construct that creates a divide. It appeals to the mind that requires specialness.

Its my hope that over time, he will be shown.

The Lord had been faithful to do so many times.

4 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

This is such nonsense!  

Well this nonsense is what a gifted teacher would be teaching you on the first day of school.

You wouldn't learn this by a self proclaimed teacher or being self taught. I've shared what the results of that are already.

3 minutes ago, Alive said:

It’s a construct that creates a divide. It appeals to the mind that requires specialness.

Its my hope that over time, he will be shown.

The Lord had been faithful to do so many times.

So no discussion! Just straight to misrepresentation!

I thought you might be different.

9 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

This is such nonsense!  

Strong's : " pisteuo means NOT just to believe."

Vines : Pisteuo is" A personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender".

3 minutes ago, faither 2 said:

Vines : Pisteuo is" A personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender".

I simply trust my KJV BIBLE.  Whatever it says I go by.

12 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

This is such nonsense!  

Pisteuo is a verb, an act, based upon Belief, sustained by confidence.

Pisteuo in relationship to the living God is a specific act, based upon a specific belief, sustained by a specific kind of confidence.

Just now, Firm Foundation said:

I simply trust my KJV BIBLE.  Whatever it says I go by.

I understand, I'm not trying to beat you up with these things, only to warn you. 

The mistranslations of the most important word in the scriptures, at least in relationship to us, are not your fault or mine.

I just feel it's a responsibility for me to try and share this and much more with anyone who is willing.

14 minutes ago, faither 2 said:

That goes completely against the Gospel message. 

Rom 4:5  However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

In salvation, Faith is always set in contrast to works. God saves the sinner while he is yet in his sins. It’s a rescue mission.

Eph 2:4  But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,

Eph 2:5  made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Eph 2:6  And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

God raised you up with Christ. You didn’t surrender a thing. By faith in Christ you are united to him and given his life. Only then can you surrender anything and live for God.

Gal 2:20  I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

I personally use strongs and Vines. I know for a fact you are taking them way out of context to push this unbiblical teaching.

7 minutes ago, saved34 said:

That goes completely against the Gospel message. 

Rom 4:5  However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

In salvation, Faith is always set in contrast to works. God saves the sinner while he is yet in his sins. It’s a rescue mission.

Eph 2:4  But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,

Eph 2:5  made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Eph 2:6  And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

God raised you up with Christ. You didn’t surrender a thing. By faith in Christ you are united to him and given his life. Only then can you surrender anything and live for God.

Gal 2:20  I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

I personally use strongs and Vines. I know for a fact you are taking them way out of context to push this unbiblical teaching.

I just gave you the exact definition for the Greek word pisteuo out of the Strong's and Vines, as it pertains to the mistranslated words believe, believer, and believing.

Commentaries will support the mistranslations, the same as you are. But they will attempt to stamp the mistranslated words back onto the Greek. The Greek doesn't allow work and effort to be separated from true saving pisteuo. That falouscy came from those who were decieved, and built there understanding on the mistranslated words. 

The Greek language doesn't even have a word for our English word "believe."

The Greek language only acknowledges "pisteuo", an action, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence, that is moving towards God.

Or Apisteuo, any action, based upon Belief, sustained by confidence, that isn't moving towards God, is moving away from God and is communicated by Apisteuo. The reverse action of pisteuo. 

They don't bc acknowledge a state of being where one is only believing or on some neutral middle ground.