• Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,874
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, thomas t said:

Hi OtherOne

I think you're being euphemistic, here. Let's look at the post in detail:

Actually, when @Sonshine☀️ says that Satan is behind what Greta is doing all day long, she (it's a she, btw.) links Greta closer to Satan than anybody else. And this is exactly where Sonshine is getting personal in my view. In my opinion, protecting the climate happens to be Greta's No.1 occupation. That's what she does day in day out. And poster Sonshine was referring to it.

It's the same when you would call all music as an act of Satan. I happen to be a musician. When you link all music to Satan, you're linking my professional identity to Satan, too.

Furthermore, her post was in answering whether or not the replies here were “hatred and derision at this poor girl;” - not "at this poor mobement". This post was addressing her as a person, I think.

Sonshine argued that, because Satan was behind what she is doing, remarks against Greta is "the ready-to-fight stane of watching Christians".

That's the post in question LINK.

Before, we saw comments like this:

"The kid's [...] silly beyond belief," Click Here .

So, Sonshine seems to approve of all this, and this is what I can't understand. We shouldn't go around insulting everyone. Jesus set up clear rules how to deal with people outside the church: Don't judge Mt 7:1.

Sonshine tries to set up a new rule, as it seems. A rule saying that, when Satan seems to be behind what someone is doing, insulting her is perfectly fine. And that's where I think the proble lies.

Let's take Jesus' commandments fully seriously please. Let him be the author of our behavior. Let's avoid new rules - Bible is clear enough and Jesus should be the king.

Regards,

Thomas

and you are making way too much out of it all.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

2 hours ago, angels4u said:

You are  getting too personal to accuse Sonshine of anything,could it be you who is wrong?

Hi Angels, I criticised her on the subject level. Nothing more. That's not an accusation, as I don't want her being punished. And it's not getting personal.

I have nothing against her as person. God could bless her today and I wouldn't protest in any regard.

By the way, I was wrong in one regard. I said that I was wrong this morning concerning Greta having coauthored that book... and then for me this is settled.

1 hour ago, other one said:

and you are making way too much out of it all.

some Christians in this thread just didn't stick to the rule "don't judge" as cited above. Let's keep God's commandments. I am encouraging others to take God's commandments fully seriously. Why not.

During the last debate I had on insulting others here, one poster made up the idea that insulting was a sign of strength, when it is not. It was here, but George subsequently deleted the whole thread...

We really need to stick to the rule that judging is up to God, in my opinion.

Thomas

Edited by thomas t
clarity
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

5 hours ago, thomas t said:

Hi OtherOne

I think you're being euphemistic, here. Let's look at the post in detail:

Actually, when @Sonshine☀️ says that Satan is behind what Greta is doing all day long, she (it's a she, btw.) links Greta closer to Satan than anybody else. And this is exactly where Sonshine is getting personal in my view. In my opinion, protecting the climate happens to be Greta's No.1 occupation. That's what she does day in day out. And poster Sonshine was referring to it.

It's the same when you would call all music as an act of Satan. I happen to be a musician. When you link all music to Satan, you're linking my professional identity to Satan, too.

Furthermore, her post was in answering whether or not the replies here were “hatred and derision at this poor girl;” - not "at this poor mobement". This post was addressing her as a person, I think.

Sonshine argued that, because Satan was behind what she is doing, remarks against Greta is "the ready-to-fight stane of watching Christians".

That's the post in question LINK.

Before, we saw comments like this:

"The kid's [...] silly beyond belief," Click Here .

So, Sonshine seems to approve of all this, and this is what I can't understand. We shouldn't go around insulting everyone. Jesus set up clear rules how to deal with people outside the church: Don't judge Mt 7:1.

Sonshine tries to set up a new rule, as it seems. A rule saying that, when Satan seems to be behind what someone is doing, insulting her is perfectly fine. And that's where I think the proble lies.

Let's take Jesus' commandments fully seriously please. Let him be the author of our behavior. Let's avoid new rules - Bible is clear enough and Jesus should be the king.

Sonshine is not the topic of this thread. The subject of this thread is someone who has chosen to become a public figure and therefore open themselves up to public discussion and we are discussion forum.

If you think a topic should be reviewed by our staff or think another member has done something wrong within the thread, please report it, do not debate it openly.

Please refrain from turning other members here into the topic - as the Terms of Service says, debate the subject not the person. This is not-debatable nor is it something I will have an discussion regarding in this thread. I simply ask that you not do it again. Doing so again will result in your removal from the thread.

God bless,

Steve

Edited by Steve_S
Grammar and addition.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

11 hours ago, thomas t said:

Hi Ayin,

ok, it's a coauthored book. Point given. However, she distanced herself from that one. Did you see my link?

The false news as of today is pretending she still claims to be able to see invisible co2. What more should she do to distance herself from that claim? She did all she could do.

In my opinion, your link provides falsehood because they published their text three days after Greta's comment on this claim.

Just a question, what do you do when you notice what I would call personal attacks against Greta Thunberg in this very thread? You are a moderator...

