IGNORED

If you were to die tonight are you sure you'd go to heaven?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/23/2019 at 8:21 PM, peeday said:

If you were to die tonight are you sure you'd go to heaven? Has anyone ever explained how you can know for sure?

A Gospel Primer
No one disagrees with the gospel’s logic of perfection vs. imperfection:

1)      Ask someone, “Are you, like me, morally imperfect, and you disobey your inner voice?”

2)      After their “Sure!” say “If there’s a Heaven or utopia [long pause] we can’t go! If I hurt your feelings in Heaven or vice versa, it’s not Heaven. How can imperfect people get to Heaven?” People usually respond, “Do you have a solution?”

3)      Say “The solution is a person. The Bible explains that Jesus Christ, being God, innocent and perfect, switched places with us on the cross. He died a horrible death by torture to take our sin, guilt and shame, our imperfection. He then rose from the dead, and as the Bible says, “God loved the world in this way--He gave His Son [I hold one hand up], so whoever trusts Him [I raise my other hand] shall not perish but has eternal life [I fold the fingers of my hands together].” (Trust is clearer than “believe” for John 3:16.) Put another way, “God made Jesus, who was perfect, to be imperfect [I cross my arms over each other] for us, that we who are imperfect might become as perfect as God.”” (2 Corinthians 5:21)

Helpful Sayings

1)      I could be a Christian 1,000 years but disobey my conscience. Jesus died and rose to forgive us, but if I go to Heaven today, I’ll destroy the place! I need not just forgiveness but transformation.

2)      When I hear a voice in Heaven say, “Don’t do that,” I’ll respond, “Yes, Lord.” Eternal life is just that—time with God, time with friends, sitting outside on a beautiful day, etc. without ever hurting others. But is eternal life a free gift or something you work toward?

3)      “If I was starving and you gave me food, you’d say it was a free gift. But it isn’t free, you paid for the food. Jesus paid a horrible price, death by torture, for us to have a free gift, eternal life.”

4)      “On a scale of 0 to 100%, how sure are you of Heaven? I can read your mind, less than 100% is because you’re imperfect. My number is 100%. Once I stopped trusting me, and I started trusting Jesus, that was salvation.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I know with everything in me, that I will go to Heaven. I believe God's Promises for me. It's not a "me" thing that believes I will be in Heaven... it is a "He" thing. 

I am a grateful woman.

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42

Has anyone ever explained how you can know for sure?

We can know for sure because we KNOW him, and He is faithful. As the Old hymn puts it, we Know he Lives because he lives within our heart.

I serve a risen Savior
  He’s in the world today.
I know that He is living,
  Whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy;
  I hear His voice of cheer;
And just the time I need Him
  He’s always near.
  He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
    He lives within my heart.
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 9/24/2019 at 2:21 AM, peeday said:

If you were to die tonight are you sure you'd go to heaven? Has anyone ever explained how you can know for sure?

This is a very good question. The bible also tells us to examine ourselves. (2 Cor 13:5).
When you sign an important contract, you don't have to think about to check it twice, you just check it many times automatically, because it is important. What is more important to yourself than your life in eternity? 

To know that you are saved is not just a feeling. It is a direct confirmation from the Holy Spirit.
Faith comes from hearing the word of God. So step one is to make sure to read your bible, learn about Jesus, learn about His wisdom. And also to learn what it means to be saved and how to be sure of it. How can you believe in Jesus if you don't know Him? So, as another brother commented above: read the 4 gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Jesus himself said He is the truth, the way and the life, no one comes to the Father except through Him. Once you repent of your sins and believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose again in three days, that Jesus is Lord. You will be saved and receive the Holy Spirit. The process of sanctification starts immediately, with the help of the Holy Spirit. I believe the process/speed of change is different in each person. But eventually you will hate sin, you will turn away from putting importance in worldly things, you will obey His words. You will see the truth.

The bible tells us that each born again christian has received the Holy Spirit. A truly born again christian will gradually bear fruit, the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 6:47 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life.

Remember this. Satan knows who Jesus is. The demons that were cast out by Jesus knew who Jesus was. They believed He was God.
So what would make Christians any different than demons? If you only believe He is Lord, that won't save you. You have to believe that everything He said is true, that the whole bible is true.

John 14:15 If you love me, keep my commands. (Jesus said this)

If we truly believe in Jesus, we will love Him for what He has done for us. We will thankfully keep His commands. We will believe His words are true and to be followed.
Every decision in our lives will be affected by this faith. We will have a new heart, new desires.

Note again that it is through FAITH in Jesus Christ, so that you are saved by His grace, by His blood. The signs of a saved christian are the fruits of the spirit and the sanctification process, the turning away from sin. We will stumble, but we will always be facing towards Jesus. Following Him only.
We can't save ourselves by doing good. But once we are saved by Christ through faith, we will do everything to follow Him.

Edited by Wesley L
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

Absolutely, dear friend. The promises of God never fail. 

1 John 1:9 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Romans 10:9-10 9If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is LORD," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

God bless ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/23/2019 at 7:21 PM, peeday said:

Going to Heaven is based on Who gets you there, and Do you have Him in your heart.

The proof of this is if you are born again.

The reason a born again person goes to heaven, and is in fact "seated in heavenly places" right this very second.....is because Jesus , who Himself IS Eternal life, has not only given all Believers eternal life, but He is inside all Believers, and they are "in Christ"... So, where He goes, we go.   The reason a dead believer's body is not going to say in the grave, is because Jesus "is the RESURRECTION"< so, this power of resurrection that IS Himself the same JESUS who has the power over DEATH and the GRAVE, will HIMSELF cause the body of a dead believer to RISE from the Grave.

If you are born again, you can trust that Jesus , who is the Resurrection and ETERNAL LIFE< .. who is in you,   "Christ in you", and you in Him..."in Christ", is WHY you go to heaven.

If anyone tries to tell you that you are the reason you go or dont go, and this is based on you doing works, or commandments, or anything that is a "to do list", then they are lying to you.

THe same Jesus who Himself IS SALVATION, IS GRACE, is WHY you go to Heaven.....>He takes you there.

When you are born again, you are born again, INTO GOD, INTO CHRIST, and INTO Eternal Life WITH THEM.

This is permanent.

Shouting about this,  and giving God praise for this, for the rest of your life, is a good thing to do...... everyday.

Being Saved, means you are saved FROM something.    You are saved from GOD's Eternal Judgment.   You are SAVED from going to Hell.    This what being REDEEMED means.    

That's something to SHOUT ABOUT.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

NO...regardless of what all is said here about following Christ, if you study the entire New Testament and follow Paul's entire teachings, Following Christ is a process and there are NO GUARANTEE"S.

Our walk with Christ is incredibly conditional, and continues through our whole life, again like Paul as an wonderful strong, imperfect example for me to follow.

I love my walk and looking back at the challenges and trials that tested my faith and caused me to grow and change, and become stronger in the face of future tests of my faith.

I never think about being SAVED or not, because I'm still in the process, so I focus on my daily walk and let my results decide my fate

Kind of like playing golf. No one wins from their first stroke on the first "T". You have to play the whole game to see your results, and if you possibly won.

As you get closer to the end, just like Paul, Paul knew he had won the upward prize of Gods calling.
He had fought the good fight, buffeted his body like a boxer, and won the race that he ran from beginning to end. A hard fought race.

1st Peter 4:18, "For if it is with difficulty that the righteous is saved, what will become of the godless man and the sinner".

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'm as sure as one can me in this life.

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1