Sign in to follow this  
peeday

Please I Need Quick Advice, what will you do?

16 hours ago, peeday said:

Would you report a very close friend to the authorities if you knew he is about to commit a serious crime and he told you about it. 

Yes, if someone's welfare was threatened.

Without a doubt. I'd be keeping whatever criminal activity that was about to happen from happening but also helping my friend by prohibiting them from doing something stupid. 

Edited by TheAimes
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi Peeday,

Since you state this is a serious crime, it would have to be reported and/or prevented.  Any crime small or large is crime. Just as there is no such thing as a small lie or big lie. I take it your friend trusted you enough to tell you about this. Let this friend no in uncertain terms that you will report him/her if they go forward with it and because you care about this person you can not let them move forward with hurting themselves or another by their action.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes I would...     have......

I would, too.  The truth sets us free.

• Loved it! 1

You would be doing your friend a kindness to keep him or others from possible harm. If you have knowledge of a potential crime, and you cover it up, and the crime is committed, it makes you complicit. When a friend begins to share a "secret" with me, I let him know that if it is something he could be in trouble for, I would prefer not knowing, otherwise I become responsible for that knowledge.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Coliseum said:

I become responsible for that knowledge.

Unfortunately or not, knowing places one as an accessory. Equally guilty in US courts of law. 

I agree with everyone who advised you. Why would you even be friends with someone willing to commit serious crimes?  And put you in danger by telling you about it?  If it is a friend, I would confront them and tell them I will expose them. You don’t need to be implicated. Crimes are dangerous and ruin lives. Flee from this “friend”. Trust us, they are no real friend. 

On 9/24/2019 at 2:01 AM, BeauJangles said:

Wow, that's a hard question. If someone was going to be potentially harmed in anyway, and seriously, it would be easier to report such a crime. I'm going under a strong impression you were told this in the utmost of confidentiality. That puts you on the spot. Now what? 

Exactly... 

On 9/24/2019 at 2:03 AM, wingnut- said:

If it puts lives at risk, absolutely

It is worse that he had told you outta trust placing his own life and freedom in your hand, how do u just report him? 

Sign in to follow this