existential mabel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

what are your thoughts about this demonstration?

i cant help but think, and though on the face of it it is a very noble cause to take up, however i w0nder if this will sow the seeds for social unrest and and break down of family structures?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_strike_for_climate

https://www.churchtimes.co.uk/articles/2019/20-september/news/uk/biggest-climate-protest-ever-is-planned-for-friday

we can fix this ourselves remit... but hey the governements are not addressing it, also where is God in this situation?

just how long can this dire situation continue with no real change- due mostly to, imo, to being a vote loser for governments around the world. and also i am aware of the end times...

Edited by existential mabel

50 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I think these seeds were down a long time ago.

ah another seed then as in the breaking apart of family structure and obiedence to God. discipline within a family..

Just now, Prodigal Son said:

Climate change is a political agenda in which the youth of today and the public have been brainwashed with. It's interesting to note that property that is by the sea remains unaffected. In fact Al Gore is so unconcerned about rising sea levels that he even bought a house by the beach

If they were serious about cutting Co2 emissions they would have every home fitted with it's own solar power system, off the grid. They could also get rid of the combustion engine which runs nearly all our vehicles and replace it with other technologies that produce far less greenhouse gases.

Nikola Tesla planned to supply New York with free energy in the 1920's but his technology was scrapped cos they want us to keep paying for it.

yeah brain washing been going on for a long while and its gaining momentum imo. and the younger generation have only known a world with social media they dont know much of life without all these things. its creating a universal mindset. and folk are ripe to be brain washed.

as like you say ....gosh i read about this reg Tesla and that woke me up to the possiblity that the governments dont want this along with other subseqent things...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.56
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Social media, yes. And the internet in general as well.

A person can find just about anything on the internet. For gullible untrained and unschooled christians, it is particularly fraught with pitfalls.

For example--an individual might hear about a certain doctrine or system and then start to do google searches.

The result may very well be a majority of twisted ideas. Some may be very enticing. Sensationalism sells.

Folks that need a sense of being special in their beliefs or who need to sound smart and knowledgeable are vulnerable.

Mars Hill comes to mind...the Greeks made opportunity for this. A place to hear any new thing.

Believers are well counseled to seek sound doctrine well established by many voices and not look for hidden meanings that excite the carnal mind.

Edited by Alive
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

2 hours ago, existential mabel said:

i cant help but think, and though on the face of it it is a very noble cause to take up, however i w0nder if this will sow the seeds for social unrest and and break down of family structures?

https://www.churchtimes.co.uk/articles/2019/20-september/news/uk/biggest-climate-protest-ever-is-planned-for-friday

I don't see much about the event itself or the cause in general that should "sow the seeds for social unrest and breakdown of family structure" as those seeds are being sown every day by much more compelling forces than this so any effect it might have on either will probably be so small as to have little effect.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 hours ago, existential mabel said:

I think debate is healthy, as long as protestors abide by the law.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,455
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Repose said:

Climate change has always been a thing because it is always changing. Vast majority of these global warming doomsday disasters are the most extreme lengths of what MIGHT happen. Everyone immediately goes to the best or worst scenario; we think in extremes, when reality tends to be more bland and dull. So yes, climate may change, but this mess is sensationalism with a political agenda. Even if we did go completely green, the amount of difference or time it would make/save would be minuscule.

Though, I don't think it wrong to look into alternative sources for everything. It expands our breadth of knowledge and provides a safety blanket in case things go awry. 

People assume scientists have integrity and the best interest of everyone, but they neglect the fact that scientists are still people. They can be purchased. They can be biased. They can mess up expiraments. 

The youth of today is taken in cause of the school system. I say that as a relative youth as well, at 25 years of age, who went to public school. Just like scientists, you tend to trust teachers. Then you get taught nothing but THIS information, of course they're going to be biased. Don't give up all hope on them, though. I didn't buy into the whole deal even as a public student, and a few others didn't either.

You're wise beyond your years. 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,701
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Just a bunch of sheep being used as pawns to further an evil agenda. The people may mean well, but they're being tricked into fighting for a lie to further someone else's agenda.

• Thanks 1