• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Greta  Thunberg claims to be able to “see” carbon dioxide in the air

At first, I thought this had to be a joke. Then I thought it must be some sort of misinterpretation. Sadly, no.

According to her mother Malena Ernman (48), 16-year-old Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg can see CO2 with the naked eye. She writes that in the book ‘Scenes from the heart. Our life for the climate’, which she wrote with her family.

Greta was diagnosed as a child with obsessive-compulsive disorder and Asperger’s syndrome, just like her younger sister Beata. The activist also has a photographic memory. She knows all the capitals by heart and can list all the chemical elements of the periodic table within one minute. In addition, she has another gift according to her mother.

“Greta is able to see what other people cannot see,” writes Malena Ernman in the book.

“She can see carbon dioxide with the naked eye. She sees how it flows out of chimneys and changes the atmosphere in a landfill.”

Of course, with a ~ 410 parts per million concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere, we know that is a physical impossibility. Carbon Dioxide is a colorless and odorless gas:

It also does not reflect or absorb any light within the light spectrum that humans can see. Even if Greta had some special ability to see into the near infrared, the absorption spectrum of CO2 is far removed from the human range of color sensitivity.

But, this claim underscores how bizarre her activism has become, and people seem to want to look the other way instead of questioning her abilities and cognitive understanding of the information she professes to know.https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/05/02/quote-of-the-week-greta-thunberg-claims-to-be-able-to-see-carbon-dioxide-in-the-air/

Opinions anybody? 

Did any of you read about her traveling to countries and warning them of what is to come if they don't get their act together, everybody seems to be taking in  by her speaking up about climate change... 

Is there some kind of conspiracy to push this whole climate- change thing  to get the world to listen to her?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,793
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

She is a false prophet. She spoke at the un recently with a speech that she could not possibly have written herself. She has become the poster child for climate change. It is very much a false agenda driven proproganda being foisted on us.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

She is a false prophet. She spoke at the un recently with a speech that she could not possibly have written herself. She has become the poster child for climate change. It is very much a false agenda driven proproganda being foisted on us.

That's very much what I’m thinking too, did you read how the people don't want to hear anything bad about her? Here I was thinking that I’m the only one not going for her story....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Perhaps instead of marching in the streets and making vacuous noises about something they know little about, they should just stop using electricity,'

If you are going to turn yourself inside out about coal-fired power, turn off your iPad, your phone and your laptop, instead of charging them with life-threatening coal-fired power. Turn off the washing machine. Hand-wash your clothes. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Let's keep in mind that she's a child. As others have pointed out she's possibly being handled, trained, groomed, and so forth. She's being used to the advantage of others.

True, but if I may express my gut-level feeling about her?

this is going to sound extremist and etc... but really, she seems like a possessed person.. I mean, I get a creepy feeling looking at her and I know I would even if I didn't know a thing about her and her climate hysteria..

it is sad.

her parents need to take her to church... (but I guess she is 16?) -- after getting an exorcism, maybe?

sorry, can't help it.

I know she can't help it either, really. Her parents ought to be ashamed of exploiting her and letting others exploit her. 

Edited by createdequal
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, createdequal said:

ha ha, good luck with seeing that in your lifetime

they are hypocrites, those liberals.. fly around on their private jets all over the world but want YOU the little dumb** people to give up everything

I hear Cory Booker is a vegan. Yet at the Iowa fair which he had to force himself to attend so he can become president [roll eyes] he was either eating or helping fix some kind of beef item.. wish my memory was better but in any case, the libs want to take regular cars away from us, cows, meat, airplanes.. just about everything.

they a re liars anyway

no way are they going to give up their own airplanes.. They just say all that bs to get attention, to get elected, to get whatever they can get

Radiohead's Thom Yorke admits he is a 'climate change hypocrite' for lecturing others on environmental damage while jetting around the world as a rock star

• The musician told Desert Island Discs his job is incompatible with his principles
  • His comments come amid the mounting criticism of celebrities and VIPs
  • He said: 'I totally agree I'm a hypocrite but I'm trying to do something about it' 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7489963/Radioheads-Thom-Yorke-admits-climate-change-hypocrite.html

4 minutes ago, createdequal said:

True, but if I may express my gut-level feeling about her?

this is going to sound extremist and etc... but really, she seems like a possessed person.. I mean, I get a creepy feeling looking at her and I know I would even if I didn't know a thing about her and her climate hysteria..

it is sad.

her parents need to take her to church... (but I guess she is 16?) -- after getting an exorcism, maybe?

sorry, can't help it.

I know she can't help it either, really. Her parents ought to be ashamed of exploiting her and letting others exploit her. 

She does have a  autism disorder but there’s just something about which I find creepy too, I didn't even want to listen go her whole speech, her parents and the people encouraging her to do this should be ashamed of themselves,she’s only 16 and she started this when she was 15 years old...

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, HAZARD said:

Radiohead's Thom Yorke admits he is a 'climate change hypocrite' for lecturing others on environmental damage while jetting around the world as a rock star

• The musician told Desert Island Discs his job is incompatible with his principles
  • His comments come amid the mounting criticism of celebrities and VIPs
  • He said: 'I totally agree I'm a hypocrite but I'm trying to do something about it' 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7489963/Radioheads-Thom-Yorke-admits-climate-change-hypocrite.html

well good. Notice the present tense, though

he didn't say I HAVE done something, only that is TRYING

they just cannot stop being hypocrites even when they want others to think they are not hypocrites.. must be in the DNA

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

She does have a  autism disorder but there’s just something about which I find creepy too, I didn't even want to listen go her whole speech, her parents and the people encouraging her to do this should be ashamed of themselves,she’s only 16 and she started this when she was 15 years old...

I feel better now.. I don't have to feel alone in .. well, you know.. paying too much attn. to gut reactions and other subjective stuff

:)

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Isaiah53NIV said:

It was hard to watch because she was so emotional (I watched clips of it).  This young lady has Asperger's syndrome, and individuals with Asperger's and Autism often show strong interests in something way before 15 years of age. When speaking about their intense interests, they often can become emotional. Individuals with Asperger's also might have a difficult time distinguishing between fact/opinion, and sometimes have difficulty understanding when something is or is not in their control. People have said some very nasty things about her which do not have anything to do with climate change, and that's just not acceptable.

If anyone here has Asperger's please know that I meant no offense by anything I say in post. I know individuals with Asperger's are not all the same.

I know lots of people with autism, we are foster parents and at the moment we take care of a young person with autism,they are often smart people but focus strong on what they find important, that's why I blame the parents to let her get too far into this whole thing :(people are using this young lady for their agenda and the world is listening to her, watch and see how far she will get with this....we’re living in the last days and many will be deceived....

• Thumbs Up 2