• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, Isaiah53NIV said:
6 hours ago, Picky Pilot said:

That would mean revealing who she is...typically people on boards such as this respect anonymity. 

I don’t mind telling George, though I doubt he cares. Just hate the thought of people coming to a Christian website and not knowing whether or not someone is telling the truth. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/14/1948

Well, then.  I stand corrected and apologize.  I think your experience would make a great book and I would purchase a copy. 

I've had two pastors fall because of affairs and the last one was one from a megachurch.  It was all over the internet.  
Things like that are very difficult to keep secret.  People talk, secrets are leaked. 

As for a Christian not telling the truth.  In my years of experience, it's a sad fact that purported Christians are often the most dishonest people I've encountered. 

Again, my apologies Renee.   I'm leaving here anyway. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member

14 hours ago, Picky Pilot said:

Well, then.  I stand corrected and apologize.  I think your experience would make a great book and I would purchase a copy. 

I've had two pastors fall because of affairs and the last one was one from a megachurch.  It was all over the internet.  
Things like that are very difficult to keep secret.  People talk, secrets are leaked. 

As for a Christian not telling the truth.  In my years of experience, it's a sad fact that purported Christians are often the most dishonest people I've encountered. 

Again, my apologies Renee.   I'm leaving here anyway. 

Hi Picky Pilot,

I hope you don’t leave. I actually prayed for your family this morning before I  saw this post. I can’t imagine what it’s like watching a spouse suffer from Dementia. I’ve struggled with my faith the last two years and praying for other people instead of thinking about myself helps me reconnect with God.

As far as saying that you didn’t believe me, please don’t give that a second thought. You have every right to question it and it didn’t hurt me. If the people involved were denying it then that would hurt.

The threat from  the pastor happened over 20 years ago and I never reported it. I did as he said and went away. I was 22 years old then and my abusive relationship with his friend(a Christian leader) was ending.

The pastor who threatened me didn’t want me telling others about my abusive relationship with his friend. I didn’t know at the time that they had started a Christian organization together while I was being abused. I found that out from a book in 2017 and then I came forward and reported them both. I came forward after 20 years. You can’t prove a threat from 20 years ago, but he didn’t deny it. He didn’t have an excuse for traveling from New York to my Chicago apartment.

The Christian leader  who abused me was fired. 

You have every right to be skeptical. That’s one reason why I’m writing a book because the press misreported parts of it and I want my family and others to know the whole story.

I hope you don’t leave here.  Have a good day.?

Edited by ReneeIW
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

21 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

I do notice that forgiveness is always brought up when discussing men and their failings(this is not directed at you or anyone at Worthy). But when a woman messes up, she doesn’t get the luxury of being called “broken” or “flawed” or “weak” and in need of forgiveness. The genuineness of her faith is questioned, she is called evil, and people are warned about her.

I take it from this statement that your affair with someone was not forgiven and you have been sent to prison for your failure to keep the commandments of God, or otherwise persecuted.  I don't know the if laws of your country are as strict, but in many countries such activities are a capital crime.

My view is that your sin has been forgiven by God, and anyone not in alignment with God is making a mistake.  My true and deep hope is that you feel deeply the love of Jesus.   There is no other path to peace than the love of Jesus.

I too struggle under similar burdens.

Love to you, beautiful and precious person.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, lftc said:

I take it from this statement that your affair with someone was not forgiven

No. Just reading a lot and noticing that when a man and woman get caught up in something the man is quickly seen as stupid, weak, broken and flawed. He cries, says sorry and people celebrate his repentance. 

The woman is treated differently. Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky are a good example.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

4 hours ago, lftc said:

I take it from this statement that your affair with someone was not forgiven

2 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

No. Just reading a lot and noticing that when a man and woman get caught up in something the man is quickly seen as stupid, weak, broken and flawed. He cries, says sorry and people celebrate his repentance. 

The woman is treated differently. Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky are a good example.

This world is so dark and hideously evil.

I keep looking for a glimmer, a ray of light breaking through.

I'll keep looking.

May God Bless you.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

If a Pastor can not preach the truth of the Holy Bible he should step down. 

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

If a Pastor can not preach the truth of the Holy Bible he should step down. 

So your position is that the most important thing is that the pastor is accurately preaching God's word? I do recall Christ saying do as they say not as they do(Matthew 23:3)so many would agree with you(if that is your position, I may be misunderstanding). And we do seem to be living in a time where the Word is being watered down to fit into what is socially acceptable.

But what about Titus?

Titus 1:5-9 English Standard Version (ESV)

Qualifications for Elders

This is why I left you in Crete, so that you might put what remained into order, and appoint elders in every town as I directed you— if anyone is above reproach, the husband of one wife,[a] and his children are believers[b] and not open to the charge of debauchery or insubordination. For an overseer,[c] as God's steward, must be above reproach. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain, but hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined. He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound[d] doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

4 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

So your position is that the most important thing is that the pastor is accurately preaching God's word? I do recall Christ saying do as they say not as they do(Matthew 23:3)so many would agree with you(if that is your position, I may be misunderstanding). And we do seem to be living in a time where the Word is being watered down to fit into what is socially acceptable.

But what about Titus?

Titus 1:5-9 English Standard Version (ESV)

Qualifications for Elders

This is why I left you in Crete, so that you might put what remained into order, and appoint elders in every town as I directed you— if anyone is above reproach, the husband of one wife,[a] and his children are believers[b] and not open to the charge of debauchery or insubordination. For an overseer,[c] as God's steward, must be above reproach. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain, but hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined. He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound[d] doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.

An elder is not a Pastor.

4 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

An elder is not a Pastor.

Oh wow, I have never heard anyone say that before. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I wonder if many believe that is meant for elders and not pastors. My duaghter's piano teacher is a pastors wife with a degree in theology and a friend of mine, and she quotes Titus as instructions for pastors. 

I always believed the fish rots from the head, but I guess that is in the secular world, not in the Church? I can see your side as far as the church should be built on a solid foundation, which is God's Word; but I'm still thinking Titus was meant for all leaders in the church. I wonder what others think.