IGNORED

If you were to die tonight are you sure you'd go to heaven?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 11/23/2019 at 1:07 PM, Mike Mclees said:

Pray always that we be accounted worthy to escape the things coming on the earth. 

If we are born again, then God has already counted us "worthy."

What makes us worthy is JESUS.   BECAUSE......He is made unto us the righteousness of God.

You can't possibly be more "worthy", then to have the very righteousness of God, as your OWN Righteousness.

This is the effect of the  Blood Atonement on us, and in us.

When we read "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to GOD's  mercy HE SAVED US, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost". Titus 3:5. 

When we read this verse, we see that GOD does it all for us, as "the GIFT of righteousness".   which is completed by this verse.   Philippians 1:6..... "God who Himself began your salvation, will HIMSELF BE FAITHFUL to COMPLETE IT">

He does it, because Christ EARNED IT ON THE CROSS. = We get it.   = Justification by FAITH.....Alone.

The reason it is ALONE, is because we have no part in achieving it, as Christ ALONE achieved it and finished it ON  THE CROSS.

Edited by Behold
  • Well Said! 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

After reading all the other replies and discussions.

It is great to hear that many brothers and sisters have certainty of their salvation. According to the bible, it is important to have certainty of salvation due to the complete work of Christ and it is the Holy Spirit within us that testifies.

But still, the bible also warns us for false belief. I pray that each one of us keep testing themselves whether we have received the true salvation and are not mislead by false doctrine. (I am not pointing fingers, but just sharing God's warnings to brothers and sisters)

There is nothing wrong with testing your faith. Testing yourself is not a weakness in faith, it is just obeying God's word. Strengthening your faith by testing. Not daring to test, or too proud to test, that may be a bad sign. Be humble and follow Jesus, follow God's word.
2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test? 

It pains me if any brother or sister in our church would face rejection from our Lord at the end of days because of false faith.
Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’  (Also go read Matthew 7:15-20.)

P.S. How to test? Pray for guidance & read the bible, specially the NT. Compare His words with your own life.

Edited by Wesley L
added scripture

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I've only been repentant for 6 days now after flip flopping from believing to not believing. I think ill stick with it now. I suppose I would go to heaven but after 3 months of repentance I will feel much better about it. 

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

There is only ONE way to “ go to Heaven”. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with what you call “repentance”.

If you want to get SAVED......do it The Bible Way.......Turn to  God  ( the only Repentance that plays a part in Salvation) as a lost , Hell- Deserving Sinner That needs a Savior .That Savior is Jesus Christ.Rest in His Gospel Of 1cor15:1-4.....

You appear to have been the victim of some very bad teaching......please go here to understand what Christianity is...... “ getgodsgift.org”......

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

There is only ONE way to “ go to Heaven”. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with what you call “repentance”.

If you want to get SAVED......do it The Bible Way.......Turn to  God  ( the only Repentance that plays a part in Salvation) as a lost , Hell- Deserving Sinner That needs a Savior .That Savior is Jesus Christ.Rest in His Gospel Of 1cor15:1-4.....

You appear to have been the victim of some very bad teaching......please go here to understand what Christianity is...... “ getgodsgift.org”......

I mean repent from sinning. You do have to repent of your sins. There's no point saying Jesus died for your sins and then you still sin, my friend. Plus the bible says repent many times.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

I'm more of a morning person.

"Not that I'm afraid of death,

I just don't want to be there when it happens."

--Woody Allen

But to answer the OP question, 

yeah I am quite certain.

I didn't choose him,

he chose me in 1967.

Been his ever since.

Edited by JohnD
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2Cor. 5:6   Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that awhile we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord — 7 for awe walk by faith, not by 1sight — 8 we are of good courage, I say, and aprefer rather to be absent from the body and bto be at home with the Lord. 9 Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be apleasing to Him.

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 9/24/2019 at 1:21 AM, peeday said:

If you were to die tonight are you sure you'd go to heaven? Has anyone ever explained how you can know for sure?

I keep repentant heart and a repentant spirit daily. I believe i will be saved.