Hi Sonshine,

linking her to Satan is getting personal. For the policy of this board, she can't reply in this thread. Even if she wanted to. As you may know, atheists can't reply here (I am assuming she is an atheist).

Getting personal against people who can't reply is twice as harmful, I think.

Thomas

I am a chat mod, not a forum mod. I have no authority to deal with personal attacks on the forum.

As far as I understand the rules, negative comments against someone not a member of this site are not of any concern. Nor is it considered a personal attack. The exceptions are world leaders. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Thomas,

Sonshine's statement was not in reference that the girl was collaborating with satan or even possessed by satan. Perhaps the following verses, and dialog between Jesus and Peter and the following explanation will help you better understand what sonshine was meaning.

Ephesians 6: 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

2 Corinthians 10: 3, 4For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.

I put up the above verse to show you that scripture shows that the world in general is being influenced by unseen spiritual forces of darkness without even being aware of it. By keeping this child and her parents so focused on the physical world we live in and man's abilities; Satan is able to hinder their ability and to hear the gospel and putt their trust in Christ, which is far more important than the global warming issue. And it isn't just this family, but the world in general. There is an unseen battle being waged for our hearts and minds.

In Matthew 16: 21 thru 23 Jesus began to explain what must soon take place in Jerusalem. Peter however, took him aside and began to rebuke him. "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!" Jesus then says "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns."

It is a short and to the point statement to Satan (adversary) . Satan was standing in the way, trying to hinder Jesus from doing what he came to accomplish. “Get behind me” is a way of saying. . . Your in my way. Move out of my way !! Satan had tried this earlier in the wilderness offering an alternative to death on the cross. And here he is again trying to get Jesus to compromise.

Matthew 16: 16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."

In the above verse Peter was expressing God's will and at the moment had the things of God in mind. Peter as well as the others did not fully grasp the true purpose of the messiah's coming. As Peter listened to what Jesus was saying about his mission, his mind drifted back on human thoughts and ideals of this world. His own plans and ambitions. Unwittingly setting himself up to be Satan's mouthpiece. Jesus' rebuke was aimed at the real source of Peter's thoughts. The rebuke also served to bring Peter's focus which was now off track. . . back onto the things of God.

Hi Steve,

thank you for your comments. Yes, your rules are good.

13 hours ago, Steve_S said:

debate the subject not the person

I never meant to discuss her as a person and I will stick to the rules you told me.

11 hours ago, appy said:

Sonshine's statement was not in reference that the girl was collaborating with satan or even possessed by satan

maybe I should turn away from what Sonshine has said.

There is something else we could read in the thread.

On 9/26/2019 at 12:17 AM, angels4u said:

The enemy is using this child

The enemy is Satan. So, Appy, would you say that this is linking her to Satan? Or how would you describe this? How would you feel, if I say "you are used by Satan!"

Hi Angels. I permitted myself to quote something from you. This does not mean that I want to discuss you as a person. I was just quoting you and then asked a question about your quote as to how Appy would interpret what you say. Nothing against you, ok? It's about what you have said.

Regards.

Thomas

Edited by thomas t
changed last sentence

Thomas,

Neither Angels or Sonshine are even suggesting that the girl is evil or a bad person or a weirdo. Someone to be avoided. Not at all !! Neither were talking about her per se, but about the climate movement itself; And the spirit behind the campaign itself. Movement as in. . . . a campaign undertaken by a group of people working together.

The bible often calls satan “the ruler of this world” or “the prince of the power of the air” “the god of this world” This does NOT mean that he has ultimate authority. Satan's domain is over unbelievers only. Christians are no longer under satan's rule. The bible teaches that Satan rules over the unbelieving world. The word “satan” means ”adversary”. He is also our “ accuser” Scripture says that satan desires to be worshiped as god. Not only is he God's enemy, but also man's. His goal is prevent man from being redeemed and having fellowship with God. This makes him our ultimate enemy.

The title “ruler of this world” suggests that he is the major “influence” over our unsaved world. The biblical meaning of “this world” refers to the present system of opposition to God. So, the Bible never teaches that Satan actually rules over the entire world, but that he is ruler over the current system of sinful opposition to God. In other words, he’s leading the rebellion against God.

The word “influence”. The definition for influence is . . .the capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behavior of someone or something, or the effect itself.

Scripture says we are not fighting flesh and blood, but the principalities, the rulers of darkness of this world. The principalities and darkness spoken of is satan and his minions. We can hear God's voice, satan's voice or our own voice through our consciences, circumstances, or through the communication of other people. Satan certainly can influence and deceive people through ideals, opinions, goals, hopes, philosophies, education, commerce, ideas, thoughts, speculations, and false religion.

2 Corinthians 4: 4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

When satan speaks to us, he has only one purpose: to do harm. Whether through discouragement, temptation, frustration, depression, or despair, his goal is always to divide us from God, to cripple our spiritual vitality, and prevent us from obeying and serving God. Satan uses man, for his own evil purposes in opposition to God.

It is not a far stretch in regards to this to see that satan can deceive (influencing) people of any age, gender, nation, tribe, or language into placing faith and trust in themselves and their own strength and power through an environmental campaign instead of looking to God for eternal life. Events like this environmental campaign is the reason Paul tells us to take every thought and pretense to the word of God.

