• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/06/1970

I did a little search online and it comes from the word adialeiptos, which doesn't mean nonstop — but actually means constantly recurring.

What is the content on this type of thinking or thoughts?

Constant praise and worship, perhaps constant remorse and regret, is having a Christian song stuck in your head count for anything?

I'm not sure how I'll ever get to be like this.

Thanks ahead for any responses.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  04/06/1970

Just having one foolish or idle thought is the same sin as all the other horrible crimes according to God.

It's such an incredible, supernatural standard to uphold.

I'm feeling low because of this and could at least use an internet hug from someone here.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

In the same way you obey the greatest commandment.

With the help of the Spirit living in you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

It's a choice we have to make every day, and on an especially trying day every moment of every day. The Bible uses terminology like "crucify the flesh" (Galatians 5:24) and tells us to guard our thoughts and renew our minds. It absolutely takes time and effort and we're bound to mess up along the way, but we're supposed to keep trying. Immerse yourself in Christ and keep yourself grounded in Christian fellowship.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

5 hours ago, Addison said:

I did a little search online and it comes from the word adialeiptos, which doesn't mean nonstop — but actually means constantly recurring.

Constant praise and worship, perhaps constant remorse and regret, is having a Christian song stuck in your head count for anything?

Prayer like coughing when you have a cold, here and there, as required, abundantly.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Addison said:

Shalom Addison

For me, whilst I understand 'prayer' is 'asking', by definition, I see this as as an instruction to continue to offer a sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving. 

Don't feel burdened by this. Do it as naturally as you feel lead or try to form a habit of doing it twice a day, morning and evening, even if it is simply to say thanks. 

Just having one foolish or idle thought is the same sin as all the other horrible crimes according to God.

It's such an incredible, supernatural standard to uphold

Not quite. You have the principal a little bit distorted here. Don't create a burden from misunderstanding the true context. 

I'm feeling low because of this and could at least use an internet hug from someone here.

Big internet hug to you!

Listen, it sounds like you are going through a time of unfair self-adjudication, either from a natural character trait or spiritual warfare.  You do well to consider Scripture with fear and reverence - something which many lack, even in here. But remember the heart of Yahweh. He isn't trying to catch you out and accuse you. He wants to help us because of His great love, compassion and mercy.  Remember He is good and loving, as your base assumption, and everything will fall into place. 

And walk the path of discipleship one step at a time. Deal with what you can today and make improvements constantly, little by little. Don't lose heart at distance of the path and think "I'll never make it!". By taking one step at a time you will go further than you think and the Father will see you are making progression. 

Love & Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

I believe you are referring to 1 Thess 5:17, which I've seen translated as "Pray constantly" and "Pray without ceasing." What it means it this: We are supposed to be walking with God. We should be in constant prayer - fellowship - with him. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

On 9/24/2019 at 3:15 AM, Addison said:

Hi Addison,
I'd rather have a Christian song stuck in my head than a negative or unproductive thought.  The premise of a Christian song is that it is worshipping and praising our Lord! God wants our love, prayers and praise but He doesn't want it to become a legalistic thing.  Lets say your thinking of a loved one, it shouldn't be a struggle to be thinking of that person, wondering what their doing, if they are okay etc... The same with God. As your love deepens for our Lord (from the reading of His Word) it becomes more naturally to come to Him for everything. Even speaking to Him throughout the day on things you are doing and asking for guidance, decisions, actions. Prayer is talking to our Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Also, just having your heart turned towards the Lord can be a prayer.   Sometimes we use words, or our thoughts are turned towards the Lord....all are prayer.   Just a deep reverence for God in our hearts can be a prayer.   It will come naturally after awhile, don't worry.

psalm-42-1-famous.jpg.db881d92275cd91f369453b13342ee2c.jpg

• 9 months later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 9/24/2019 at 11:15 AM, Steffenfield said:

Its impossible to literally pray without ceasing but it is possible to keep a prayerful spirit and remain in spirit at all times. I must admit that this had to grow on me. Prayer without ceasing to me is remaining spiritual at all times.

• Thumbs Up 1