• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1977

On 9/24/2019 at 8:32 PM, angels4u said:

Greta  Thunberg claims to be able to “see” carbon dioxide in the air

At first, I thought this had to be a joke. Then I thought it must be some sort of misinterpretation. Sadly, no.

According to her mother Malena Ernman (48), 16-year-old Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg can see CO2 with the naked eye. She writes that in the book ‘Scenes from the heart. Our life for the climate’, which she wrote with her family.

Greta was diagnosed as a child with obsessive-compulsive disorder and Asperger’s syndrome, just like her younger sister Beata. The activist also has a photographic memory. She knows all the capitals by heart and can list all the chemical elements of the periodic table within one minute. In addition, she has another gift according to her mother.

“Greta is able to see what other people cannot see,” writes Malena Ernman in the book.

“She can see carbon dioxide with the naked eye. She sees how it flows out of chimneys and changes the atmosphere in a landfill.”

Of course, with a ~ 410 parts per million concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere, we know that is a physical impossibility. Carbon Dioxide is a colorless and odorless gas:

It also does not reflect or absorb any light within the light spectrum that humans can see. Even if Greta had some special ability to see into the near infrared, the absorption spectrum of CO2 is far removed from the human range of color sensitivity.

But, this claim underscores how bizarre her activism has become, and people seem to want to look the other way instead of questioning her abilities and cognitive understanding of the information she professes to know.https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/05/02/quote-of-the-week-greta-thunberg-claims-to-be-able-to-see-carbon-dioxide-in-the-air/

Opinions anybody? 

Did any of you read about her traveling to countries and warning them of what is to come if they don't get their act together, everybody seems to be taking in  by her speaking up about climate change... 

Is there some kind of conspiracy to push this whole climate- change thing  to get the world to listen to her?

certainly a strange claim to make

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

She is currently set to visit CANADA. However, Canada is in the midst of an election and according to law, it is illegal for her to visit that country to push a climate agenda. Hmmmm. I think it's wise to keep a guard up here. Something is not right and/or we're not seeing all that we need to see with this. I love green energy but I also believe there is a process to step into green energy that is much more gradual.

Edited by dailyprayerwarrior

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Below is the actual wording from the book, itself. And yes the actual quote is in the book. She herself says she can't literally see carbon dioxide. And that no one has said that she can literally see it.  I'm surmising that someone with more professional writing experience, that possibly is often hired by the publisher to help write books, might of made some suggestions and/or contributions to said book. I think the paragraph itself is more of an embellishment or dramatization of the story, and not so much as a metaphor created to make the story more appealing for reading and thus sell more books. The fact that the quote is actually in the book, does not make the newspapers report fake. Maybe misleading, but certainly not fake.

"Because she saw what the rest of us didn't want to see. Greta belonged to the small few who could see our carbon dioxide with the naked eye. She saw the greenhouse gases flowing out of our chimneys, hovering upwards with the winds, and turning the atmosphere into a gigantic invisible dump. She was the child, we were the emperor. "

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

I removed some a post and some responses to the original post. While not a personal attack, suggesting something like was suggested is way out of bounds.