The world's idea of evil, satan and demon's is vastly different from what the bible teaches about the spiritual realm.

14 hours ago, appy said:

Thomas,

Neither Angels or Sonshine are even suggesting that the girl is evil or a bad person or a weirdo. Someone to be avoided. Not at all !! Neither were talking about her per se, [...]

Hi Appy,

I thought about it.

In my opinion, it all comes down to the following question: When you say that everything a person does is evil/ inflienced by Satan or satanic... does this NOT mean AT ALL that the person IS evil? In my opinion, this is debatable. Whether or not this statement makes any sense... is a question that I shouldn't deal with in this thread. I was told by the moderator, if I get him right.

14 hours ago, appy said:

Satan uses man, for his own evil purposes in opposition to God.

You further seem to argue here that indicating that Satan uses her for a very special plan - which is the New World Order - is not the same as claiming that she and Satan share a very special common relationship indeed.

If this makes sense is debateable again, I think. But Steve, if I understand him right in this aspect too, doesn't want this question to be debated here in this thread. Because if you dabate this, you would be debating if this is getting too far ... and the mod doesn't want to have this debate here, if I understand him here. I fully respect his decision.

So I won't give any further comment on this. I'll stick to what he says,

Thomas

The biblical definition for evil, is a wrong DEED, MORAL WRONG, also known as sinful behavior. It is not a person. A person is often called evil because their behavior is sinful. Your wanting people to see everyone else as such good people, so there is absolutely nothing wrong with any sins they are doing and so we shouldn't say anything about it. Remember the conversation you and I had before? The bible doesn't tell us to repent because we are good, it tells us to repent because our deeds are already evil. The bible doesn't tell us that because someone's good deeds outweigh their bad deeds God will automatically look the other way and give the person a pass and welcome them into heaven. That is universalism, which says everyone is good, that there is no such thing as sin. Universalism contradicts what the bible says about our deeds and God's Holiness.

If our good deeds could outweigh our bad deeds, there would have been no need for Jesus to die on the cross for our sins (evil deeds). Thomas I gave you in my first post in this thread an example of what is meant in regards to how satan uses man for his own purposes in getting man to join in satan's rebellion. Satan was trying to prevent Jesus from dying on the cross. Why was that? Lets look at scripture

Hebrews 2: 14, 15 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death--that is, the devil-- and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.

Satan did not want Jesus dying at the appointed time, as a matter of fact he tried to prevent Jesus from dying on the cross. Alright so how did satan use Peter for satan's own purpose? He used Peter for a mouthpiece to rebuke Jesus. Peter wasn't even aware that he was being used by satan. For all Peter knew, he was just thinking. 

In Matthew 16: 21 thru 23 Jesus began to explain what must soon take place in Jerusalem. Peter however, took him aside and began to rebuke him. "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!"

Jesus' rebuke in the continuing conversation between Peter and Jesus was aimed at the real source of Peter's thoughts. The real source was not Peter's thoughts, but satan's words.

Jesus then says "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns."

The above definitely does NOT mean Peter was linked to satan, as if the two are buddies and collaborating, and making Peter look evil; but that satan was speaking to Jesus through Peter. Notice that Jesus doesn't even address Peter, but satan.

When satan speaks to us, he has only one purpose: to do harm. Whether through discouragement, temptation, frustration, depression, or despair, his goal is always to divide us from God, to cripple our spiritual vitality, and prevent us from obeying and serving God.

We can hear God's voice, satan's voice or our own voice through our consciences, circumstances, or through the communication of other people. Satan certainly can influence and deceive people through ideals, opinions, goals, hopes, philosophies, education, commerce, ideas, thoughts, speculations, and false religion.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 10/16/2019 at 4:42 AM, thomas t said:

Hi Appy,

I thought about it.

In my opinion, it all comes down to the following question: When you say that everything a person does is evil/ inflienced by Satan or satanic... does this NOT mean AT ALL that the person IS evil? In my opinion, this is debatable. Whether or not this statement makes any sense... is a question that I shouldn't deal with in this thread. I was told by the moderator, if I get him right.

You further seem to argue here that indicating that Satan uses her for a very special plan - which is the New World Order - is not the same as claiming that she and Satan share a very special common relationship indeed.

If this makes sense is debateable again, I think. But Steve, if I understand him right in this aspect too, doesn't want this question to be debated here in this thread. Because if you dabate this, you would be debating if this is getting too far ... and the mod doesn't want to have this debate here, if I understand him here. I fully respect his decision.

So I won't give any further comment on this. I'll stick to what he says,

Thomas

Not to go off topic too much but are not all people born in sin  and therefore belong to the enemy? And what was Satan's plan for this world? It's him which can influence people to work for him to fulfill his plan for this world and he is using non -born again people and principalities of darkness to reach his goal,this world is under his influence and only if we are born again the chain is broken,if we become a child  of God we will be protected by the blood of Jesus and only the Holy Spirit will be in us,we might get oppress but not possessed. Can you see how the the enemy is using people to get what he wants?

• Thumbs Up 1