unworthyservant

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

To paraphrase an old quote, Did you ever wonder why the wicked seem so strong. It's because the Christians sleep while the devil leaves the porch light on. It's kinda thought provoking if you ask me. While Scriptural discussion and study has it's place and is necessary to understand God's plan for our lives (and there's several learned and Scripturally sound individuals here from whom to glean new insights), it's all for naught until we put those teachings into action. (Faith without works is dead) That said it can sometimes seem overwhelming because the devil does indeed leave the porch light on 24/7 and there's always a party there to which everyone is invited. That just means that we must be ever vigilant and work even harder to keep up. Just remember that the Gospel is one of action and somewhere close to you, the devil has a house with the porch light on. Sometimes doing God's work means getting your hands dirty or as the old song says "Put your hand to the plow and hold on". I've seen talk of social and political activism on here and I just wanted to remind folks that activism in the name of God is the best kind and the most rewarding. You can see the physical results every time you extinguish one of the devils porch lights. God bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Read the thread title and thought of Motel 6